X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh's Basement Repairs

Had a ton of fun last night crawling under my front porch to patch a nice crack in the basement wall. I dug down about 4 ft to the bottom of the crack. Luckily this crack isnt leaning in or out and isnt in a wet area but figured I should patch it anyways.

Also.. I had 2 more crack near the downspouts that I had to dig down to the bottom of and patch with hydraulic cement. Gotta love the freeze and thaw that happens up north

Rick wanted me to post pictures so here they are...

Laid out some cardboard to make it a bit more comfortable..

Dug down to the bottom of the crack... this was angled own into the hole so your not seeing the top of the crack...

Patched with Hydraulic Cement (not fun to mix under the porch )

This is the crack near the outside edge I patched the other night.. There is still one more crack on the other side of the porch I have to patch... still digging it up.

Far right side of front porch...

Patched...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Josh; 07-11-2009, 08:26 AM.

Re: Josh's Basement Repairs

now josh if you waited till september, we cold have fought over who got to do the repair

you know i would be the first one to dive in.

a k-60 with a 4 blade cutter makes a great cement mixer. even a better milk shake machine

nice photo log josh

you only have 400 more to catch up

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have some even better pics to post hopefully tonight. I spent 2 hrs trying to dig through cement hard clay. I have been pounding on the top of a pinch bar to loosen up the clay. Cant dig at all. I think I have 2 more bricks down to the foundation then I am patching the last crack up.

josh

Comment

Finally finished the last crack last night. First post updated ^^^

Comment

and who do you know that can allow for 6 attachments per post

marks been out of town, so it must be someone else higher up

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I don't know about the other cracks, but the one on the right side might have been caused by a couple of fat a$$es on your porch swing.

Maybe you should name it the Plumbers' Crack
            Last edited by plumberscrack; 07-11-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

The crack was right under your crack I always wondered what would cause that much stress on the foundation.

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              I don't know about the other cracks, but the one on the right side might have been caused by a couple of fat a$$es on your porch swing.

Comment

Hey Josh, You're doing great and how do you have time for everything. I hope you're not like someone I know that works 24/7/365 claiming he doesn't have time for sleep and has to work non stop.

Comment

I do work at home in spurts. When I have an unfinished job I typically think about it to much so the best solution is just to plow through it and get er done.

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                  Hey Josh, You're doing great and how do you have time for everything. I hope you're not like someone I know that works 24/7/365 claiming he doesn't have time for sleep and has to work non stop.
                  On a side note. We had big time flash flooding today along with some real consistent hard rain for about 2 hrs. All was well for the first 30 minutes or so then I found one more slow leak in the wall in an area I hadnt dug up. The places I did patch were pretty much dry. In the past they have been small creeks. Big difference but I still have one more deep dig to do :-/

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

And we wonder why Adam hates to be in pics.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

truthfully i remember hearing the beam above squeaking.

glad ben and charlie didn't try to squeeze in

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Comment

josh just called and he has to replace the drywall in his ceiling basement as we did do some structrual damage with the swing.

i think josh is going to keep us away from his house and his parents house next time.

no problem, we all could camp out in the school house tool room

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X