X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild weather in Atlanta, GA

Get a look at this wild lightening picture from The Weather Channel which was sent to them by a weather chaser in the Atlanta, GA area.
    Mama Nature must have had some wild fun playing with huge fireworks.

Re: Wild weather in Atlanta, GA

That is most likely the result of a multiple or timed exposure.

Use a tripod, lock the shutter open, and cover the lens with a piece of cardboard, removing it each time there is a flash, and you'll get the same result. Easier to do with a film camera than digital cameras of today. But I guess you could do a HDR(High Dynamic Range) image by combining multiple shots taken from the same spot with a tripod mounted digital camera.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      That is most likely the result of a multiple or timed exposure.

Use a tripod, lock the shutter open, and cover the lens with a piece of cardboard, removing it each time there is a flash, and you'll get the same result. Easier to do with a film camera than digital cameras of today. But I guess you could do a HDR(High Dynamic Range) image by combining multiple shots taken from the same spot with a tripod mounted digital camera.
      Ah, an old film guy? Ever rewind the film to re-expose? No disrespect to the Digital folks but there is something about film that is almost alive. Hope film will always be used and appreciated.

Comment

Ever rewind the film to re-expose?
        Yup, I've done it both ways, accidentally AND on purpose.

Used to play with 4x5 sheet film to do these types of tricks many times in our HS photography club. We had an old war surplus Speed Graphic along with a couple TLRs and a nice darkroom setup.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X