Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veterans...Under Obama healthcare plan, TRICARE changes drastically!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Veterans...Under Obama healthcare plan, TRICARE changes drastically!

There are so many bills, so much money being spent and generally so much going on in this administration that it is near impossible to keep up with it all. Some of it may indeed be for the better and some of it is just plain corruption and politics as usual.

I highly recommend Glenn Becks new book "Common Sense" It is an amazing read and does not take political sides. In fact it exposes just as many Republican shenanigans as Democratic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      There are so many bills, so much money being spent and generally so much going on in this administration that it is near impossible to keep up with it all. Some of it may indeed be for the better and some of it is just plain corruption and politics as usual.

I highly recommend Glenn Becks new book "Common Sense" It is an amazing read and does not take political sides. In fact it exposes just as many Republican shenanigans as Democratic.

I like Glen Beck, watch him all the time. Have not heard anything else on the attorney general Obama fired without cause? Hope justice is done. Power corrupts all these politicians.

Comment

I maintain that political parties are One of the worst things that ever happened to our country, if our elected representatives would do what is best for our country rather than what is best for their self interest, we would be in a much better situation all around.

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.
        GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, Sep. 17, 1796
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

We could put an instant end to all the corruption and BS in Washington if people would just get off their butts and VOTE. That's all it takes. Run the incompetent's out of office. There should be a secure way to vote online and then you would see an instant change in the way things get done on the hill. Politicians are all too comfortable with the knowledge that most folks won't take time to write or call much less vote. Everyone loves to sit around and ***** about things, but hardly anyone ever complains to the right people. We don't need constitutional amendments. We don't need new laws and rules. Unfortunately, until the crap really hits the fan hard, it will be business as usual.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            We could put an instant end to all the corruption and BS in Washington if people would just get off their butts and VOTE. That's all it takes. Run the incompetent's out of office. There should be a secure way to vote online and then you would see an instant change in the way things get done on the hill. Politicians are all too comfortable with the knowledge that most folks won't take time to write or call much less vote. Everyone loves to sit around and ***** about things, but hardly anyone ever complains to the right people. We don't need constitutional amendments. We don't need new laws and rules. Unfortunately, until the crap really hits the fan hard, it will be business as usual.
            NHM, as long as we have a two party system all we accomplish is what we currently have, special interest groups and agendas being pursued. Glen Beck said the worst thing to do is stay neutral, you must pick a side, but I don't like either side! Neither was willing to secure our borders, both have pushed bailouts and stimulus plans. Neither addressed the trade deficit. What are my options or hopes for change? Obama was change from the failure or disappointment of the republican administration, but there has been no change in my opinion. We are still fighting wars, trying to tax our way to a better economy after the republican tax breaks failed to accomplish their goals. Where is the party and candidate willing to tackle the trade deficit and border situation? I don't care if we had 100% employment, unless we stop bleeding off our dollars to foreign countries and get none in return we are doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Glen Beck said the worst thing to do is stay neutral, you must pick a side, but I don't like either side! Neither was willing to secure our borders, both have pushed bailouts and stimulus plans. Neither addressed the trade deficit. What are my options or hopes for change?
              Glen Beck either doesn't know what he's talking about, or he doesn't want to tell you the truth. There is no other side. Neither Obama, nor Bush, nor a few before them had anything to say. They are puppets of a larger game and we are the sheep. Honestly, does anyone believe that Bush, the same one who couldn't tie his shoe laces, ran America? Obama is no different. Neither you in the US, nor we in Canada or EU have any options. We have an illusion of options and the official media are the mouthpiece for the plasticon we live in. The so called presidential elections is a farce - really just a face transplant occuring every 4 years. With every government Americans loose ever more rights and opportunities.

I didn't have a lot of hope for change when Obama was elected, but there was a glimmer, I have to admit. And a glimmer is what is all really was.

There will be no jobs coming back to America. The process of pauperisation in the US and other so called developped countries has began a few decades ago. A strong people is hard to govern. An educated people even harder. That's why we are robbed of the opportunities out forefathers worked for, and that's why our younger generations are being fed useless indoctrination while being buried in technology of trinkets - an iPod generation with headphones in their ears and without the slightest idea of the world.

Even many of us, the older farts, succumbed to the carefully arranged, and seemingly accidental series of short movies called "the news". Does anyone believe that you can cover the world news in 20 minutes???? And then back to our regular programming about Michale Jackson. OK, he was famous and big, but c'mon! Is he as big as national ID cards shifting steadily and surelly towards RFID cards. And that's just one example. We are getting excited with some pretty voice's death, or some chunky athlete's shot on goal but in the end neither has any, not even the slightest importance to us. That we are heading straight into being fully controlled as a society and as individuals does.

IMO, the first step to take is to cancel your cable/satellite subscription and stop allowing them to make you think you love in a free society which has political options. Being in jail is one thing but realizing that is quite another. When the Colonists rebelled they did so because they saw the shackles. Today few people see them so the have an illusion of freedom and options.

The media is concentrated in the hands of what... 2 or 3 companies? Choice? Nope. The only choice is other people and new political movements and throw the thieves and the puppets out of the US Senate, Congress and the White House. Cons or Dems are just labels. They are all EXACTLY THE SAME PUPPETS. There is no government working for the American people, and there hasn't been one in a long while. Which leads us back to the topic of this thread.

Why would Obama, or anyone else up there care about the veterans' health care? The veterans did their job, aged, or got injured thus rendering themselves useless to the government. There will be some attempts to keep appearances, the remembrance day speeches and such, but really, don't count on much more. Your worth as a vet is there only if you're still usable for other missions.
              In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Interesting perception of the world you have there Darius.

