X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Child Support

Damn. don't be going all david carrigan on us.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Damn. don't be going all david carrigan on us.
      Who's this?

J.C.

Comment

lol I though about you today Joey when Ali was helping me thread some pipe with the 700!! SCARY how a plumber's wife has more work to do at home than say a bankers!

Comment

Asphyxiation in the garage, dangerous tool use....

This thread just became evidence.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Who's this?

J.C.

KUNG FU MAN

Found in a Thai hotel room hanging in a closet. asphyxiation, auto-erotica.

Comment

KUNG FU MAN

Gotcha'. David Carradine.

J.C.

Comment

Your age has everything to do with it, the culture back then was ideal for the family value.
                I'm 27, so I guess I'm just too young for the statistics to take hold, but none of my married friends my age are divorced yet (~4-8 years for most of us). I've been married for five years now, and it gets harder after the kids; because there is no "me" time, but it is also more rewarding seeing them grow. The second kid seems to be even harder than the first in that respect, but it is very cool seeing them play together now.

Comment

KUNG FU MAN

I just hope when I'm 73 that I'm not tying stuff up on myself.

And that I have someone significant in my life to make sure I don't grow a gray ponytail.

J.C.

Comment

Gotcha'. David Carradine.

J.C.

Ahh, I've had Nancy on my mind lately.

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    I'm 27, so I guess I'm just too young for the statistics to take hold, but none of my married friends my age are divorced yet (~4-8 years for most of us). I've been married for five years now, and it gets harder after the kids; because there is no "me" time, but it is also more rewarding seeing them grow. The second kid seems to be even harder than the first in that respect, but it is very cool seeing them play together now.

I hope you can make it man! It's good you have a network of married friends that are sticking it out...but remember the stats make no one oblivious to the reality. You'll see this as you age. Life, stress, paranormal activity in the backyard makes it all go down the tubes if there isn't sustenance to keep it all together.

Now me and my dog? We be tight. I might have to throw stuff at him and make him mind me but I've had him going on 15 years, he's happy to see me if I've been gone just 15 minutes.

And that I have someone significant in my life to make sure I don't grow a gray ponytail.

J.C.

Yeah...and if you do...don't die and let the whole freaking world know you was looking for extra-curricular activity. It don't look good at all.

Comment

J.C.
                      Then you should try stopping now
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        J.C. Buddy you set yourself up...... Too funny Joey!

Comment

Garager ... sucks to be us, trust me I know.
                          My percentage is not as drastic as yours but between X and the other guy they make over twice what I do. I don't pay her support (thank you lawyer). Thing that bugs me most is the kids don't get the money, she does and not much goes to them. Truth is what I pay would easily totally support them with zero contribution from her.
                          Not sure if this works in Minnesota or what other tax implications there are but basically you need to incorporate. Your truck, house, tools, expenses are all part of the business and you pay yourself minimum wage. I am not suggesting you do this to let your kids starve but sound like in your position you will starve and not be able to afford to work so the kids will ultimately loose. When you are on your feet there is nothing that says you can't pay a bit more than what the law requires.

In regards to the prenup comment - in this country a prenup has no effect on child support. Even if the kid is hers from a previous marriage, if you have been the father figure you pay. If she is a millionaire - you pay based on your salary. My favorite part is the amount you pay is not tax deductible and she does not have to claim it as income.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

No wait.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
                              My favorite part is the amount you pay is not tax deductible and she does not have to claim it as income.
                              I know a guy who had his lawyer negotiate alimony instead of child support because of that.

Comment

so i had just moved to montreal a number of years ago.

i had just quit my job as the fire chief for rankin inlet.

i moved to montreal to get a better job.

my first employment insurance cheque comes in the mail. one whole dollar.

i called up the number on the back of the receipt and gave the lady my social insurance number. she say's, "okay, what is the problem?" i said my $1.00 cheque is the problem. "but you own child support". i tell the lady that i understand that but this is a cheque for a dollar. i also explained that this would only get my 4 phone calls to look for a job.

here's the kicker. i asked her why they even bothered to give me the $1.00? why didn't they just take the whole thing? her reply, "well sir, we can't take everything"

please don't get me wrong. i know i have an obligation to meet. i help make the babies, i have to help raise them. but somewhere along the line things got all twisted up.

Vince

incidently, i was paying faithfully. i missed one payment because i was waiting for the EI to kick-in.

i understand that the rules have changed since my experience.

in all of my previous relationships it was doomed from the start. it was my fault although i didn't know it at the time. abusive parents make (for the most-part), abusive children. i had become my father. i didn't abuse my kids, but i had to control my partner. just like my dad did. what i'm getting at is, there are many, many reasons relationships fail. thankfully it was recognized that i needed help. 2 years of counselling, almost no more issues, good to go for round two in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X