Saving $$$ at McDonald's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving $$$ at McDonald's

Maybe there's something I don't get, but why pay $3.49 for a Quarter Pounder with cheese when I can get their Double Cheese Burger for only $1.19? Both prices are just for the sandwich and are not combos. From having in the past had both, I really think the Quarter Pounder and Quarter Pounder with cheese are rip-off priced. Please remember that the Double Cheese Burger has two thinner beef patties and both have the usual glop on them. The only real difference I can see is the bun, but so what. I can sure live without the fancy little seeds.

Armed with the above info, I think it pays to check the $$$ saver menu and see what you can save. We all know their food is *&^%$ and loaded with salt and fat. If we are going to eat there, way pay extra for a big bunch of nothing?

By the way at the McDonald's near me, I can buy 2 apple pies for only a tiny bit more than one. I can take the extra one with me for later.

One thing I will never do again is order their SWEET TEA. It's just loads of corn syrup and sugar with very little tea. = BARF TIME

Oh yes, Us howling hounds will be better off eating Hush Hound rather than fast food, but every now and then we like something different.

Info on Double Cheeseburger: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutri...mDetailInfo.do

Info on Quarter Pounder w/cheese: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutri...mDetailInfo.do
    Last edited by Woussko; 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM.

Re: Saving $$$ at McDonald's

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    Maybe there's something I don't get, but why pay $3.49 for a Quarter Pounder with cheese when I can get their Double Cheese Burger for only $1.19? Both prices are just for the sandwich and are not combos. From having in the past had both, I really think the Quarter Pounder and Quarter Pounder with cheese are rip-off priced. Please remember that the Double Cheese Burger has two thinner beef patties and both have the usual glop on them. The only real difference I can see is the bun, but so what. I can sure live without the fancy little seeds.

Armed with the above info, I think it pays to check the $$$ saver menu and see what you can save. We all know their food is *&^%$ and loaded with salt and fat. If we are going to eat there, way pay extra for a big bunch of nothing?

By the way at the McDonald's near me, I can buy 2 apple pies for only a tiny bit more than one. I can take the extra one with me for later.

One thing I will never do again is order their SWEET TEA. It's just loads of corn syrup and sugar with very little tea. BARF TIME

Oh yes, Us howling hounds will be better off eating Hush Hound rather than fast food, but every now and then we like something different.
    Now you're thinking like J.C. & CPW. (Calling you out Charles as you've been too quiet for awhile.)

Get some extra ketchup packs & napkins.

J.C.

Comment

Please note that Woussko the howling hound, prefers a nice baked potato from Wendy's over french fries from anywhere. Now if you happen to have a Tater Hut nearby, there's the place for some good wild styles of potatoes. They also have home fries and loaded backed potatoes that are second to NONE. Ummm Ummm Goooooooooood

It's too bad that the only thing they have besides taters is Canada Dry ginger ale or tap water.
      Last edited by Woussko; 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Get some extra ketchup packs & napkins.
        I always get the extra napkins for my office. Don't get extra ketchup though, but do like extra sweet & sour sauce for the nuggets. Goes great with the fries too.

Been very busy, so am very quiet.

My favorite fast food is a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

Comment

I had a buddy in college who would buy one 99 cent sandwich and make up the rest of his calories in ketchup and mayonnaise. 99 cent meal

Comment

Oxymoron= saving money by spending it.

Same as borrowing money to get out of debt.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
              Oxymoron= saving money by spending it.

Same as borrowing money to get out of debt.
              I'm gonna disagree here. You save more money buy brown bagging it, but that doesn't always work out. Given that you need to eat, and you are going to spend some money on it, you might as well get as much value for your money as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                I'm gonna disagree here. You save more money buy brown bagging it, but that doesn't always work out. Given that you need to eat, and you are going to spend some money on it, you might as well get as much value for your money as you can.
                Ghandi could go weeks without food.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                  Ghandi could go weeks without food.
                  Assuming you can afford to go to McDonalds (or wherever), starving yourself to save a couple of bucks is stupid cheap.

Comment

not if you are fat like me!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                      not if you are fat like me!!!!
                      If you're bypassing McDonald's because you don't want to gain weight, it is different than doing it because you would rather have $3.

Comment

i figure i've saved thousands by not eating at a McDonalds since roughly 1983.

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Hush Hound in big 50# bags is cheaper for sure, but the same stuff for every meal? Woussko says NO WAY It needs lots of water to wash it down, but then tap water by the bowl isn't much in the way of $$$.

Comment

my fast food is dependant on who has a 9' high drive thru

rick.
                            Attached Files
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Any alleged savings at McDonalds should be recalculated by considering the cost of anti-cholesterol drugs, the cost of treating arterial diseases, obesity, liver diseases, possible diabetes and other costs associated with poisoning your body and paying for it.

How about some real food

Now that I've warned you all I feel I earned a cigarette. I'll go for a smoke now.
                              In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                              X