X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Puppy

Mrs. J. you should get a dog and name it Whatever.

Then you could stand outside calling "Whatever! Whatever!"

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      You could always name it Stay.

J.C.
      Stay is not in the training vocabulary because it assumes sit, kennel, down or similar commands were not enough of a command.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        You should name her "Just"
        That would be fun and stick with the "J" theme but not nearly as much fun as "Joey Named Me" which also sticks with the "J" theme.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Stay is not in the training vocabulary because it assumes sit, kennel, down or similar commands were not enough of a command.

Mark
          Unbutton the top button and lose the serious pills.

J.C.

Comment

since the dog is actually a k-9

i vote for k-60

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Mark

That dog looks like he knows the unemployment rates across america.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Unbutton the top button and lose the serious pills.

J.C.
                If you have ever worked or watched a sporting dog it is a little easier to understand the obedience part. When the dog is the only one in a hunting party without a gun it is important for them to understand and obey both hand and whistle signals. The field is the last place you want to be with a dog who is poorly behaved. The dogs enjoy it as well as that is what they have been bred for for centuries. I've never really been into Field Trials or Hunting Tests but I sure enjoy working the dogs.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                  That dog looks like he knows the unemployment rates across america.
                  LOL-She is only 4-weeks old and it is her first day outside. She comes from a private kennel (hobby kennel) in Montana which is 1500 acres, 300 of which are planted for training her dogs. The breeder is a neat lady who is really into proper breeding and makes the buyer go through a pretty tough application before you are approved. One of the dogs from her kennel is the current National Opens Champ which is pretty good for a private breeder.

Mark

Comment

The breeder posted more litter photos on her blog tonight so here is the puppy at 5 1/2" weeks. For those who are wondering, there is a big difference between field bred Springer Spaniels and show bred Springer Spaniels. With the show dogs they bred the hunting out of them to get the looks while with a field bred they keep the hunting in and don't care about looks.

Mark
                    Attached Files

Comment

Joey asked me earlier to post a picture of my son Jon's dog Duke. Here is a picture with Duke and my oldest son Jaysen.

Mark
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-20-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

The breeder is a neat lady who is really into proper breeding and makes the buyer go through a pretty tough application before you are approved. Mark
                        If you were chosen, how tough could it really have been?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

My co worker has a springer spaniel he named "you". It was cute at first but You was not the most obediant little guy, so on jobsites it got a little tiresome hearing "You! Come here! You! Off! You, get in the truck! You! You! You!".

I can't help but think that You and Me would be friends.

That pup is as handsome as they come, Mark.

Eli
                          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Congrats Mark, a new puppy is one of the simplest pleasures in life.. Enjoy

Comment

The breeder posted new pictures of the puppies in her blog today so I thought I would post a picture here. She is 7.5-weeks old in this picture so she has 1.5-weeks left until she is shipped to me.

On another note Jon and his family spent the 4th with Jana's family and Brenda at our Las Vegas house while I was at our place in Marysvale, Utah. Brenda said Duke freaked out with the fireworks so she was nervous he was going to be gun shy (bad thing for a hunting dog to be). On my way up to Utah I had already picked up a throwing buck covered in a pheasant pelt to use with Duke so I figured when they made it up to Utah I would see if Duke really was gun shy.

When Duke showed up I threw the buck for him a few times and he went nuts. He absolutely loved the pheasant and was very soft mouth with it. After he got use to it I pulled out a 22 pistol and had Jon throw the buck. Just before the buck started to come back down I fired the pistol and Duck associated the buck falling with the pistol firing. The gun shots did not bother Duke at all and if anything I had to remind him he was on sit as he wanted the gun shot to be his release.

Boy this is really getting to be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to working the two of them together.

Mark
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 07-06-2009, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Great looking puppy. Reading this post made me miss my dog Rusty. He was a half Alaskan Malamute, half wolf. Was an great dog. Here is a picture of him when he was 11 months old. He did get bigger. Oh and yea the dork laying on the poor dog was me.

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                                X