X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Things of Today

I think it's way past time to have a "What Is Good About Today" thread on here so here goes.

Here where I am the weather outside is pretty nice. It's sunny and warm but not real hot or muggy which is the norm for this time of year around here. The lawn is nice and green as are most plants and trees. Things are rather quiet around the neighborhood so that's nicer than having everyone mowing the lawn at 7am on Saturday morning. LOL

Today I only had one telemarketer phone call and Caller ID showed that so it went to voice mail. No message was left.

How about if everyone that sees this thread posts about something good that happened to them? I expect this thread should be a nice place to visit. Please post about what good things happened to you today. Thanks in advance

Re: Good Things of Today

I woke up, that's always a great start to the day. I'm not in a hospital either!
    Family is well and not to sound corny I live in the greatest country and beautiful neighborhood. I have my wife's van being fixed by a mechanic I trust and that makes for a good thing too. Weather doesn't bother me, rain or shine it's all good. I'm posting on a Forum with some real good folks and that's another good thing about today. Think I'll go play with my chainsaws, couldn't ask for a better day.

Comment

The weather is awesome. Not too cold not to warm and it's sunny.
      Chatted with my daughter (she's overseas).
      Got my mileage money for June (that'll be a few times more than it actually cost me) so I'm ready to look for a bandsaw
      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

The weather we've had lately has been pretty nice, Woussko

I feel the dog days of August will be here soon

Finished work early and missed most of the afternoon rush hour traffic

Turn on the TV and see Marion Barry holding another press conference

That's ALWAYS good for a laugh

Comment

I'm still able to laugh.

I was doing the monthly sales tax and I couldn't believe the bank's statement of deposits for June. I started to pull all the invoices to add 'em up, when it occurred to me that a bank would never, ever overstate deposits!
          (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

It is still early (9am), but so far the best part of my day has been being able to enjoy the silence of a quiet house for the past hour and a half while my kids sleep. With 5 of them screaming, yelling, or fighting all day, every day, silence is like music to my worn out, beaten down, tired ears.

Comment

Originally posted by cbj10206 View Post
              It is still early (9am), but so far the best part of my day has been being able to enjoy the silence of a quiet house for the past hour and a half while my kids sleep. With 5 of them screaming, yelling, or fighting all day, every day, silence is like music to my worn out, beaten down, tired ears.
              Welcome to the Forum! Years from now you will think back to this time in your life and miss all those little kids who ran you ragged. Enjoy each moment they pass all too fast. Seems like yesterday I was teaching my daughters to rollerskate and ride their bikes, now one is half way through high school and the other is just about to graduate college. The house is way too quiet and I miss the noise.

Comment

It's about yesterday but what a day for me.
                There was a garage sale. A guy wanted $350 for a General 90-125 bandsaw (retails at $1000) locally. I brought the price down to $300 on the account of surface rust and a coffee mug ring on the table. The saw came with a riser block kit and 3 brand news blades.

I little elbow grease, some tuning, a couple youtube instructional clips and a 5 hours later I became a proud owner of a decent BS with a nice table, shiny as a mirror. OK, perhaps a so and so mirror.

The saw passes the nickel test and appears to cut nicely. Even resawing, with the stock blade and using my nonexistent bandsawing skills, was acceptable (to me)

Now I need to learn how to really use it.
                In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I am sure the quiet time is welcomed cbj. However Amen to Frankiarmz the quiet times will come soon enough. My babies are all grown and gone. Two are in other states and doing well for themselves but the days of running here and there are gone. I miss hearing the squabbles of my turn on the telephone (before cell phones) or hurry up I need in the bathroom. As Archie and Edith sang Those were the days. I miss those days very much.

Comment

I woke up to nookie. That's gotta be a good start.

Comment

Family is healthy (mostly)

Knees havent given out (yet)

Still have most of my hair (although the spot is growing)

Air condition is working (hot as hell outside)

No Hurricane to evacuate from (hoping for the best)

Phone just rang with a job (going to go get some money)

So far so good.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Welcome to the Forum! Years from now you will think back to this time in your life and miss all those little kids who ran you ragged. Enjoy each moment they pass all too fast. Seems like yesterday I was teaching my daughters to rollerskate and ride their bikes, now one is half way through high school and the other is just about to graduate college. The house is way too quiet and I miss the noise.

Yeah, that is what people keep telling me! I am sure once the last kid is gone, which she just turned three in June so we are still looking at a minimum of 15 more years, I will miss all the noise too! Though, it's kind of hard to imagine that I will miss anything while living in the moment of constant insanity! As a matter of fact, my kids live to torture me, God love them, so I cant see them ever leaving home.

FWIW, I love my kids more than life and no matter how mad they make me, or how crazy they make me, I know I will be even more of a basket case than I already am when they are all out on their own. I dread that day!

Comment

Let's see....

Started the day with 2 scheduled calls- phone hasn't rang once.

I went to leave the shop to pick up some things for tomorrow, truck isn't running right/ check engine soon light, drove straight to the auto shop

Been going to a chiro for the past week to try and straighten out 12 yrs of back problems. Somedays it feels good, somedays it don't. Today, it don't. 2:30 pm for my crackin'.

Oh yeah. It's a great day.

Comment

My hangover is gone......

Comment

Just learned I'm being offered a full-time position in IT contracted to the Coast Guard. It's a good day indeed!!
                              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X