X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i'm shaking my head again.........................

Frankie, I didn't mention all of those folks because they were not what the discussion is about. Sure, there are plenty of folks from all races, religions and creeds that are not on welfare and are in fact contributing to the system every day. I think (have to go back and check ) that I also included the just plain lazy in my original post and that surely includes plenty of whites both men and women. In fact, where I live in the NE, probably 90% of those on welfare are white. However, for whatever socio-economic reasons the fact remains that the gap between those contributing and those taking is rapidly closing in. It may indeed seem that I am picking on particular groups to put the blame on. However, statistics do lead to conclusions. If you want to head off on a tangent and discuss the reasons and the shortcomings of past generations in regards to ethical and equal treatment of minorities we could certainly fill a few pages, but that's another whole can of worms. Like so many problems in this nation, the problem has become too big to treat the symptom. In fact, the problem has grown to big to solve at all. If things persist as they are currently, there will be a revolution. First by the have's as they are taxed to the point that they can no longer support the welfare system and then by the have not's who will revolt when that is the only course of action left for them to aquire basic needs. For too long now the government (us) has relied on the upper and middle class to plug the hole in the dyke while totally ignoring the crumbling foundation beneath.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Frankie, I didn't mention all of those folks because they were not what the discussion is about. Sure, there are plenty of folks from all races, religions and creeds that are not on welfare and are in fact contributing to the system every day. I think (have to go back and check ) that I also included the just plain lazy in my original post and that surely includes plenty of whites both men and women. In fact, where I live in the NE, probably 90% of those on welfare are white. However, for whatever socio-economic reasons the fact remains that the gap between those contributing and those taking is rapidly closing in. It may indeed seem that I am picking on particular groups to put the blame on. However, statistics do lead to conclusions. If you want to head off on a tangent and discuss the reasons and the shortcomings of past generations in regards to ethical and equal treatment of minorities we could certainly fill a few pages, but that's another whole can of worms. Like so many problems in this nation, the problem has become too big to treat the symptom. In fact, the problem has grown to big to solve at all. If things persist as they are currently, there will be a revolution. First by the have's as they are taxed to the point that they can no longer support the welfare system and then by the have not's who will revolt when that is the only course of action left for them to aquire basic needs. For too long now the government (us) has relied on the upper and middle class to plug the hole in the dyke while totally ignoring the crumbling foundation beneath.
      NHM, if the have's have not revolted by now, we(they) won't! We've been paying for the lazy and cheats for years and now we are paying for the thieves on wallstreet. Now we paying to bailout all these businesses that have been mismanaged. We are paying communist china for substandard goods and supporting all these third world countries while Americans stay unemployed. NHM, the revolt is long overdue and don't hold your breath waitng for it to happen. How about our neighbors to the south in mexico? Have we revolted while twenty million plus illegals took up residence? Let's face it we have been preoccupied for years with nonsense, the Superbowl, the OJ trial and every other stupid distraction. America is gone, it exists in books, it is in debt to a communist country. We spend our time insulting and arguing with eachother while our wealth keeps dwindling and our economy grows closer to the point of no return. Some here will laugh at my comments but I am certain without real meaningful jobs and a drastic change in direction we will suffer a depression. Without insulting specific groups as you did we can almost all agree things need to change, but where are the priorities? What is more important to do first, rescue the big three, bailout the failed banking institutions, go after the cheats? We are in serious trouble, not the chicken little sky is falling kind, but the real thing.
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

In your camp indeed. Thing is, that balance between have's and have not's was always pretty wide. Only a marginal few percent of have nots. Now that percent is getting larger and larger.

Interesting fact though. As our economy tanks, illegal aliens are beginning to head on back south.
        sigpic

Comment

In your camp indeed. Thing is, that balance between have's and have not's was always pretty wide. Only a marginal few percent of have nots. Now that percent is getting larger and larger.

Interesting fact though. As our economy tanks, illegal aliens are beginning to head on back south.
          Yes, and Americans are heading to tent cities! A global economy does not work for the USA. The trade deficit is proof that we depend on the rest of the world for our needs and they are bleeding us of our weath. Let the illegals go back, employ Americans and do away with the need for tent cities!

Comment

How much longer can the working class be expected to support entire sections of society including the illegal aliens, unwed mothers, mentally disabled, physically disabled, aged, drug abusers, alchoholics, grossly obese, homo-sexual, and just plain lazy.

Maybe I've drank too much Kool Aid but I seriously doubt that your homosexual sister in law would appreciate being lumped into the same category as illegal aliens, mentally disabled, drug abusers, alcoholics, grossly obese, and just plain lazy as drags on society.

Why didnt white people make your list since they are the majority on assistance?

