Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Things of Today

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
    Just learned I'm being offered a full-time position in IT contracted to the Coast Guard. It's a good day indeed!!
    Congrats!

Comment

My kids slept until 8:00AM.

I've got a really fun job. Today I'm playing around with an new algorithm and got the scheme I thought of yesterday working. It isn't a particularly useful application, but programming anything on the machine I'm playing with is a logic puzzle.

Comment

Just learned I'm being offered a full-time position in IT contracted to the Coast Guard. It's a good day indeed!!
        Congratulations ... Now how about a good happy howl?

Comment

Congrats Sandy, in this economy that really is an acomplishment.

Originally posted by cbj10206 View Post
          Yeah, that is what people keep telling me! I am sure once the last kid is gone, which she just turned three in June so we are still looking at a minimum of 15 more years, I will miss all the noise too! Though, it's kind of hard to imagine that I will miss anything while living in the moment of constant insanity! As a matter of fact, my kids live to torture me, God love them, so I cant see them ever leaving home.

FWIW, I love my kids more than life and no matter how mad they make me, or how crazy they make me, I know I will be even more of a basket case than I already am when they are all out on their own. I dread that day!
          Darlin, don't be dreading too much, just about the time your youngest is about to leave your nest the oldest will be asking Grandma to babysit! Trust me, you will never really know loneliness!
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post

Darlin, don't be dreading too much, just about the time your youngest is about to leave your nest the oldest will be asking Grandma to babysit! Trust me, you will never really know loneliness!
            Ick! I didnt think about that! As scary of a thought as this is, my oldest will be 18 next year, which is the same age as I was when she was born. The scary part is that at my current age (36), technically, I could be a grandmother!

I have one more thing to add to my "good day", which BTW, makes it an exceptionally good day. I am NOT a grandmother yet!!!!!

In no way do I mean for that to sound offensive to those that are grandparents, so please accept my apology if it reads that way.

Comment

Ick! I didnt think about that! As scary of a thought as this is, my oldest will be 18 next year, which is the same age as I was when she was born. The scary part is that at my current age (36), technically, I could be a grandmother!

I have one more thing to add to my "good day", which BTW, makes it an exceptionally good day. I am NOT a grandmother yet!!!!!

In no way do I mean for that to sound offensive to those that are grandparents, so please accept my apology if it reads that way.
              You would be a very young grandma indeed, the up side is that you will have a lot more energy than most in the same situation. I think the most touchy topic on this Forum is politics , other than that you should be okay. I am curious how you found this Forum and what makes it of interest to you?

Comment

Good things I can be happy about today.

I found that rather than having to replace a fancy switch panel on a wild electrical device that the problem was with poor connections which were pretty easy to fix. This saved me enough $$$ for several big bags of Hush Hound.

While a little warm today I'm glad we have had a few dry days and the prediction is for a few more dry days. It's past due for some drying outside.

I'm glad that the Freestate fuel stations around my area are trying hard to keep prices under control.

There are too many things to list here. Woussko = Lucky Old Howling Hound

Comment

No rain, three days in a row

Completely rebuilt the front end of my 78 MGB over the last two days.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    My kids slept until 8:00AM.

I've got a really fun job. Today I'm playing around with an new algorithm and got the scheme I thought of yesterday working. It isn't a particularly useful application, but programming anything on the machine I'm playing with is a logic puzzle.
                    Sounds like fun, actually! Congrats on getting the program working.
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      You would be a very young grandma indeed, the up side is that you will have a lot more energy than most in the same situation. I think the most touchy topic on this Forum is politics , other than that you should be okay. I am curious how you found this Forum and what makes it of interest to you?
                      Yeah, from the time I was born, I remember my dad's mom as always being old. I believe she was sixty when I was born and although I dont think 60 is old now, I most certainly did back then! As much as I loved my grandmother, she wasnt all that fun! It especially showed (her age and lack of fun) when I was tortured with episode after episode of Lawrence Welk and HeeHaw. However, she made the best biscuits and cheese toast that I have ever had! Hands-down! So yes, being a young grandmother will be a good thing.

I found this forum when searching for info on leak detectors. A friend asked me to list her husbands equiptment on Craigslist for $1500, but before doing so, I wanted to make sure that it was a reasonable price to ask for used equiptment. Sooooo, who better to ask than the experts? At the very least, I figured even if not one person on this board works in that particular trade, yall are far more knowledgeable and qualified to offer an opinion of it's worth than I. KWIM? Anyway, I figured that while I was here, I may as well check out the rest of the board. For the most part, tools and such are of zero interest to me. I am glad they exist, but I wouldnt want to wake up on Christmas morning only to open a mitre saw, or jack hammer, ya know? Now shoes and perfume, on the other hand...

Comment

Yeah, that is what people keep telling me! I am sure once the last kid is gone, which she just turned three in June so we are still looking at a minimum of 15 more years, I will miss all the noise too! Though, it's kind of hard to imagine that I will miss anything while living in the moment of constant insanity! As a matter of fact, my kids live to torture me, God love them, so I cant see them ever leaving home.

FWIW, I love my kids more than life and no matter how mad they make me, or how crazy they make me, I know I will be even more of a basket case than I already am when they are all out on their own. I dread that day!
                        No offense taken but my wife and I were married at 18-years old and had our 6th kid while I was still 26-years old. My kids waited to have kids until they got out of college so we became grand parents at 44-years old and now have 13-grand kids at the age of 56.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          No offense taken but my wife and I were married at 18-years old and had our 6th kid while I was still 26-years old. My kids waited to have kids until they got out of college so we became grand parents at 44-years old and now have 13-grand kids at the age of 56.

Mark
                          A BIG, GIANT Kudo's to you and your wife! It sounds like yall have a pretty awesome family!

Comment

Mark
                            The grandkids number - that sounds like a heck of a lot of babysitting and breaking up fights. Speaking of which.... does that number include Rick and Joey???

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              The grandkids number - that sounds like a heck of a lot of babysitting and breaking up fights. Speaking of which.... does that number include Rick and Joey???
                              Holy Cow I forgot all about Rick and Joey.

Actually we just got back from our family reunion and with kids, kid-in-laws and grand kids we had 25 of us. Once I get caught up I will post some pictures.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Holy Cow I forgot all about Rick and Joey.

How in the heck could you forget about Rick??!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X