X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 100 Predicitions

Brock Lesnar VS Frank Mir-Brock Lesnar by TKO in 1st round-Mir gets cocky and Lesnar catches him with with a haymaker

Thigo Alves VS GSP-GSP by decision-Both are to good and balance each other out.

Dan Henderson VS Michael Bisbing- Henderson by TKO in 2nd Round-Bisbing just really isn't that good

Stephen Bonner VS Mark Coleman-Bonner by KO in 1st round-Coleman retires
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: UFC 100 Predicitions

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Brock Lesnar VS Frank Mir-Brock Lesnar by TKO in 1st round-Mir gets cocky and Lesnar catches him with with a haymaker

Thigo Alves VS GSP-GSP by decision-Both are to good and balance each other out.

Dan Henderson VS Michael Bisbing- Henderson by TKO in 2nd Round-Bisbing just really isn't that good

Stephen Bonner VS Mark Coleman-Bonner by KO in 1st round-Coleman retires
    Lesnar doesn't get lucky and Mir (the better mixed martial artist) wins by submission, I think.
    Haven't seen Alves fight too much but if GSP is still hungry and hasn't been partying, I'd give him the edge, I think
    I hope Henderson kicks his arrogant butt!
    Bonner gets hit too much and seems to run out of steam, can't call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Lesnar doesn't get lucky and Mir (the better mixed martial artist) wins by submission, I think.
      Haven't seen Alves fight too much but if GSP is still hungry and hasn't been partying, I'd give him the edge, I think
      I hope Henderson kicks his arrogant butt!
      Bonner gets hit too much and seems to run out of steam, can't call it.
      Just read the results and followed a live blog of the Lesnar fight.
      Lesnar dominated Mir/2nd round TKO
      GSP/dominated ALves/decision
      Henderson/2nd round knockout! (guess the count can be knocked out).
      Bonner lost

Comment

The lesnar fight was scary. Lesnar essentially held Mir down and punched him in the face. It was nothing exciting, just pure domination. I can say that the only challenge Lesnar will face is from Fedor. Lesnar is pigheaded enough to leave UFC just to fight Fedor. I was really disappointed in the way Lesnar acted during that fight. A champion doesn't act the way he did and certainly doesn't give fans the finger. He needs to learn to act like the champ inside the ring and out. The scariest thing with Lesnar is that he's big enough to kill someone. I hope this never happens but people are turned on by his size but if the unthinkable ever happened......it would spell big problems for MMA.

The Henderson KO was beautiful. Bisping didn't know what happened for awhile.

GSP dominated Alves. Alves looks big on his own but when GSP was next to him, it looked about equal. I think GSP has such a broad back and waistline, it makes his arms look small but he was right at the same size as Alves.

They never showed the Coleman fight but I heard he won.

So here's my record: Lesnar won by TKO in 2nd round; I said the 1st round

GSP fight-I was exactly right

Henderson won by KO in 2nd round, I said he would win in 2nd round by TKO.

Coleman fight-I was 100% wrong and am glad coleman finally won again in the UFC.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          The lesnar fight was scary. Lesnar essentially held Mir down and punched him in the face. It was nothing exciting, just pure domination. I can say that the only challenge Lesnar will face is from Fedor. Lesnar is pigheaded enough to leave UFC just to fight Fedor. I was really disappointed in the way Lesnar acted during that fight. A champion doesn't act the way he did and certainly doesn't give fans the finger. He needs to learn to act like the champ inside the ring and out. The scariest thing with Lesnar is that he's big enough to kill someone. I hope this never happens but people are turned on by his size but if the unthinkable ever happened......it would spell big problems for MMA.

The Henderson KO was beautiful. Bisping didn't know what happened for awhile.

GSP dominated Alves. Alves looks big on his own but when GSP was next to him, it looked about equal. I think GSP has such a broad back and waistline, it makes his arms look small but he was right at the same size as Alves.

They never showed the Coleman fight but I heard he won.

So here's my record: Lesnar won by TKO in 2nd round; I said the 1st round

GSP fight-I was exactly right

Henderson won by KO in 2nd round, I said he would win in 2nd round by TKO.

Coleman fight-I was 100% wrong and am glad coleman finally won again in the UFC.
          Good post, I agree about Lesnar. I still think his size and strength are not enough to sustain him against better fighters. I have a feeling because of his attitude and wrecking power he is also at risk of being maimed. Anyone who could get him in a hold and break a arm, leg, ankle or whatever would be doing the rest of the fighters a favor. Would Mir have released Lesnar from the leg lock of the first fight had he known how Lesnar would have conducted himself in the future? I have to wonder if the bad guy act is a carryover from his wrestling years? The damage he is inflicting sure isn't an act. Thanks for the details.

Comment

I predict that George Foreman will come out of retirement, and grill all of their azzes to the mat.

Comment

The Lesnar fight was sickening to me. I hate bullies and that is all that Lesnar is. It was like watching a big brother beating on his little brother. The weight difference between them makes it too uneven. The question in the end is who is really a better fighter and Lesnar is just a genetic freak of nature. He couldn't teach a small person how to fight--Mir could. Is Lesnar ever going to be able to teach someone how to weigh nearly 300lbs and lay on a guy smaller than him and pound him? I also think he set the sport back a bit with his BS at the end. I don't watch WWE anymore and I don't think the theatrics or acting like a villain is interesting, just stupid.

Dana White is confident that after Fedor's next fight coming up when his contract is up with Affliction he will sign him in the UFC. He says he will approach him with an open wallet and make the Lesnar/Fedor fight happen.

I have to wonder if Alves cut too much weight, they say he lost and regained nearly 30 lbs. He weighed in at 170 and was almost 200 the next day on fight night. I don't take a thing away from GSP--he is a phenominon, but Alves did not look at all himself.

Henderson---nice work is all I can say.

E.
              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                The Lesnar fight was sickening to me. I hate bullies and that is all that Lesnar is. It was like watching a big brother beating on his little brother.
                Great analogy. I read that the winner of the Carwin vs Velaquez fight will face lesnar. At that point fedor will go against the winner. The media is making carwin to be some giant killer but it seems his claim to fame is that his hands are bigger than brock's.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Lesnar seems out of place in the UFC, of course he has skills beyond being very big and powerful but that mean, nasty attitude goes against what the UFC has shown us. I think Dana would be glad to see Lesnar go, unless Lesnar is bringing in the payperview crowd? You guys remember Bob Sapp? Giant of a guy won with brute force, and there have been other giants in the game but they don't last. I also agree that Lesnar could have deadly power, especially if he switches from those hammerfists to straight punches. Imagine the force behind a straight punch as opposed to those arm punches? Fedor is real good, but he gets hit. I don't know if he could beat Lesnar?

Comment

Working...
                  X