Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm shaking my head again.........................

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i'm shaking my head again.........................

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship."

Alexander Fraser Tyler, "The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic"

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

H.L. Mencken

Comment

Ask a Native American what they think? ( maybe that will add perspective)

Comment

Whether they are welfare cheats, disability cheats or insurance cheats, they make it bad for those who really need the help. I don't know why there is not more investigation, seems it would save all of us plenty of money? When we go food shopping, we are thoughtful of what we buy, but there have been times when I've seen folks using food coupons to buy what appear to be non essentials or wasteful things. I've also worked in the streets and backyards of the South Bronx knee deep in garbage or covered with mud and muck from a dirty manhole only to be laughed at by able bodied young folks clearly not gamefully employed. The system needs to be improved and we need to employ folks, not give them handouts. Still, there are those who need our help so a balance must be found.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
          Ask a Native American what they think? ( maybe that will add perspective)
          while i'm not a "native american", i am a north american native.

the hand-outs are too easy to get!!!

a lot of this really boils down to what we were taught and what our personal ethics are.

i remember as a 10 year old boy i asked my dad for money above what i received for my weekly allowance.

he told me to follow him to the porch where upon he handed me the snow shovel and said, "go out and earn it yourself". been working pretty much ever since.

up here in this town of 3000, half of the population is under the age of 18. of the 1500 adults, half are on welfare. of the 750 people on welfare, about half are young able-bodied adults. just for the sake of argument lets round that to 300. 300 X $319.00 (personal allowance) = $95 700/month the gooberment lets sit around and do nothing.

my little town is only 1 pixel compared to the big picture. but if i'm not mistaken, it takes many pixels to make a big picture.

i can't remember where somebody came up with this idea but i like it. work for welfare if your able-bodied.

if there are mental issues, get diagnosed and treated. then work for welfare.

if the mind is allowed to get lazy, the body soon follows.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I agree. We are in a whole lot of trouble! Quite possible that could have been avoided if Blacks and I assume that's who you are referring to, were not denied housing, jobs, the right to vote, access to the same schools, use of the same bathrooms and so on. Segregation in the South and the unspoken racism of the North has resulted in a sub culture and now we have to deal with the problem.
            I'm addressing this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              Wow, the narrowmindedMaster speaks again. Do you ever get down from your pulpit and listen to the filth that you write? What does being "homosexual" or "aged" or "unwed mother" have to with anything? There are plenty of wealthy and hardworking people that are homosexual, unwed mothers and "aged". Why not just throw some racial descriptions in there too?
              No offense intended. But those groups are the ones that are supported by the welfare state. Some of those groups are on welfare because of decisions that that they either made or failed to make in their lives. For others, they are there because society made a decision to lend a helping hand. Either way, it is you and I my friend that supporting the system. Do we support all of the aged? No, only those that did not make provision for their care. Do we support all unwed mothers? Again, only those that made an irresponsible choice to have a child that they had no means to support. As for homosexuals, we do indeed support their lifestyle choice in the cost of health insurance and medical care that they can not afford. And if you really think that we don't support illegal aliens than you need to do a bit more research. I for one have had about enough. However, if you are happy with working your *** off while others use and abuse the system than by all means, keep on keeping on.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, yes, one more thing for Service Guy. You need to cool off a bit. Here's one from Pres. Obama for ya
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  No offense intended. But those groups are the ones that are supported by the welfare state. Some of those groups are on welfare because of decisions that that they either made or failed to make in their lives. For others, they are there because society made a decision to lend a helping hand. Either way, it is you and I my friend that supporting the system. Do we support all of the aged? No, only those that did not make provision for their care. Do we support all unwed mothers? Again, only those that made an irresponsible choice to have a child that they had no means to support. As for homosexuals, we do indeed support their lifestyle choice in the cost of health insurance and medical care that they can not afford. And if you really think that we don't support illegal aliens than you need to do a bit more research. I for one have had about enough. However, if you are happy with working your *** off while others use and abuse the system than by all means, keep on keeping on.
                  No offense, but the largest group on welfare are "White" Americans. Society, choose to support generations of poor Blacks rather than afford them equal job opportunities, housing and education, if you disagree with this then you deny our history! Regarding Homosexuals, I'm willing to bet most of them earn more than you. What exactly about their lifestyle is a burden to our society more so than us straight married folks who divorce more than stay married, clog the courts with our problems and ruin our children's lives? I'd like to see big changes instead of our "keep'in on", let's start with marriage contracts that are legally binding. You cheat, you pay for it, you contract a sexually transmitted disease, you pay for it, you abuse your spouse or children, that's right... Let's stop supporting communist china and the rest of the third world, bring back ALL the jobs and employ Americans! No cheats on welfare, or disability. Americans who are ignorant to the real history of our country must be educated or else they get fined. Freedom of Speech must be backed by fact. I'm shaking my head after more than fifty years of racism, prejudice, segregation and other disgusting behavior by my fellow Americans who spew "Freedom and Justice For All", out of one side of their mouth and hatred and ignorance out of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    I agree. We are in a whole lot of trouble! Quite possible that could have been avoided if Blacks and I assume that's who you are referring to, were not denied housing, jobs, the right to vote, access to the same schools, use of the same bathrooms and so on. Segregation in the South and the unspoken racism of the North has resulted in a sub culture and now we have to deal with the problem.
                    dang man I'm talking about a very popular term that even a 43 year old like myself has heard way to often. The culture is the American culture. I guess I would say more the American pop culture. I wasn't thinking of color. If the pop culture has made themselves a sub culture. then it is there fault.