Extremely cynical, but interesting.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Has anyone read "The creature from Jekyll Island" A real eye opener about the formation of the Federal Reserve.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    Interesting perception of the world you have there Darius.

Extremely cynical, but interesting.
                    Cynical?
                    I'm not sure which of the definitions of the word "cynical" you have in mind.
                    I don't see anything cynical about my post. Talking about reality is not cynical at all. I'm simply not an ideal candidate for a citizen of a totalitarian state. I was born and raised in a communist country. I can smell that crap in the air. When I left for the US I thought the US would be better. And it is. The US government and media are much better in making you feel like you're free and like you have options. Other than that there is really little difference.

Josh, "The creature from Jekyll Island" opens one's eyes on quite a bit more than just the so called "Federal Reserve" which is neither Federal nor does it have any reserves.

Here is a link to those who want to watch a lecture on the subject. Chopped up into nice short pieces, about 10 or less minutes each, so you can spread it over a few painless sessions. An eye opener indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                      Cynical?
                      I'm not sure which of the definitions of the word "cynical" you have in mind.
                      I don't see anything cynical about my post. Talking about reality is not cynical at all. I'm simply not an ideal candidate for a citizen of a totalitarian state. I was born and raised in a communist country. I can smell that crap in the air. When I left for the US I thought the US would be better. And it is. The US government and media are much better in making you feel like you're free and like you have options. Other than that there is really little difference.

Josh, "The creature from Jekyll Island" opens one's eyes on quite a bit more than just the so called "Federal Reserve" which is neither Federal nor does it have any reserves.

Here is a link to those who want to watch a lecture on the subject. Chopped up into nice short pieces, about 10 or less minutes each, so you can spread it over a few painless sessions. An eye opener indeed.
                      Darius, I agree that your factual stance is not cynical, it is a harsh reality that disturbs our illusions and as such must be defined in a way that negates it's truth. Disturbed is how I feel after watching some of that video and when giving thought to our choices in politics and chance for meaningful change. The masses are busy living their lives and watching what is served up as News. The trial of O.J., Janet Jackson's bare breast and many other "newsworthy" stories have taken the place of true investigative journalism and any opportunity of educating the masses. I believe our country is great, is a work in progress and has a chance of becoming what it represents itself to be, however I also admit we are in a bad place now and for the life of me I can't imagine how the situation can be turned around?

Comment

Zeitgeist! Zeitgeist you bastards!!!

J.C.

Comment

Frank, of course we all are in a bad place now, and the place will get even worse. I don;t think I am in a position to tell people what to do because (and this may be quite a bit cynical)... what do I have left? 20, perhaps 25 years if I'm lucky?

History is full of examples how people broke out of the impossible grip. Roman Catholic Church had such a grip. And even though I was raised as a Catholic I recognize how people could have gotten seriously ticked off with what the, then, murderous organization was up to. I lived through tough times myself. Breaking out of the prison imposed by one's government takes one basic thing: realization that you are in that prison. Then all you need is a lot of desperation and just a little bit of courage. Not much. I didn't feel very courageous when I jogged around with gasoline filled bottles on some major communist holidays - I felt pissed off.

The country I lived in eventually made it. It took over 40 years, and a lot of sacrifice of a lot of people. The irony is now Poland is in EU - another totalitarian organization. Polish kids are happy, because they traded crappy local electronics for the new shiny iPods and laptops. Along came a significant decrease in the general literacy of the nation. I'm not talking about the ability to read and write - they still are ahead of the US in this respect. What I mean is the general knowledge of the world surrounding our kids. They have no clue. They are very good at taking advantage of what they think is freedom, but they have zero experience in fighting for it. They are having a lot of fun but they confuse fun with happiness and freedom. Freedom is not what you win once and keep forever. Freedom is what you have to fight day in, day out.

Any drastic change in the society requires drastic moves - total civil disobedience, some blood spilled in the streets, a lot of broken lives and hopes. Complete collapse of the economy and inflation in the triple digits. Such inflation would eventually level off and in fact it would lead to the return of the true free market economy - something that we only have an illusion of in today's world. And all that not in a matter of a day or two, but sometimes for a decade of more.

Sometimes all it takes is stopping to pay taxes (there is no law in the US that requires to pay personal income tax anyway, did you know that?), not showing up to work and not doing a lot of other things the government expects us to do. Of course if you don't show up for work tomorrow nobody but you and your boss (if you have one) will notice. But if 60% or more Americans do the same it would be huge. There are only so many security forces in any country, and even among those, only so many will be loyal to the government over the loyalty to their own kin.

The biggest difficulty in this day and age is the technology, the media and fragmentation of the society, especially in countries such as the US. All those illegals from Mexico and elsewhere... what a brilliant move on the part of the government. They are such a wonderful counterbalance to the US citizens who care. The illegals don't. Or at least they don't know what's going on, and all they care about is their $5 per hour.

Of course, I am not proposing any script about what to do. As I said, I'm not exactly young anymore and I did my share of fighting, only to be so hugely disappointed that it was all in vain. So I'm just giving examples of what did happen in history, on one occasion or another, including the history of the USA. But again, the problem this time around is that most people do not even realize the hole they're in. So perhaps that's where it all should start. I turned those TV sets off as they are a part of the problem. I look for independent information, spread it around, and I always question everything I see and hear. That's the one good thing that communist regime accidentally taught me - distrust to the government and politicians.

Comment

Working...
                          X