• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Pepsi Lovers Here?

I personally like Coke a cola

BUT I just saw this and it hurt my feelings ;-(

What do you think?

Do you think Pepsi should have invested that $1 Billion here in the USA?

Pepsi Makes $1 Billion Investment in Russia

NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- PepsiCo announced a $1 billion investment in Russia, making it the latest beverage battleground. The beverage marketer plans to expand its presence in the country over the next three years through a variety of manufacturing and distribution investments.

Then for the video lovers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmnojBwN4g

Re: Any Pepsi Lovers Here?

Sex sells, that's for sure! I like coke and pepsi, but soda bothers my stomach these days. Enjoy it while you can.

Comment

a company invests where they think they can get a return on it,

Russia is (I am guess here) basically a new and open market to them, if there gamble pays off, they will recoup much more than invested, over the years to come, but just like any business it going to take some money to get started,

Discussing the Idea of "investing" in the USA, they all ready have done that, they have there bottling plants, they have there distribution net work there management system,
      and so on, what would they be investing in? more of what they all ready have, it would not make any business sense.
      (if you want in on the action buy stock in the company),

it was an investment, not a hand out, there Idea is to spend the money and to bring more than they spend back into there bank accounts, than what when out, by selling there products there.

the same as you do if you plumbing a job, (you have invested in tools and truck) so you can sell your time and talent, to some one,
      if your a larger company you invest in tools and trucks and rent talent (workers) to do more projects and in hopes of making money off of the rented talent and tools, thus increasing your profits,

this company is world wide, they did there home area, then the next town and then the country, and many other countries of the world and now moving into yet another country (market place), (all they did was buy another truck and set of tools and hope to rent the right people to make it work).

IF they would have "invested it here" it may pay, but my guess is opening up this new territory is a better possibility than saturating there current areas with more of the same,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

It doesn't make sense to ship something like a 10 lb 12-pack of Pepsi that you charge $3 for from the US to Russia when you can make the same thing there. If they invest $1B in the USA are they really going to sell that much more Pepsi? I think the market is probably pretty saturated.

When they finish buying the bottling group (I think pretty much a foregone conclusion), that has the potential to cost some jobs in Westchester county since the PBG headquarters in Somer's would probably get folded into the main HQ in Rye.

Comment

COCA - COLA. Its the real thing. I was raised drinking Coke and suppose will always favor it. I have left Santa several over the years and he always drank it so it must be good if Santa likes it.

Comment

pepsi is great for cleaning your teeth. It will kill all the plaque, and properly applied, also the tooth

This is a picture of a tooth soaked in pepsi for 48 hours:

source.
            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Coke. Simple as that. C-O-K-E, Coke. God didn't invent the luscious nectar of a rum-and-Pepsi, it's a rum-and-Coke. Nothing tastes better, especially when imbibed with the perfect pairing of a ****n cigar.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                rum-and-Peps
                Why spoil a perfectly good alcoholic beverage?
                In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                  Why spoil a perfectly good alcoholic beverage?
                  Exactly.

Comment

For me rum and coke is too sweet.

I prefer a dark and stormy - dark rum and ginger beer (not ginger ale).

National drink in Bermuda, where I first had it years ago.

Comment

This is a picture of a tooth soaked in pepsi for 48 hours:

OMG, that is SCARY!

Pepsi is wayyyyy too sweet. I am a coke drinker. I am ashamed to say, but it is the only thing I drink. No water, milk, tea, etc... just coke!

Comment

Originally posted by cbj10206 View Post
                        OMG, that is SCARY!

Pepsi is wayyyyy too sweet. I am a coke drinker. I am ashamed to say, but it is the only thing I drink. No water, milk, tea, etc... just coke!
                        You gotta stop drinking all that soda! If that's really picture of you, you look good with nice white teeth, please take care of yourself. Trust me all that soda wil catch up with you someday. Water, teas, coffee even a beer or glass of wine gives your body a break.

Comment

Back in college, I studied abroad in Moscow for a semester. Ultimately, I think Pepsi isn't going to see a huge return on this investment. First of all, Russian culture is much more lax when it comes to alcohol consumption. When I was there, a liter of vodka went for under $5 US. Granted you couldn't be drinking vodka all day long like you could with coke / pepsi and remain a productive member of society, though that doesn't stop some people from trying.

Second point is that beer is also easily obtainable, and was not a whole lot more expensive than soft drinks. I remember seeing vending machines that would sell beer right along side the usual soft drink offerings. This really did not mean much since vending machines are not very well cared for in Moscow, and I bet most were broken or empty. It was much more convenient to get drinks from any of the hundreds of kiosks or sidewalk vendors.

Coke already has a strong presence in Russia also. If Russians happen to be in the mood for sweeter drinks, they tend to choose lighter, more fruity flavors as often as the classic Coke. Coke's Fanta products do very well there, and they even had flavors that I've never seen here. Fanta Lemon and Fanta Apple were pretty good.

To be successful, Pepsi can't just follow the same marketing scheme they used in the US. The whole "choice of the new generation" thing doesn't work when you are only appealing to a small and diminishing demographic.

Comment

Before I cut down a bit, I would drink about 6-10 cans of Coke a day. I think I'm gonna fall off the wagon January 1 though.

Comment

I drink 3 to 4 Coke Zero's a day, plus a Diet Coke at Subway.

I like Pepsi too, but I'd have to eat Taco Bell or KFC to get it. Too fattening. Trying to watch the weight (decrease not increase).

I prefer Coke Zero's for home. Better than Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.

I need to switch to water.

I think Pepsi is already established in the U.S. and is probably spending a lot here in advertising anyway. I'm sure their $1Billion ad gamble will pay off in Russia.

Looks like an American beer commercial.

Comment

Working...
                              X