Child Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Child Support

Consider five of my six kids are married and the sixth is still looking for Mr. Right. The newlyweds have been married nine years and the oldest couple has been married sixteen years. I won't say none of them have ever had a fight but I will say they are all happily married. The trick to a good marriage is knowing when to say you are sorry regardless of whose fault it is. I hope some of what Brenda and I have done has affected our kids.

One of my younger brothers got a divorce when his kids were very young. Today neither of them understand why they got a divorce but I suspect the marriage counselor pushed them to it. My brother has never remarried because he still loves his ex. His ex remarried and married a guy just like my brother right down to his name. The important part is they made sure the kids came first and now my nephew is a doctor and my niece is an accountant and they are both happily married.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Double click the url below, embedded version won't play here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkqOf94mr-w

The traditional family, with exception of a few...have lost the true meaning of family.

I work for all types and the married seem to be the most unhappy.

Figure that out and who becomes the sounding board of that disappointment. (children)

What feels good today probably won't feel good 12 years from now, maybe 24...

2/3rds ends in divorce in just a 19 year span

of the remaining 1/3, 2/3rds struggle to make it 10 years.

Tell me why I'm wrong for being observant of this. It gauges my every move these days because I'm more calculated than that.

Prepare, prepare, prepare.

The generation that speaks of their years of duty? The traditional NOW values have drastically changed with men and women.

So don't expect the minority to have a voice when I work for so many that it's just plain evident that there's remorse/regret...disappointment.

Humans are slowly becoming unreliable in emotion, in the long term of relationships.

Blame it on the white man, he did it. He made the rules we are all governed by.
      Observant, correct and ultimately sad. I believed in lasting marriage and love but it's almost impossible. I don't know what the alternative is, but marriage does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        See that is where you are wrong, you have to be special to make a marriage work. So does your wife so you need to choose carefully and not just settle. I could not imagine being without my best friend and wife.

Mark
        Mark, you and your wife are blessed and lucky. The statistics prove that marriage on a whole is flawed and failed. Men and women are too different, our physical, emotional and sexual desires and needs are so different that we may be in sync for a while but to last a lifetime is rare. I wish you and your loved ones successful marriages but I have seen too many fail to keep my faith. I personally am depressed and heartbroken at how my marriage has evolved. There has got to be a better alternative or at the very least better preparation. I can't see how marriage will survive as the children of divorce mature, I doubt they will risk the same outcome as their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Consider five of my six kids are married and the sixth is still looking for Mr. Right. The newlyweds have been married nine years and the oldest couple has been married sixteen years. I won't say none of them have ever had a fight but I will say they are all happily married. The trick to a good marriage is knowing when to say you are sorry regardless of whose fault it is. I hope some of what Brenda and I have done has affected our kids.

One of my younger brothers got a divorce when his kids were very young. Today neither of them understand why they got a divorce but I suspect the marriage counselor pushed them to it. My brother has never remarried because he still loves his ex. His ex remarried and married a guy just like my brother right down to his name. The important part is they made sure the kids came first and now my nephew is a doctor and my niece is an accountant and they are both happily married.

Mark

And guess how much fun you had creating a busload of kids

Your age has everything to do with it, the culture back then was ideal for the family value.

That somehow got ran off the road and hit a telephone pole.

By default, there will be those who marry and will go the distance. I hope they are happy in their lives as I would hope there is more than just a statistic of black and white.

But the dating scene I dabble with here and there...it is what it is. It doesn't matter who I attempt to date, what income bracket, what social or economic background, culture or religion...it doesn't matter.

I wil say that I'm inclined to marry a woman someday that came from a huge family. I think that would be pretty cool. I came from a small family so the desire to make 545 kids is there...just want someone that is there for more than the day trading and the short sales.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

People just need to wait until they are mature adults to get married. For some of us that was mid to late thirties.
            Last I heard that people who get married for the first time after age 28 have a much better success rate than those who started earlier. You guys like numbers.

Here are some statistics on living together before marriage from Michael McManus, the president of Marriage Savers. Statistically speaking, living together is not a trial of marriage, but rather a training for divorce.
            • The number of unmarried couples living together soared 12-fold from 430,000 in 1960 to 5.4 million in 2005.
            • More than eight out of ten couples who live together will break up either before the wedding or afterwards in divorce.
            • About 45 percent of those who begin cohabiting, do not marry. Another 5-10 percent continue living together and do not marry.
            • Couples who do marry after living together are 50% more likely to divorce than those who did not.
            • Only 12 percent of couples who have begun their relationship with cohabitation end up with a marriage lasting 10 years or more.
            • A Penn State study reports that even a month’s cohabitation decreases the quality of the couple’s relationship.
            Maybe stop living together before marriage.
            Last edited by EasyEman; 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: info

Comment

The second part of the horror of failed marriage and divorce is the dating afterwards. I occassionally check the singles in my age group and up to ten years younger to see what these women are like and what they are looking for in a man. Just about all the women mid forties and up have children living at home and are looking for a tall, fit , handsome man who likes to travel, dance, doesn't smoke, drink and makes over $150,000. Ladies, those men are looking to be with single women in their income bracket, not older women with children.

Comment

Oh that's just cold Frankie all those bubbles burst.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  Oh that's just cold Frankie all those bubbles burst.
                  I'm just relaying what I've read. You would think that after a failed marriage these women would be looking for a decent guy to treat them right, but they are still going for looks and money. I'm pretty sure very few of them ever find happiness, they just grow old and bitter. I am a hopeless romantic.

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes and support guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

Awe damn your getting divorced too?

SOn of a .......
                      Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 06-17-2009, 09:04 PM.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Are you serious? Very sorry.

Comment

It has been said women marry for security while men marry for looks, what ever happened to marrying for love?

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I agree 110% Mark!

Comment

You were just going to do what we all did. . . . . . ignore the warnings and marry her anyway

Besides, if she stuck around after you tried to asphyxiate her in the garage she isn't going anywhere!
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                                You were just going to do what we all did. . . . . . ignore the warnings and marry her anyway

Besides, if she stuck around after you tried to asphyxiate her in the garage she isn't going anywhere!
                                Comparing notes. Watch your back Rick.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X