Happy Father's Day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Father's Day!

Wheter you're a Dad or not, enjoy the day and take a moment to think about all the times your Dad was there for you. Maybe he wasn't perfect, or maybe he was the greatest. The fact that you are here is all that matters. I was very lucky, and although he is gone I have a full memory of kindness and love . Have a good day.

Re: Happy Father's Day!

Let me tell you about my fathers day. So my son who just turned two on the 13th woke up and ran into my room where my wife and I where sleeping at 6 in the morning. We normally will put him back to bed but I wanted to snuggle with my little buddy. So I laid him down between my wife and I when I woke up 20 minutes later to him knocking on my head I decided it was hopeless.
    Later that morning I was getting him dressed I told him that we where going to put his shirt on and then he started screaming and grabbing his neck and I didn't even touch him yet. I was confused as to what happened. He was grabbing his neck so at first I thought he might have sore throat but he would only move his head to the left. So I picked him up and held him to try and get him to calm down. Every time he moved he started crying. This didn't make any sense . What happened to him. Did I do something to hurt him? So my wife called the on call doctor at our regular doctors office they said to take him to the emergency room. So we went and got in right away. They gave him a sedative to help calm him down so they could evaluate him.

This whole time I am freaking out not knowing what is going on my son.

They tested him for several things that can cause a stiff neck and they where negative (Thank God) they doctors said he had basically a Charley hoarse in his neck. So five hours at the hospital, forty five minutes travel time, a half hour at the pharmacy and when I got home .
    That was the best fathers day I have every had even though it was only my second as a father. My son is ok , though it was tough to see him in pain, he is back to his young self today. Knowing my son will be ok is the best fathers day gift I could have received!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
      Let me tell you about my fathers day. So my son who just turned two on the 13th woke up and ran into my room where my wife and I where sleeping at 6 in the morning. We normally will put him back to bed but I wanted to snuggle with my little buddy. So I laid him down between my wife and I when I woke up 20 minutes later to him knocking on my head I decided it was hopeless.
      Later that morning I was getting him dressed I told him that we where going to put his shirt on and then he started screaming and grabbing his neck and I didn't even touch him yet. I was confused as to what happened. He was grabbing his neck so at first I thought he might have sore throat but he would only move his head to the left. So I picked him up and held him to try and get him to calm down. Every time he moved he started crying. This didn't make any sense . What happened to him. Did I do something to hurt him? So my wife called the on call doctor at our regular doctors office they said to take him to the emergency room. So we went and got in right away. They gave him a sedative to help calm him down so they could evaluate him.

This whole time I am freaking out not knowing what is going on my son.

They tested him for several things that can cause a stiff neck and they where negative (Thank God) they doctors said he had basically a Charley hoarse in his neck. So five hours at the hospital, forty five minutes travel time, a half hour at the pharmacy and when I got home .
      That was the best fathers day I have every had even though it was only my second as a father. My son is ok , though it was tough to see him in pain, he is back to his young self today. Knowing my son will be ok is the best fathers day gift I could have received!
      Good story with a happy ending, stay strong and enjoy the moments they pass too fast. Have a great life.

Comment

yesterday was a little difficult for me on a couple of fronts.

some of you know that i haven't had the best relationship with my Dad.

for those of you that are in the same same boat, this one's for you.

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
          yesterday was a little difficult for me on a couple of fronts.

some of you know that i haven't had the best relationship with my Dad.

for those of you that are in the same same boat, this one's for you.

Vince
          Vince, I worked with a man who had a very abusive Dad. His father beat him and forced him to fight since he was a little boy. This man grew up full of hate and very dangerous, hurt a lot of people along the way. He finally got some professional help and was able to let go of his past. I don't know exactly how he did it, we lost touch years ago, but he did say he was finally at peace. There's no excusing what some parents do to their children, drugs, alcohol and their own messed up past may explain it but that doesn't help the kids much.

Comment

Working...
          X