Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with Cookie Dough

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    The funny thing is all the people who ate the raw cookie dough and meat in the old days didn't get sick. Or the people who thawed their meat on the counter.

Why do people get sick from it now?

We have destroyed our immune systems with antibiotics and anti bacterial soaps etc...

People from Mexico can't drink the water here!

I love Sushi!
    Last edited by EasyEman; 07-27-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

My mother treated me like a Greek God and placed a burnt offering before me at every meal.
      It wasn't until I left home did I realize what food really was....
      Today my motto is.."if I can't identify it..I won't eat it!"

Mexican food for example I won't eat it...the stuff is red, orange, brown, yellow, and green....and all looks like it has been pre-eaten ...ugh! re-fried beans..my description of that belongs in the plumbing section!

With my background I will eat herring, lox & bagels and anchovies etc. but sushi..I'll pass..Then sushi in Arizona is just wrong!

On the other hand you can't find a good kaiser roll in Arizona either!

Cactus Man

Comment

If you don't eat Mexican food in San Antonio you are asked to leave the city.

Comment

a nicely marbled steak cooked just long enough on each side to warm it all the way through. If its an aged cut of meat, maybe a sprinkle of kosher salt on each side before cooking.....

afk drooling
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            a nicely marbled steak cooked just long enough on each side to warm it all the way through. If its an aged cut of meat, maybe a sprinkle of kosher salt on each side before cooking.....

afk drooling
            I like it should be cold and red in the center, with just enough of a searing on the outside to give it a some flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Get ready......ready...........here it is.........pudding skin. So good make you slap yo momma. Also, am I the only one that ate elmers paste? Or the plastic around your bologna meat?
              ROTFL,I thought the elmer's paste WAS food! Why waste it on paper? Chocolate pudding skin with heavy whipping cream on top. I still pour heavy cream on my chocolate icecream, maybe I should add some bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                I like it should be cold and red in the center, with just enough of a searing on the outside to give it a some flavor.
                Excuse me? You are usually so eloquent. Must be the thought of the meat turning your brain to mush.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                  Because people are pansies now.

Back in my day we'd stare directly at the sun for entertainment
                  Intestinal fortitude! I believe it has a lot to do with one's strength, sorry to say childhood surgeries did me in. I get cramps drinking water! They just don't make folks the way they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Intestinal fortitude! I believe it has a lot to do with one's strength, sorry to say childhood surgeries did me in. I get cramps drinking water! They just don't make folks the way they used to.
                    I had to surrender my gall bladder about 2 years ago and since then the bacon cheeseburger has been a harsh mistress...........so have several other meals.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                      I had to surrender my gall bladder about 2 years ago and since then the bacon cheeseburger has been a harsh mistress...........as well as several other things.
                      Lost my gallbladder at age 7. I can eat junk foods, fatty stuff but with all the scar tissue wrapped around by intestines I can't eat even a small handfull of grapes or cherrys without risking a painful blockage or surgery. I would trade all the junk food in the world to be able to eat fruits and vegetables like a healthy person. You folks are blessed.

Comment

CPW, you talk of steak. They got this marinated chicken quarters down here that's so good I haven't had steak in almost a month. It's so good it doesn't even taste like chicken. Hmmmmm.......haven't seen many cats or dogs in the area lately.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

yeah, if I steak isn't bloody rare, it's a waste of a cut of meat to me.

I make a brine/brown sugar solution and soak chicken in it overnight, then grill it until the outside caramelizes with the brown sugar. The salt keeps the inside nice and tender... yeah, that stuffs awesome.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Mrs. Canucksartech every once in a while will eat a frozen chunk of the pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough (the Pillsbury stuff in the plastic tube). She'll eat that when she gets a chocolate/cold craving, but then she complains about needing to eat healthy, more water, going to the gym, etc., etc.

Me? My thing is a good steak, and/or a good slab or ribs (you can't beat some good seafood either. Hell, just any kind of meat!!!), followed off by a nice dark rum and coke with a Cuban cigar. She can yell at me all she wants about red meat and such, but as long as we each have our things, all's good. But my sort-of gross thing is giant green olives, stuffed with chunks of blue cheese - that and pickled asparagus and beets. Mmmmmm.

Comment

"sort-of"?

Comment

Working...
                              X