Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Crash Is Coming Soon

The big crash is coming soon
    From Bloomberg News

June 22 (Bloomberg) -- Executives at U.S. companies are taking advantage of the biggest stock-market rally in 71 years to sell their shares at the fastest pace since credit markets started to seize up two years ago.

Insiders of Standard & Poor’s 500 Index companies were net sellers for 14 straight weeks as the gauge rose 36 percent, data compiled by InsiderScore.com show. Amgen Inc. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Sharer and five other officials sold $8.2 million of stock. Christopher Donahue, the CEO of Federated Investors Inc., and his brother, Chief Financial Officer Thomas Donahue, offered the most in three years.

Sales by CEOs, directors and senior officers have accelerated to the highest level since June 2007, two months before credit markets froze, as the S&P 500 rebounded from its 12-year low in March. The increase is making investors more skittish because executives presumably have the best information about their companies’ prospects.

“If insiders are selling into the rally, that shows they don’t expect their business to be able to support current stock- price levels,” said Joseph Keating, the chief investment officer of Raleigh, North Carolina-based RBC Bank, the unit of Royal Bank of Canada that oversees $33 billion in client assets. “They’re taking advantage of this bounce and selling into it.”

Real Speak Translation: Those in the know are selling fast, while everyone else is buying. We'll be left playing the fool again

or in simpler terms

THE RATS ARE ABANDONING SHIP

Re: The Big Crash Is Coming Soon

Our smoke and mirrors economy is coming to a close, the smoke is clearing and the mirrors are breaking. President Obama is pushing for health care reform which may be necessary and has plenty of attention from both parties and the public, but everyone is ignoring our crumbling economy. In my opinion the number one priority should be real jobs and weaning America off of communist china and the rest of the third world for our consumer goods. How can we possibly be headed for anything but a crash if nothing has changed so far? Still no jobs solution, still no trade deficit solution, still spending massive amounts of money to fund military actions, bailouts and stimulus. A kid in grade school could predict the impending crash!

Comment

But the bail out is gonna save us all.... ain't it?

The best investment is guns and ammo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        That's what all those guys and gals who I didn't vote for keep telling us. It's obvious to me that people should start voting for the candidates that I vote for. Nothing ever seems to change for the good so the wrong people must be winning the elections. Pat Paulson/Andy Rooney ticket in 2012!
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

The best investment is guns and ammo
          President Bush thought bailouts and stimulus would help and he too was wrong. He along with his predicessors refused to secure our borders and allowed over twenty million none taxpaying illegals to take residence and ignore our laws. The mistakes go back more than thrity years and continue still. Communist China, and the third world continue to bleed us of our wealth. Every time we spend our money on those foreign goods it is gone forever, with the exception of the money we borrow from these countires. Disgraceful and while we argue healthcare, the money and jobs keep going!

Comment

Tread lightly, the foul stench of politics is permeating the air.
            sigpic

Comment

90% of people have a job in this country. And out of that 10% 5% dont want one. That means for every 100 people 95 have a job. People like u that watch to much CNN are the problem.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Our smoke and mirrors economy is coming to a close, the smoke is clearing and the mirrors are breaking. President Obama is pushing for health care reform which may be necessary and has plenty of attention from both parties and the public, but everyone is ignoring our crumbling economy. In my opinion the number one priority should be real jobs and weaning America off of communist china and the rest of the third world for our consumer goods. How can we possibly be headed for anything but a crash if nothing has changed so far? Still no jobs solution, still no trade deficit solution, still spending massive amounts of money to fund military actions, bailouts and stimulus. A kid in grade school could predict the impending crash!
              You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

I still think we are going to test the bottom before we see a legitimate recovery. To much new policy introduced at break neck speeds most of which nobody realizes the impact of.

Hopefully it is just profit taking but I share some of Dunbar's concerns.

Comment

The concern are valid.
                  Corporations took America over. The situation is very serious and very similar to that that lead to the Boston Tea Party. That party was not really a rebellion against what then was the government - the king, but against a rampant and out of control corporation - East India Trading Company. The practically rule the colonial America much like todays' Coca Cola's Monsantos, Microsofts and Essos. In fact, the King wanted to temper the Company down.

