Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did You or Will You Go To A Tea Party?

I agree with NHM all the way. I go food shopping and since I'm retired I cook plenty of meals. Every week prices are up and it's more difficult to not spend more for the same or less goods. I cut my own lawn, cut my own hair, trim the dog too! I can't cut back much more, and it seems like a losing battle. Wheter the money is paying for wasteful government spending is out of my control. I'd just like to know what chance we have of seeing this turn around for the better? So next election we vote in republicans, any of you think that will be the answer to our problems? Just my opinion but right now we don't need nationalized healthcare, more bailouts or stimulus monies. We don't need talk of "Green Jobs" and better relations with dictators and radicals. I think we need real jobs for Americans who are living in tents and losing their homes. I think we need to stop buying from and borrowing from communist china and the rest of the third world. First things first.

Comment

@frank @nhmaster.

Also agree,

The wife and I shop less and less each week and the food bill is higher and higher.......

Another words, each week we "buy less" of the same and "spend more"
      Ahh!!!!

OH BTW: We don't ever eat out and no fast food. We cook it all from scratch
      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

This may seem like heresy coming from me but I don't think the Republicans offer anything better. In fact, I'm getting to the point where I don't think there is a damn bit of difference between Republicans and Democrats. No, the savior here will come from outside the party and be backed by the common man like you and me. We will get driven over the edge and finally stand up and do what we should have been doing for generations and that's voting the lying, thieving bastards out of office. TI have to laugh at this whole Sarah Palin thing. So she decides to step down because the press is hounding her and her family. She's had enough. Can't blame here. They say she's positioning herself for the presidency. What a laugh. She's a nice woman, and I share some of her views and values but if she is the best the Republican party has to offer we are in deep do do indeed. The people of this nation will wake up. WE will make the "change" we will do as we have done for the last 233 years. To quote Popeye " I've stood alls that I cans stands and I cants stands no more " Or " I'm mad as hell and I can't take it anymore"

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        I agree with NHM all the way. I go food shopping and since I'm retired I cook plenty of meals. Every week prices are up and it's more difficult to not spend more for the same or less goods. I cut my own lawn, cut my own hair, trim the dog too! I can't cut back much more, and it seems like a losing battle. Wheter the money is paying for wasteful government spending is out of my control. I'd just like to know what chance we have of seeing this turn around for the better? So next election we vote in republicans, any of you think that will be the answer to our problems? Just my opinion but right now we don't need nationalized healthcare, more bailouts or stimulus monies. We don't need talk of "Green Jobs" and better relations with dictators and radicals. I think we need real jobs for Americans who are living in tents and losing their homes. I think we need to stop buying from and borrowing from communist china and the rest of the third world. First things first.
        sigpic

Comment

at one time I thought there was a difference between the parties but any more I am starting to think there is a one party with two heads,

it seems regardless who is in office the direction of the government is the same, some times it walks fast and some times it is slow, but is seems basically to be in the same direction, (away from individual freedoms and rights, away from state rights, and more taxation and regulation and controls on everything.)
          I keep getting letters from the Republican party, and they talk about Republican values, and when they call for money I ask them what are the "republican values that they are referring to" so far I have not got any answers, for president they basically ran a Democrat in republican clothing, If it was not for Palin they would not even hardly registered, on the tally scale,
          any more I do not know what the Republican party stands for,

Neither party seems to stands for what is best for the people or the country, IMO.
          Last edited by BHD; 07-06-2009, 10:07 PM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

And I'm tired of this whole "Values" crap. I'm not electing a priest. The only "values" I care about are protecting this nation both economically and militarily and getting your greedy stinkin paws the hell out of my wallet.
            sigpic

Comment

My main concern right now is how we as a nation come togehter and get the representation we want and need, not be force fed the same ineffective choices. I think our country is so big that by the time enough people come to the same conclusions as us the economic situation will be extremely bad. Just look at the atmosphere and focus among most Americans today. Instead of rallying and protesting government inaction and misdirection, the masses are entranced with the funeral service of a entertainer. I mean no disrescpect towards the dead, but where are our priorities? Most people just don't get how dire the situation is and until they do we all will suffer the consequences. I wish more folks would set aside party loyalty and come together as one.

Comment

Working...
              X