Besides all that what does all that other stuff have to do with having kids out of wedlock by multiple men?

Comment

Its a shame that not everyone can be a perfect straight, conservative, married, able bodied, white Christian American.

After Katrina, for the first time in my life I had to go on public assistance. When I needed help I accepted it. While standing in line at the temporary disaster assistance center to get food stamps and other assistance, I overheard two cops talking who were no doubt Hannity, Rush and Bush fanatics. One said to the other "Wonder what these people are gonna do when the gravy train ends". I wanted to yell at him but I just stood there and held my tongue while they spouted their hatred. As if we wanted to be there. As if we could just go back and go to the local home depot and just fix everything up. EVERYTHING WAS GONE. We were stuck and needed help. Every race, every religion, every political philosophy, every sexual preference, etc.

Of course I started my business and worked my way off assistance. There are too many people abusing the system. Staying on assistance for a lifetime. There should be tighter restrictions for able bodied people. Forced schooling and work requirements so people can get off of assistance.

What the heck does being homosexual, unwed, aged have to do with this discussion?

"As for homosexuals, we do indeed support their lifestyle choice in the cost of health insurance and medical care that they can not afford."

So homosexuality is a choice? I dont know about you but there has never been a time in my life when I had to decide whether I was going to choose men or women. Ive always been attracted to women.

And why would homosexuals choose to get beat up in high school, denied rights as adults (The family of a dieing man can legally refuse to allow his boyfriend of any amount of years to see him), considered second class citizens (people holding up "God Hates Fags" signs), or be killed (Matthew Sheppard). Wouldnt the easier choice be to go straight.

And how does what they do in the bedroom have anything to do with their ability to support themselves. It doesnt.

Since the majority of the population of the U.S. is white, christian, and straight then I would not be surprised to find out that they are also the largest groups getting public assistance.

Comment

I got to stop punishing myself by reading these types of discussions.

Comment

And... if you did a bit of research, you would find that they are not. Nice rant though. Typically missing the entire point as usual and about what I expect from knee jerk liberals who never seem to be able to get the point of anything without turning the discussion around to support their leftist views. So because some of us simply acknowledge the facts and statistics, you want to label us as racist and prejudiced. I like to formulate my opinions based on as many facts as I can possibly get, from both sides of the aisle, while you and others like you would prefer to hurl insults based on ignorance. Just for the record, my ex wife is black as are tow of my children. My current wifes sister is a lesbian. These are all people I love with all my heart and none of whom are on welfare.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just for the record, my ex wife is black as are tow of my children. My current wifes sister is a lesbian. These are all people I love with all my heart and none of whom are on welfare.
                            Then I'd love to hear their opinion of this question.

How much longer can the working class be expected to support entire sections of society including the illegal aliens, unwed mothers, mentally disabled, physically disabled, aged, drug abusers, alchoholics, grossly obese, homo-sexual, and just plain lazy.

Comment

No, actually you wouldn't like to hear their opinion because it would not be what you expect to hear because it is YOU that carries the prejudice. You assume that all blacks and minorities are all just as leftist as you are. I can guarantee that if their opinions didn't match your own then they would be dismissed as irrelevant in your eyes.

Drink the Kool Aid
                              sigpic

Comment

And... if you did a bit of research, you would find that they are not. Nice rant though. Typically missing the entire point as usual and about what I expect from knee jerk liberals who never seem to be able to get the point of anything without turning the discussion around to support their leftist views. So because some of us simply acknowledge the facts and statistics, you want to label us as racist and prejudiced. I like to formulate my opinions based on as many facts as I can possibly get, from both sides of the aisle, while you and others like you would prefer to hurl insults based on ignorance. Just for the record, my ex wife is black as are tow of my children. My current wifes sister is a lesbian. These are all people I love with all my heart and none of whom are on welfare.
                                Unless you acknowledge the history which lead to some of these statistics and situations you remain ingorant of all the facts. Homosexuals do not burden our society more than straight folks who get married with no capacity to remain faithful. Homosexuals do not transmitt disease any more than straight folks who do not practice safe sex and have multiple partners. Your excuse for giving a plausable argument is to label those who disagree with you as "liberal". There are plenty of White men and women who have sexual relations with members of other races, but who are still racist in their views. When you make blanket statements and include people based on their sexual preference, skin color, religious beliefs and so forth you dismiss everything else that makes them who they are. The statistics remain about who enjoys more welfare benefits. The truth remains as to why certain groups have not done well in our land of the free. You are typical of someone who is supposed to be well educated but chooses to use selected parts of what you have learned and ignore the rest. You know about the ugly way some Americans were and still are treated. Bury your head to the truth and insist they're just lazy! I'd like to see how far you would have gotten with your ex-Black wife, had you lived in the South of the 60's. Not that long ago. Why don't you use that brilliant mind and strength to argue the wrong done by crooked CEO's and wallstreet types who have cost hard working folks their future? Can't insult Gays, old people and single moms? Like I said earlier, for every single mom their is a single dad shirking his responsibility. You forgot to mention them, selective memory? Keep trying, and please give up the conservative vs liberal excuse it's weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X