X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Cookie Dough

I just finished a bowl of cookie dough icecream (my food nightcap) and was thinking how crazy our eating habits and food choices have become. We just can't wait to eat the chocolate chip cookie, no we have to eat the raw dough! When did this impatient trend start and what's next, raw fish Life was so simple when I was young and choices so few. Vanilla, chocolate and maybe strawberry icecream, unless of course someone was graduating high school and you were at an icecream parlor. A hamburger was fancy if it had cheese and onions, now it's barely recognizable. Even candy has been corrupted, kids don't want a snickers bar or some other chocolate confection, they have been drawn into the taste of sour and the more sour the better. I'm glad my kids are older, I had fun making sure their Halloween candy was safe. They always had plenty of goodies back then to share with Dad, now I would have to pass, "No thanks kid, you keep your candy".

Re: Problem with Cookie Dough

If you never ate raw cookie dough when you were a kid your mom must have banned you from the kitchen.

They just learned to to combine two awesome treats.

Sour candy sucks. I think it's more about proving how tough you are by eating it. Kind of like drinking coffee.

Comment

Not to hijack this thread but have any of you ever eaten raw Silver Queen corn on the cob right after picking it? It's very good hot too, but after trying it raw I can see why dogs and cows love it raw. If you're wondering I cleaned it up nice before eating it. Be sure NO soap. LOL

Comment

My favorite as a kid was peeling a potato washing it and eating it. Never made it to the stove. Might try 1 tonite just to go down memory lane.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
          If you never ate raw cookie dough when you were a kid your mom must have banned you from the kitchen.
          Exactly. Sometimes the raw doghh is better than the cooked thing, at least in small quantities. I also like cake batter.

Comment

Originally posted by cdia1960 View Post
            My favorite as a kid was peeling a potato washing it and eating it. Never made it to the stove. Might try 1 tonight just to go down memory lane.
            Really good home made potato salad is made with raw potatoes cut up. Hint: Plow you a garden and raise you own so you know the history of the potatoes you eat.
            Last edited by Woussko; 07-27-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              Exactly. Sometimes the raw doghh is better than the cooked thing, at least in small quantities. I also like cake batter.
              If it taste good eat it! Personally, I wouldn't risk eating the raw stuff nowadays. I've eaten hundreds of raw eggs in milkshakes to bulk up but it was risky. I'll admit brownie batter is tempting

Comment

Mmmm.... brownie batter and Jello skin

As a kid, I used to sprinkle salt on raw hamburger meat for a quick snack. WTF! was I thinking?

Comment

I ate an untold number of cannibal sandwiches in my time and look at me now. God, I loved those. I have one every now and again just for old times sake.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

geez.........we need a different thread for you raw meat eaters.

Maybe it can be called "Disgusting things".

Comment

Anyone that eats raw meat or fish had best get to a good medical clinic and be tested for intestinal parasites.
                      Think of having worms inside you. COOK your food.

Comment

The funny thing is all the people who ate the raw cookie dough and meat in the old days didn't get sick. Or the people who thawed their meat on the counter.

Why do people get sick from it now?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Because people are pansies now.

Back in my day we'd stare directly at the sun for entertainment

Comment

MSD, I think its because some Washington politician attached a piece of pork to some do nothing piece of legislation that funded a not needed study to look into what might or might not happen if someone did or didn't (insert whatever you'd like here) do with a piece of (again insert whatever you'd like here) and that study said we shouldn't do it so we take it as gospel that it must be true. At least I think that's what happened.
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Get ready......ready...........here it is.........pudding skin. So good make you slap yo momma. Also, am I the only one that ate elmers paste? Or the plastic around your bologna meat?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X