Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You or Will You Go To A Tea Party?

Hi,

I am getting kinda scared of all these upcoming taxes that seem to be being added by the day, and I don't even make that much money.

For instance, I just saw a CNN video that described some new local taxes

Florida = extra $1.00 per pack of cigs

Wisconsin 75 cents per 911 call

Some other place adding "Digital download taxes"

Source:

Video:
    http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/pol...ust.saying.cnn

Taxing the middle class 2:38
    Carol Costello explains why, despite the president's promise, taxes on the middle class have gone up.
    At first I thought the Tea parties were just some madness, BUT seems by the day we are getting "taxed six ways to Sunday"

1) Has anyone here participated at a Tea party this year and if so how did you like it?

2) Is anyone thinking of going to the next one?

3) Is this thread allowed? If not please just delete / close it, I was just curious about this topic.

Thanks and looking forward to your feedback,

Joseph
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Re: Did You or Will You Go To A Tea Party?

75 cents, to dial 911, now that's just wrong. Is this the new future, that "everything" must be taxed, so they can say, we didn't raise your income taxes?

What's the difference? We still get taxed, one way or another........
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

When Obama said he would not raise taxes on the middle class he did the old political shuffle. What he meant to say was that he would not raise federal income tax (though that's a lie also) instead his un-checked spending is forcing states, cities and towns to raise revenues by raising the tax on things you either buy or services you need. Why could no one forsee the folly of spending trillions of dollars (blame Bush too here) with no possible means to re-pay the debt.

Where will you be when the hit's the fan?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 07-05-2009, 06:23 PM. Reason: content added
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        When Obama said he would not raise taxes on the middle class he did the old political shuffle. What he meant to say was that he would not raise federal income tax (though that's a lie also) instead his un-checked spending is forcing states, cities and towns to raise revenues by raising the tax on things you either buy or services you need. Why could no one forsee the folly of spending trillions of dollars (blame Bush too here) with no possible means to re-pay the debt.

In Colorado, they can't just up and raise taxes thanks to TABOR. So the Dims are raising the "fees" to do things. Our vehicle registrations just went up July 1. The other local showed where they are raising fees for permits. The list grows.

Too bad I never hear about cuts to the welfare system. Just cops and firefighters.

Comment

Come on NHM, admit ALL politicians dems and republicans lie to get elected!
          Bush senior, "Read My Lips, No New Taxes!". You really shocked by Obama? Let's move past the democrat/republican debate for a moment, what will it take to turn our country and economy around? I say we stop paying communist china, mexico and the rest of the third world for our consumer goods and start manufacturing what we consume. I agree we can't tax ourselves out of a recession/depression, bailouts and stimulus won't work either President Bush tried that. What do you suggest as an alterantive to our dliemna? Tax breaks for businesses and the rich won't address our trillion plus trade deficit, healthcare is a serious issue but even if it was provided for every American the bigger problem right now is the economy which keeps getting worse. I don't think President Obama or any other politician is capable or willing to do what it will take. You really think John McCain would have our economy up and running? Seriously, it will take extreme measures and our legislators are not up for the job.

Comment

Joseph, I have not been to a Tea Party but no question something has to be done. Unlike those who blame former President Bush and President Obama for our present situation, I think the problem goes back at least thirty years or more. That's how long we've been ignoring the gasoline problem as we bought muscle cars and big SUV's. That's how long we've been losing American jobs to the rest of the world as if it wouldn't hurt us some day. Our borders have remained a joke for longer than that and now we are stuck paying for over twenty million illegals. Our legislators took with both hands and did not anticipate these problems. We the American people looked the other way and were consumed by mindless diversions like the OJ trial, janet jackson's bare breast, the octomom! Even now as we are force fed lies by both political parties, we still can't admit the truth. We need much more than tea party protests cause when it comes time to vote again we will be replacing the dems who will no doubtedly fail for the republicans who will most certainly do the same.

Comment

Heres my question / rant..?

I sit here in Rochester NY where the state is basically on strike for the last 4 weeks, here NO BS look:

New York State Senate in Chaos as Stalemate Continues

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ate-continues/

No deal: NY Senate adjourns after 3-minute session

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...PnYfgD998L10G0

WASSSSUP WITH THAT YO?

I though they worked for us?

I heard it costs us taxpayers 100k a day for them to be in "stalemate"

WASup with that I ask again,

Its seems we are getting taxed over every thing and they are spending money like its free,

BUT no jobs, no manufacturing......GM plants shutting, dealer ships closing.......Detroit is basically empty.......

someone hold me, I am really scared.!!!!!!!!
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                Heres my question / rant..?

I sit here in Rochester NY where the state is basically on strike for the last 4 weeks, here NO BS look:

New York State Senate in Chaos as Stalemate Continues

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ate-continues/

No deal: NY Senate adjourns after 3-minute session

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...PnYfgD998L10G0

WASSSSUP WITH THAT YO?

I though they worked for us?