I admire the American Founding Fathers' foresight when they warned about (among others) two things:

- the uncontrolled power of corporations
                  - the erosion of freedoms justified by external threads

Yup, over 200 years ago some smart people predicted (although noit specifically) events such as Iraq war, Enrons, corprate buyouts etc. Today most governments in the developed countries are simply puppets of the corporate interest. I doubt that any amount of voting will change that. There are other ways, and if communists were kicked out in most former SU block countries so can the corporate delivery boys, aka The White House, The Senate and The Congress. But I ain't going there any deeper
                  In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                    90% of people have a job in this country. And out of that 10% 5% dont want one. That means for every 100 people 95 have a job. People like u that watch to much CNN are the problem.
                    Sorry, I watch Fox News. I still think we need jobs and I don't care if 99 out of 100 Americans were somehow employed, if we are still buying our consumer goods from and supporting the economy of communist china and the rest of the thrid world we are doomed! Argue that point and our trade deficit. We don't need to get our opinions from News stations, we just have to look at where things are made. Think for yourself and stop trusting numbers thrown at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Sorry, I watch Fox News. I still think we need jobs and I don't care if 99 out of 100 Americans were somehow employed, if we are still buying our consumer goods from and supporting the economy of communist china and the rest of the thrid world we are doomed! Argue that point and our trade deficit. We don't need to get our opinions from News stations, we just have to look at where things are made. Think for yourself and stop trusting numbers thrown at you.
                      The problem is we are borrowing so much money we are now dependant on Communist China being financially successful.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When you're massively in debt, take for example personal finance. Someone comes in and says "hey, I'm going to give you money, get you back up and running and we'll get you later on the bill."

Now, you get the money, you start paying off all that you were behind, in the hole and this leaves you with a margin of money left over to work with.

Now you realize that your profits STILL are not accumulating like they did the past 24 months before all this started to deflate.

And now, since there's not enough revenue to sustain yourself, the "borrowed" money is now running out,

nothing changed on your end, other than you ripped through a great deal of money and your situation is pretty much the same.

That's where america is heading towards. This small "jump" that financed our futures was a move that history will show was a move that most likely had to happen, but that doesn't mean it was a wise one.

In about a year to two years,

You HAVE to start paying back that loan, which if you're running on the next to no margins, you're now operating with no profit margins, working on a massive till of debt for the next 10 years because

you had your hand out for something that you should of just buckled and crumbled, disappeared from the map.

We will all take the fall for supporting these gluttons of debt like the big 3 automakers, along with all these corporate moguls that moved large amounts of money that didn't protect the little guy.

The first wave of defaults were the bad credit risks, that's expected.

This second wave of defaults are going to be the "good" credit risks that either lost their jobs or a spouse isn't working anymore and BOOM; living beyond their expectations.

That second wave is going to jack up all bank loans, all credit card rates, diminishing the big picture of what's safe in money lending.

Unemployment is at a 26 year high. The majority of americans are still working, but it's evident that the infrastructure is starting to wobble, and it is going to topple.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          The problem is we are borrowing so much money we are now dependant on Communist China being financially successful.

Mark
                          Mark, where does that leave us in terms of a way back?I project as more of our money goes outside of the USA in the form of purchased goods, our economy continues to weaken. How does this get turned around, I know bailouts and stimulus are not the answer. I also think taxes are not the answer, I don't care if you taxes the rich at 100% and took all their income, you would still be exporting more money than you are keeping in circulation. That's why although I believe while heathcare reform is important, I think becoming more selfsufficient is a higher priority.

Comment

It turns around when we all decide we need to control our spending and be responsible for ourselves. This is absolutely the wrong time for this Administration to try and push through all of these social programs regardless of their merit. We need to allow business which are failing to fail. There is a process which must happen to a failing business and all we are doing now is redistributing funds and ownership at the cost of the taxpayers. Special interest is running rampant and there is no way to stop it in a single party government.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a jacka$$, if you really want to dig into this mess, you need to turn off fox news, msnbc, cnn, rush, olberman, etc.

None of them have a clue.

Check your partisan political tendencies at the door and start poking around.

This is bigger than dems and reps, libs and cons.

Do yourself a favor and do some research. There is plenty of places to find it, ya just gotta dig a little deeper.

Edit---

These comments aren't pointed directly at anyone here, nor are they meant to be disrespectful to anyone here. I hope they don't come across that way.
                              Last edited by lmpg; 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X