Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is enough - enough!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When is enough - enough!

    When your total tax burden state, local and federal reaches 50% of your income?

    When a carton of cigarettes costs 50 bucks?

    When unemployment hits 10%?

    When it costs more to register your daughters car than you paid for it?

    When you finally add up all the taxes, fees, fines, increases and forced donations and realize that you only get to take home about 35 cents for every dollar you earn?

    When you have finally had enough, what are you going to do about it?
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: When is enough - enough!

    [QUOTE=

    When you have finally had enough, what are you going to do about it?[/QUOTE]

    post it on the ridgid forum

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When is enough - enough!

      When is enough enough?

      Same as it's always been.

      Same as during the height of the Roman Empire.

      Same as during the height of the British Empire.

      Same as during the height of any Empire.

      Enough is enough when the masses are finally dissatisfied to the point of taking action against their oppressors.

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When is enough - enough!

        Posting here helps, but seriously NHM asks a good question. What can we really do to make a difference? Wait until next election and hope the republicans will not make things worse? I'm not being sarcastic. We got to the trillion dollar trade deficit, exporting of American jobs and importing of just about all our consumer goods with the help of both parties. Bailouts, stimulus monies wasted when we needed jobs of substance. We are in debt to communist china and grow the economy of other countries while we weaken our own. We refuse to secure our borders and resolve the millions of illegals burdening our economy. Enough has been enough for a long time, we are past the point of asking that question. We are there/here, now what?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When is enough - enough!

          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          When it costs more to register your daughters car than you paid for it?
          When you're thankful NYS doesn't charge you an extra convenience fee for renewing a registration on the Internet, just the $75 for the two years.

          For parking tickets, NYC charges a fee to do it online ... even though it is cheaper for them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When is enough - enough!

            We should do what the Iranians are doing. Taking it to the streets.

            With their theocracy they wont get what they want, but its the thought that counts.

            With enough numbers, protesting would work for us.

            When is the protest?

            Oh, I'm sorry, I wont be able to make it. Their is a Michael Jackson Special coming on that I want to watch.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When is enough - enough!

              Hey, you ever take part in a protest against US policy? It works. The Anti-Immigration and the Tea Party are 2 shiny and very recent examples of protests that work.

              Look how quick they backed down on any immigration bill that offered amnesty. The Tea Party stopped that mortgage bail-out for Obama's deadbeats cold.

              You need a better platform than cigarettes and tax on your 4th car, though, and employment is at 90%.

              If you are making a 35% profit or paying yourself 35% of gross, that ain't bad. If it ain't enough, make more or cut expenses.
              Last edited by Drip Trip; 07-13-2009, 10:42 PM.
              (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When is enough - enough!

                Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                When your total tax burden state, local and federal reaches 50% of your income?

                When a carton of cigarettes costs 50 bucks?

                When unemployment hits 10%?

                When it costs more to register your daughters car than you paid for it?

                When you finally add up all the taxes, fees, fines, increases and forced donations and realize that you only get to take home about 35 cents for every dollar you earn?

                When you have finally had enough, what are you going to do about it?
                Welcome to Canada and socialized medicine
                sigpic
                www.uandiplumbing.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When is enough - enough!

                  Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  When you're thankful NYS doesn't charge you an extra convenience fee for renewing a registration on the Internet, just the $75 for the two years.

                  For parking tickets, NYC charges a fee to do it online ... even though it is cheaper for them.

                  You need to move to NJ if you want to pay extra to register your vehicle over the 'net.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When is enough - enough!

                    Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                    Hey, you ever take part in a protest against US policy? It works. The Anti-Immigration and the Tea Party are 2 shiny and very recent examples of protests that work.

                    Look how quick they backed down on any immigration bill that offered amnesty. The Tea Party stopped that mortgage bail-out for Obama's deadbeats cold.

                    You need a better platform than cigarettes and tax on your 4th car, though, and employment is at 90%.

                    If you are making a 35% profit or paying yourself 35% of gross, that ain't bad. If it ain't enough, make more or cut expenses.

                    Make more they take more and a higher rate!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X