X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHS Tapes

Anyone still have VHS tapes? Found some old ones of boxing, basketball, football etc. that I seemed to have saved thinking they had some value in my mind.

Packratting. Gotta' go.

J.C.

Re: VHS Tapes

We must have several hundred, too many to give you count anyway. We bought our first video tape recorder back when everyone was still argueing whether "Beta" or "VHS" was the best way to go. Both my wife and I are movie lovers, especially older movies from the thirties and forties, and fifties.

My wife decided early on to make a hobby out of taping these old film classics. Nice thought I suppose, but not anything that I wanted to be involved in. Also, I'm not much for digging through the index and then going after the tape, and I find it preferrable to see what TCM has to offer for the evening.

At this point, we've got more "movies" than I'll ever be able to watch in the years left to me. Still, it's hard to depart with such an extensive library. Now the problem is even finding a VHS player, so let's hope the couple we have continue to operate properly. I can certainly transfer these to disc... but there's NOT enough time left in my life, even if I were to make this the top priority, which it certainly ISN'T.

CWS

Comment

We still have a ton of them but rarely watch them unless they are ones we recorded of the kids. Our first VCR was a Mitsubishi which had 5 separate motors which had to be synced.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I can't talk about any of mine.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I can't talk about any of mine.

That Pause button wears on them, right?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            That Pause button wears on them, right?

J.C.
            And the Slo-mo
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I lost a bunch in katrina, but a cousin returned my vhs star wars trilogy that he borrowed a decade earlier, so now I have those three.

I noticed blank vhs tapes are getting harder to find. I went in to Best Buy the other day and the teenager looked at me funny when I asked for them. When he finally found where they were supposed to be they were out.

I record to vhs and dvd direct on video inspections. A few times the dvd failed to record and the vhs saved me from redoing a bunch of work over again. This happened even though there were no obvious scuffs or scratches on the dvds and I handle the dvds with clean hands. I hate the weight of the vhs monitor but love the reliability of recording to vhs.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I find plenty of VHS tapes in my stores, but I only use VHS to record programs when I have to leave the house and my wife's soap opera. Movies go onto a DVD and I've transfered close to one hundred camcorder tapes to DVD as well. I have a VHS/DVD recorder/player that serves a dual purpose. I have also found a way to record the movies I pay to watch off of cable, even if they are copy right protected. I would never cross the line and sell them for profit, but I might want to watch one at a latter date and now I can.

Comment

VHS, of course. I also have about 50-60 8 track tapes and a working Emerson 8 track stereo. Now, I hope to retrieve it in my divorce, so I guess she has it....
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Anyone looking for blank T-120 or T-160 VHS tapes, give this place a try. I think you'll be glad to have found them. They put "Worst Buy" to shame and have been doing so for a long time.

Their home page - www.jr.com

Blank Maxell, Sony and TDK VHS Tapes... Take your pick.
                    http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...e&N=4294562460

Order By Phone: 800-806-1115
                    Customer Service: 800-426-6027
                    Last edited by Woussko; 06-29-2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Anyone still have VHS tapes? Found some old ones of boxing, basketball, football etc. that I seemed to have saved thinking they had some value in my mind.

Packratting. Gotta' go.

J.C.
                      Hi,

Yes, In fact our family has three VHS players, we often find them at local garage sales etc.

We also have a bunch of movies, and instead of paying to go to the movies, netflix etc, We save money and watch the old movies etc.

Today's movies / TV is all green screen work, MOST MOVIES on VHS have a "REAL SET".....The wife and I like older movies .

They do have value in my book.

Comment

What is a VHS tape?

*Runs*

Comment

Working...
                        X