I heard it costs us taxpayers 100k a day for them to be in "stalemate"

WASup with that I ask again,

Its seems we are getting taxed over every thing and they are spending money like its free,

BUT no jobs, no manufacturing......GM plants shutting, dealer ships closing.......Detroit is basically empty.......

someone hold me, I am really scared.!!!!!!!!
                There's no escaping the reasonable observations you have made, and there are no reasonable solutions either. If you are really bothered by all this negative/scary stuff, I suggest you stop watching and reading the News. Don't talk about it, don't read posts here or anywhere else that brings it up. Our lives will go on day after day until it does become critical and then there will be changes we can't avoid. I think it is going to get real bad, and unless someone can change my mind with facts I will keep believing this.

Comment

Apart from elections you can still call your reps and senators. Put em in your address book on your phone and let them know how you feel about new legislation. Write em emails. They may not listen to your message but they do have folks who tally calls and your thoughts.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Apart from elections you can still call your reps and senators. Put em in your address book on your phone and let them know how you feel about new legislation. Write em emails. They may not listen to your message but they do have folks who tally calls and your thoughts.

Josh
                    Josh, I used to communicate with former Congressman Chris Shays from my state. We honestly went back and forth on some issues but in the end it was all lip service. Yes, he listened and appreciated the input but these politicians have an agenda separate from the needs and wishes of their constituents. I have a feeling the majority of Americans want the trade deficit addressed, borderes secured, situation with illegals resolved, consumer goods made in the USA, government spending controlled, and all the rest we discuss here. Neither political party is giving us what we want. I won't say I'm scared but I'm real concerned about our future. We can't keep losing American jobs and American dollars to these other countries and expect a good outcome. Where was the forward thinking in borrowing from communist china? Our legislators are hiding behind the healthcare issue as the economy worsens. They well know what we want from them and they refuse to deliver.

Comment

Frankie, I did blame Bush too. Yes fees on everything are going up. In NH another 30 bucks to register your car, another 70 cents or so on cigarettes, tolls up another 50 c, all motor vehicle fines have been raised. You can call it what you want but in the end it's more money out of your pocket.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        There's no escaping the reasonable observations you have made, and there are no reasonable solutions either. If you are really bothered by all this negative/scary stuff, I suggest you stop watching and reading the News. Don't talk about it, don't read posts here or anywhere else that brings it up. Our lives will go on day after day until it does become critical and then there will be changes we can't avoid. I think it is going to get real bad, and unless someone can change my mind with facts I will keep believing this.

I really don't watch the news anymore for this reason, Its just lately the whole NYS thing is everywhere,

I also agree that our lives do go on day after day, BUT so do these TAX INCREASES ...

Seems like everyday there is a new "Tax"

I mean, I actually canceled my verizon phones because the "fees" and local "taxes" here in NYS got crazy,

At one point I was paying like $30+ in taxes on a cell phone, I switched to "pre-paid"

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Josh

This is true - But I think in NYS its a lost cause. Gov Patterson made them have "special sessions" and they won't even listen to him(The Gov) , so I highly doubt they care what I or anyone else says.

I mean if your ignoring the Governor then for sure your not going to listen to the people.....

Comment

Frankie, I did blame Bush too. Yes fees on everything are going up. In NH another 30 bucks to register your car, another 70 cents or so on cigarettes, tolls up another 50 c, all motor vehicle fines have been raised. You can call it what you want but in the end it's more money out of your pocket.

Yea, at this point I feel that it doesn't matter who is actually in office per say, I think that the "spending" has gone to far,

For instance,

"I" pay taxes and "I" sit in a lawn chair because I can't afford a better one right now (this is true)

BUT - Our lovely elected folks sit in $300+ chairs and have "stalemates"

Call it what you want........It's outa control the spending....It really is....

Comment

Last week, when the White House was busy throwing an authentic Hawaiian luau, that surely cost more than several of us put together make in a year, I was walking through the local supermarket buying groceries. I check prices on things. Maybe I don't have too, I make pretty good money, but these days every penny saved is, or should be, money in your pocket. Problem is, every penny you save now will we taken by either the Fed, the state or the local government to pay for the huge deficits. So your wife goes to payless to buy shoes for the kids and shops at Wal-mart for clothes, meanwhile, the press reminds us that we live in another world as they make a big deal out of Michell Obama's $ 600.00 sneakers. You think these people we elect have a clue? Close to 10% unemployment, deficit at 14 trill, stimulous package that did absolutly nothing to stimulate anyone or anything other than the cronies hiding in the shadows. Illegal aliens costing the taxpayer an estimated 60 billion a year in services and lost revenues (not to mention the millions in U.S. currency taken out of the country) An economy in shambles and still the White House prioritizes global warming and dumb assed energy programs because in his own words "the time is right" right for what? bankrupting the entire nation until we become just another third world economy. If the idiots on the hill really cared about the economy they could have given all business a 2 year tax moratoriam that would have blown the roof off the economy and in a good way. You want to know what the real cost of Obama's campaign was? First take the amount the DNC spent to elect him. Then take the trillions he threw to the cronies that got him elected. Add them together and it should give you a rough idea. We are so screwed at this point that "Tea Parties" are a grain of sand at the beach.
                            sigpic

Comment

We are so screwed at this point that "Tea Parties" are a grain of sand at the beach.
                              Now thats a "good one" and your right........we're Phucked

Comment

Working...
                              X