Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you seen any of these movies?

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    The anniversary is just for her! Don't even think you have any part in it other than doing what she wants. Last chick flick I saw with my wife was Sex and the City. It was torture and when one of the character's husband cheated on her after they had not had sex in over six months, I cheered! I yelled at the screen he has nothing to apologize for, she should beg for his foregiveness! My wife doesn't like taking me to the movies.

How to get out of Chick flicks 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      Can I assume you have seen it? I heard it is good and about years gone by and gangsters. I may see it soon. I read that Johnny Depp is the lead actor as John Dillinger.
      Yes, and he does great in the role, as does Christian Bale (and I'm not an overly big fan of his), and the female lead (she was nominated for an Oscar in a French subtitled movie a bit ago, La Vie en Rose, or something like that) she does very good as well. It's quite well done - a neat take on the "typical" gangster movie.

And I also second the nomination for Gran Torino. Mrs. Canucksartech and I rented that the other night, and we were both very pleased with it. Clint Eastwood plays one hell of a jackass, but he's a jackass that you don't mind rooting for. It's very well done also. Well worth the cost of a rental.

Comment

I've seen Gran Torino and actually it was some time back when it came to a special movie theatre near me that runs test movies before the big chains like AMC or Regal get them. As for Public Enemies, I got to see it the other day and recommend it to anyone that knows something about gangster movies. It sure isn't something for young children or weak hearted seniors.

Comment

I haven't seen any of these movies but of the ones listed I'm looking forward to seeing "Bruno".

"Borat" was a great comedy IMO and "Bruno" is made by the same guy.

I heard that in one scene he runs naked through a crowd of "God Hates Fags" idiots, which sounds hilarious to me.

Homophobes will miss out.

I'd also like to see "Public Enemy"

I will have to wait to they come out on DVD and watch on my home theater. I dont go to the movies anymore. Teenagers on cell phones, then running up and down the stairs, and people rattling candy bags while smacking their lips during the movie drives me insane.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

The anniversary is just for her! Don't even think you have any part in it other than doing what she wants. Last chick flick I saw with my wife was Sex and the City. It was torture and when one of the character's husband cheated on her after they had not had sex in over six months, I cheered! I yelled at the screen he has nothing to apologize for, she should beg for his foregiveness! My wife doesn't like taking me to the movies.

I am starting realize that. I am still figuring out this being married thing it's only been a little over four years.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
              I am starting realize that. I am still figuring out this being married thing it's only been a little over four years.
              You're still in the honeymoon stage. Here's some free advice or observations that might help and God knows every marriage can use help. Men and women do think differently and when trying to make your case or point on a given subject chances are you will be using "reason" whereas most women (I know I'm generalizing) operate on emotion. You can't use reason against emotion! Women don't forget a thing. Drop a tree on the house or run over their Mom and years later they will still remember!

Comment

Just so you know...."husband years" are similar to "dog years" except the ratio is 3:1 instead of 7:1.

So you've been married 12 in husband years.

Comment

Drop a tree on the house or run over their Mom and years later they will still remember!
                  Or mix it up a bit, and drop a house on their Mom, and just call her the "Wicked Witch of the West"!

Comment

Working...
                  X