...and I'm pre-judging?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Yes, and Americans are heading to tent cities! A global economy does not work for the USA. The trade deficit is proof that we depend on the rest of the world for our needs and they are bleeding us of our weath. Let the illegals go back, employ Americans and do away with the need for tent cities!
              What would we do without the US I get down on my kness every day and thank God for the US tax payer spending thier hard earned wages on foreign aid helping out we in this world who would rather go fishing than work, so we in OZ don`t have to have large armies or navies protecting our freedoms when we have you and when we can spend our taxes on medicare, first home buyers grants subsidised by you, just how much does it cost to have US fleets roaming the world and how many do you have again. No we arn't bleeding you of your wealth thats already gone you did that yourself over the last twenty years living beyond your means as we have so get used to it hards time are coming as our new masters in Asia will be calling the shots.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                What would we do without the US I get down on my kness every day and thank God for the US tax payer spending thier hard earned wages on foreign aid helping out we in this world who would rather go fishing than work, so we in OZ don`t have to have large armies or navies protecting our freedoms when we have you and when we can spend our taxes on medicare, first home buyers grants subsidised by you, just how much does it cost to have US fleets roaming the world and how many do you have again. No we arn't bleeding you of your wealth thats already gone you did that yourself over the last twenty years living beyond your means as we have so get used to it hards time are coming as our new masters in Asia will be calling the shots.

Tony
                Tony I don't think you are trying to be scarcastic and your words are sobering. Complicated issues with the USA maintaining a powerful military to prevent a repeat of WWII. Sure cost plenty of money to "Protect" the world. What you said about asia is true but only because we let it happen, our fault again. While other countries enforce tarriffs and limit foreign goods, the USA embraced free trade and allowed the largest trade deficit in hisorty to amass. I wouldn't call it free trade or a level playing field when it is so one sided but our legislators once again were asleep at the wheel. Now we have iran ramping up their nuclear power and north korea threatening nuclear war, would the world be safer without the military might of the USA? I don't think so. Our future is uncertain, wheter it rests in the hands of foreign powers or we self destruct is unknown. Communist china makes most of what we consume and holds our debt, what do you think they will do?

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  Maybe I've drank too much Kool Aid but I seriously doubt that your homosexual sister in law would appreciate being lumped into the same category as illegal aliens, mentally disabled, drug abusers, alcoholics, grossly obese, and just plain lazy as drags on society.

Why didnt white people make your list since they are the majority on assistance?

...and I'm pre-judging?
                  No, you are just not taking time to read my post.
                  sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=NHMaster3015;235388 How much longer can the working class be expected to support entire sections of society including the illegal aliens, unwed mothers, mentally disabled, physically disabled, aged, drug abusers, alchoholics, grossly obese, homo-sexual, and just plain lazy.[/QUOTE]

NHM, I went back to your original post because my memory is not that good and I wanted to be sure. You're an educated man right? Do you really think what you wrote was accurate and worthy of such a person? Could you have used better judgement and wording? Come on, "entire sections of society" and then you include unwed mothers, aged, homosexuals. Not even the entirety of disabled and alcoholics are in need of our assistance. Sorry but this seems very wrong without including race. Please rethink what you have written and have the courage to admit you have mispoken. Most if not all of us are with you in wanting the abuse to stop, regardless of who is doing it.

Comment

Frankie. It does not matter who is on the list. It does not matter whether or not they are or are not deserving of assistance. What matters is that those in need (real or imagined) are becoming a larger and larger percentage of the population in comparison to the ones giving support. Yes, perhaps I could have either been more or less inclusive than I was. The post was not there to denigrate any particular group of people as much as to point out that the system itself is flawed. I find it perplexing that whenever anyone brings the subject up, race and prejudice has to get thrown into the discussion. It's all about the numbers regardless of who is on the end of the stick.
                      sigpic

Comment

Frankie. It does not matter who is on the list. It does not matter whether or not they are or are not deserving of assistance. What matters is that those in need (real or imagined) are becoming a larger and larger percentage of the population in comparison to the ones giving support. Yes, perhaps I could have either been more or less inclusive than I was. The post was not there to denigrate any particular group of people as much as to point out that the system itself is flawed. I find it perplexing that whenever anyone brings the subject up, race and prejudice has to get thrown into the discussion. It's all about the numbers regardless of who is on the end of the stick.
                        If it's all about numbers, then why mention all those groups and give the impression that you are less of a good and smart American? I happen to agree that it should be about numbers and percentages, and honesty. We don't need to mention unwed mothers and if we do then we must mention those who fathered the bastard children! We don't need to mention homosexuals and omit the straight folks who abuse the system, the aged and leave out the young and able bodied. See, it gives a bad impression to single out groups as you did and not include all you left out. You actually side tracked a very timely Thread, and drew attention away from an issue with which most here agree. Yes, stop the cheats, and if those who contribute are unfairly burdened reduce benefits to those who are deserving. I have a question for you and the Forum, what should the priorities be at this time? I say national security, jobs, reassesment of government spending bailouts, stimulus and healthcare, trade deficit.

Comment

Guys, sorry I have been way over worked the last couple of weeks and have not been reading all of the posts. This thread is full of passion which is fine but it is also full of insults. As such it is now closed.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                          X