X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm shaking my head again.........................

i was hoping i wasn't going to hear this, but i finally did.

"i have to be careful how much i work or it will screw up my welfare/social assistance."

i'm thinking to myself, (you just,.....don't,.....get it. do you?)

is it just me or is this part of the problem with this whole reccession thing?

how can a person remain on welfare/social asistance for literally years, and nobody questions it? how can a perferctly able-bodied person get away with that?

i work my can off to support these ones? i've shovelled dog $h!t and washed windows to make money.

sometimes we make it to easy for others to live off the system.

i sure am glad i'm not one of them.

cheers to hard working north americans.

Vince

Re: i'm shaking my head again.........................

I was on food stamps and Medicaid after my van wreck, was on it for a year and half. Once I was able to get back to work and make a buck, I dropped all of it. Granted times are hard and a free hand out is tempting. But I rather eat day old bread, and spam than leach off the system.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Disability plans have been abused by able bodied people for years and it is not fair to those who are legitimately disabled and entitled to assistance. I don't know why there are not more case reviews or spot checks to catch cheats? Lack of manpower or indifference? Maybe if the systme was cleaned up of cheats more attention would be given to how the government dips into social security to pay for things not at all related to helping those entitled to benefits?

Comment

If some people worked as hard at a job as they do at getting free money they would be doing just fine.

Scammers have to work hard to remember what lie they told which agency. Which prescription came from which doctor. What is covered what is not. What fake name did I use and where.

Comment

The only problem is the system makes it too easy. I have an ex brother-in-law who hurt his back falling off a roof as a roofer. Qualified for lifetime disability, SSecurity, etc. Hasn't worked in 15 years. He has a Ski boat, and anytime he can find someone else to drive it for him, he waterskis behind it. If you can slalom ski I seriously doubt that there is nothing you can do to make a living. If he didn't live several hundred miles away, I would get some pictures and mail them to the SS office and or the newspaper where he lives. It would certainly open up some eyes.

Comment

I put a house up for rent. Had a scheduled viewing at 6 p.m.

Between 4-6, I had 3 cars come by just from the signs. All section 8 (government housing), all driving newer SUV's, all cars full of kids.

They were getting $1500/month for housing. At least 2 said they were in the local program for the last 8 years. I asked the age of their kids to tell them about the schools. 9 6,5,4,2,1 Seems like they celebrate their anniversary of being in the program by having another kid. I got a call later from another woman who could only do $1150/month. Silly woman only had 2 kids. They reward your inability to provide for yourself and then creating more mouths to feed that you can't afford by giving you more benefits. And with them saying 8+ years, there's obviously no time limit.

So someone who likely never will contribute anything to society but need gets $18K a year to keep a roof over their head...and that doesn't include welfare, food stamps, other "entitlements".

Why is it so hot and why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

"Section 8"that word brings on one of those whole body shivers for me thats the only type of job that makes me nervous, but you see some people that need assistance when you do jobs in housing developments then you go into a unit that has two comuters video games everywhere and wonder whats keeping this deadbeat from working.
              "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

Comment

The gubbament is more massive than it's ever been.

You better hold on because we're printing money, lots of it.

The recent trigger shot...that bullet has to drop somewhere.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Hate to go all political again but the problem lies in that the balance between those that work and contribute is rapidly being outpaced by those on social welfare and assistance programs. Programs that Democrats have been supporting and pushing for decades now. When we finally reach the point where there are more recipients than donors the whole system will come to a crashing halt. How much longer can the working class be expected to support entire sections of society including the illegal aliens, unwed mothers, mentally disabled, physically disabled, aged, drug abusers, alchoholics, grossly obese, homo-sexual, and just plain lazy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Where do I buy my ticket for the Gravy Train?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      Hate to go all political again but the problem lies in that the balance between those that work and contribute is rapidly being outpaced by those on social welfare and assistance programs. Programs that Democrats have been supporting and pushing for decades now. When we finally reach the point where there are more recipients than donors the whole system will come to a crashing halt. How much longer can the working class be expected to support entire sections of society including the illegal aliens, unwed mothers, mentally disabled, physically disabled, aged, drug abusers, alchoholics, grossly obese, homo-sexual, and just plain lazy.
                      Our whole society is shot to hell, both parties refusing to secure our borders and have Americans produce what Americans consume! I was with you on your rant until you mentioned "Homosexuals", I don't know any but how are we supporting them? Don't they work just like straight folks and pedophiles? What does sexual preference have to do with bilking the system? Personally as part of a dying breed, that being a long time straight married man, I think I'm "Entitled" to some kind of public assistance or reward!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Wow, the narrowmindedMaster speaks again. Do you ever get down from your pulpit and listen to the filth that you write? What does being "homosexual" or "aged" or "unwed mother" have to with anything? There are plenty of wealthy and hardworking people that are homosexual, unwed mothers and "aged". Why not just throw some racial descriptions in there too?
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          Wow, the narrowmindedMaster speaks again. Do you ever get down from your pulpit and listen to the filth that you write? What does being "homosexual" or "aged" or "unwed mother" have to with anything? There are plenty of wealthy and hardworking people that are homosexual, unwed mothers and "aged". Why not just throw some racial descriptions in there too?
                          Unfortunately there are many people who think like that. The flip side of the folks who do get assistance and don't need it are they wealthy who have benefitted from republican based legislation. Unwed mothers are the result of unwilling unwed fathers and unprotected sex by both participants. People are living longer thanks to medical intervention, so to remedy that problem we need to euthanize folks when they reach a certain age and can't provide for themselves. I think although not mentioned the racial factor was definitely in the mix! Why can't we work togethter? Instead of bailouts and stimulus, our government should be concentrating on an effort to have Americans produce what we consume, build factories, employ Americans and stop supporting communist china and the rest of the world!!!!! Then you can grab the cheats and put them to work. Flat tax with no exceptions!

Comment

I think any society that has a term like "my baby daddy" might be in a bit of trouble

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                              I think any society that has a term like "my baby daddy" might be in a bit of trouble
                              I agree. We are in a whole lot of trouble! Quite possible that could have been avoided if Blacks and I assume that's who you are referring to, were not denied housing, jobs, the right to vote, access to the same schools, use of the same bathrooms and so on. Segregation in the South and the unspoken racism of the North has resulted in a sub culture and now we have to deal with the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X