X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just The Facts

I was at home depot this morning and there was a Hilti tent set up outside with all the trimmings, tools, demos, and salesmen. I was talking to one of their guys and he showed off their 14.4 volt impact drill and said it is stronger than all the 18 volt models by competitors because they only have 2.0AH lithiums while Hilti's were 2.6? When I said Ridgid had a 3.0, 18 volt he quickly asked another salesman who happened to be a Ridgid/Milwaukee rep? This guys response was "We have a 3.5AH 18volt". NO you don't. The salemans continued to show me different tools and made up stats as he went along. I found it amusing as was the discount price of $ 440.00 for the impact and another 14.4 volt drill. I must have hurt someone's feeling because I didn't get a parting gift, hat, pencil, nothing! The saleman did say they were going to offer a 1/2" heavy duty cordless impact but that will be another $400 tool.

Re: Just The Facts

I don't think I've ever seen Hilti tools at any of the home depots near me, is there any way to figure out where the closest one would be? I've heard they are supposed to make pretty good tools, and I think I've actually seen some Hilti stuff for rent in HD, though it would be nice to at least check some out in person.

Comment

Originally posted by wathman View Post
      I don't think I've ever seen Hilti tools at any of the home depots near me, is there any way to figure out where the closest one would be? I've heard they are supposed to make pretty good tools, and I think I've actually seen some Hilti stuff for rent in HD, though it would be nice to at least check some out in person.
      There must be a 800# and information on which stores carry their tools. Regarding quality and support, I believe the quality if still made in Germany is excellent and their salepeople seen will to go out of their way to help customers. Only thing I didn't care for was the misinformation, aside from that if I was going to use hammerdrills for business, Hilti would be the number one choice hands down.

Comment

"I was at home depot"

That was your first mistake...

Comment

Working...
        X