X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Too Much Michael Jackson

Around here all that's on the news (TV and radio) has to do with the death of Michael Jackson. I for one am sick of it already. How about the passing of Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcet? There is a tiny and I mean tiny bit about the horrible crash of a METRO subway train where on Tuesday evening near the Fort Totten (NW Washington, DC) station a moving train failed to STOP and crashed into another. Nine people died and over 75 were injured. Yes, there was good media coverage that evening and the next morning, but no more. Is one person named Michael Jackson worth more than all of the victims of the accident? What about Ed and Farrah? Don't people have more regard for them? I know I do. I bet the media is being paid to run Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson and more Michael Jackson. If not payola then it must be ratings which IMO is about the same thing. GRRRRRRR ... I want other news. Last evening there were some powerful T-storms with damage. The only good news coverage about them that I could find was our local all news radio station. The TV news was a joke. Here where thousands of people faced danger it didn't matter.

Please post your thoughts.
    Last edited by Woussko; 06-27-2009, 10:30 AM.

Re: Way Too Much Michael Jackson

Amen to that brother.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It's entertainment, people wanna hear about freakish things, and MJ was as good as it comes.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

It's simply a diversion! This way those tiny new little acorns don't have to bother with reality.

Locally the news here is just as bad! there was a 15 second news story about our local taxes going up....sort of a "oh....by the way .. type of story" followed by 3 minutes of commercials

Wait.if Jackson would be white? the news story would only be a passing blurb...wait! he's white now? wait ..no he's black! white? black? oh got it he's ebony and ivory!

Cactus Man

Comment

Nobody could grab his own balls like Michael Jackson did, although the word has it he did not stopped at grabbing his own.
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

We don't have t.v., so we're immune to all that crap.

We got the 5 c.d. Netflix program, though.
            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

My only thought is.... Why is this thread nominated?
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 06-28-2009, 10:00 AM.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

In the time it takes me to change channels, after realizing what they are talking about, I have learned way more than I even wanted to about Micheal Jackson.

Can it really be that entertaining to listen to the same stuff over and over. It's not like he is sick or his condition is going to change.. Oops! thought he was dead but now he's alive now stay tuned.

Comment

Farrah Fawcett died and ended up in heaven.

Beside Saint Peter who was standing there but Ed McMahon as a guest host.

Ed Says welcome to heaven but before you come in you must first prove you are worthy to enter. He asks Farrah “What do you wish for humanity”.

Farrah thought for a second and said, “I wish all the children in the world to be happy and safe”.

POOF... Michael Jackson appeared ..stone cold at their feet.
                    Last edited by billmoy; 06-27-2009, 05:08 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Ahh, say what u want about him but when the most famous person in the world dies at 50 its big news that will run every night for a while. He may have been alot of stuff but by far the most famous.
                      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

The Michael Jackson that I admired...
                        ...Died a very long time ago.

He self destructed. It seems to me he didn't like himself, he wanted to be someone else, someone not black. If I was African-American, I would be insulted by his actions.

I am however deeply saddened by Farrah's passing.

Comment

Steve, Thank you!
                          Last edited by papadan; 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM.
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

CNN just announced that Michael Jackson is still dead

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X