Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Big Crash Is Coming Soon

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    It turns around when we all decide we need to control our spending and be responsible for ourselves. This is absolutely the wrong time for this Administration to try and push through all of these social programs regardless of their merit. We need to allow business which are failing to fail. There is a process which must happen to a failing business and all we are doing now is redistributing funds and ownership at the cost of the taxpayers. Special interest is running rampant and there is no way to stop it in a single party government.

Mark
    I have to agree with you here Mark. Party politics aside, the government is interfering FAR TOO MUCH with the supposedly "free" market lately. It seems that the LESS they interfere with these failing businesses, the better off we would be. The taxpayers funding failing corporations is utter insanity if you ask me.
    I don't see it as a party issue either. The (R) Bush administration started the ridiculous bailout programs, and then (D) Obama stepped in with full support of this strategy! I am not happy with his decisions regarding bailouts at all. Certainly not the CHANGE we were hoping for. He simply followed in Bush's footsteps with all this bailout funding.
    I may move out of this stinking country if things continue to errode and corporate/federal corruption continues to win the day...of course, I don't no where else to go that is any better either.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
      At the risk of sounding like a jacka$$, if you really want to dig into this mess, you need to turn off fox news, msnbc, cnn, rush, olberman, etc.

None of them have a clue.

Check your partisan political tendencies at the door and start poking around.

This is bigger than dems and reps, libs and cons.

Do yourself a favor and do some research. There is plenty of places to find it, ya just gotta dig a little deeper.

Edit---

These comments aren't pointed directly at anyone here, nor are they meant to be disrespectful to anyone here. I hope they don't come across that way.
      I welcome opposing views and the opportunity to learn. Watching News progams are the easy way to keep informed but there is always that slant depending on which one you are viewing. I take away from some of these posts what I sort of felt regarding our goverment's attempts to fix things. I think what bothers me most is that the effort is misplaced and the pace is so slow that I can't imagine anything but a bad result. Should people like our President and some he has appointed who have little or no business experience be the ones trying to sort out this mess? Wouldn't true financial experts free from political pressure be the ones to give a workable plan for recovery? The best example I can give would be a room full of business experts looking at a few leaking pipes and while they are opening windows for the moisture to evaporate, bringing in wet vacs to suck it up, what they really need is a good plumber to assess the situation and start fixing things the right way! No offense but I'm not suggesting even the best plumber attempt to fix our economy. Someone must know what to do, but it's not the folks in Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        I welcome opposing views and the opportunity to learn. Watching News progams are the easy way to keep informed but there is always that slant depending on which one you are viewing. I take away from some of these posts what I sort of felt regarding our goverment's attempts to fix things. I think what bothers me most is that the effort is misplaced and the pace is so slow that I can't imagine anything but a bad result. Should people like our President and some he has appointed who have little or no business experience be the ones trying to sort out this mess? Wouldn't true financial experts free from political pressure be the ones to give a workable plan for recovery? The best example I can give would be a room full of business experts looking at a few leaking pipes and while they are opening windows for the moisture to evaporate, bringing in wet vacs to suck it up, what they really need is a good plumber to assess the situation and start fixing things the right way! No offense but I'm not suggesting even the best plumber attempt to fix our economy. Someone must know what to do, but it's not the folks in Washington.

I've come to the conclusion you could probably count on one hand the number of people in washington that actually understand what is going on. So no, I don't think our elected officials should be calling the shots on this one.

However, the "true financial experts" are ONE on the reasons we are in this mess.

I guess part of what I was getting at was, we HAVE to figure out a way to get past the propaganda BS of the major political parties. It's dragging us down, and it's a distraction (sometimes I think they want it that way) from what's really going on.

I have to admit, I've done alot of reading on subject of the banking system and how we got where we are. I don't claim to completely understand it (not even close). I've learned a ton, but it's been painful at times. I'll also admit I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist, however....

I ran across this quote form Thomas Jefferson a while back, and it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck:

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”
        - Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury, Albert Gallatin (1802)
        Interesting quote, huh?

Comment

Working...
        X