Congressional Response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressional Response

I got a response from my congressman, all hype about legislation to fix health care and stimulate the economy. I sent the following response.

Dear Congressman Himes,

I appreciate your response but respectfully disagree with the proposed legislation and recovery efforts. Whether it is healthcare reform or economic stimulus to generate new jobs, the money to pay for these programs is generated from within our county through taxes. We are still losing jobs and American dollars in the world economy, and I believe unless this problem is addressed there will be no sustainable recovery. While efforts are being made to extend loans and credit to Americans, our consumer dollars are leaving the USA never to return. We are a society that makes nothing we consume and supports illegals who do not contribute to the tax base. I did vote a solid democratic line to protest bad government decisions and see if positive change was possible, but I am not encouraged and will not support higher taxes and more government programs. The American voting public will not stand for more waste and bad decisions. Best of luck and please make the most of your opportunity to represent the people.

Re: Congressional Response

To which your representative replied "screw him" and promptly threw you letter in the trash.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      To which your representative replied "screw him" and promptly threw you letter in the trash.
      You're probably right. He is a first termer and I guarantee it will be his last if he blindly follows the party. I may be only one voter, but the same people who elected him will take him out.

Comment

You know these guys only make about 175 large a year, plus housing expenses, best heath care policy in the world, perks up the butt so why should they listen to us?
        sigpic

Comment

They don't listen to us because they think they have the power. In reality the people have the power and we can fire them. The problem I have is that it's often trying to vote for the lesser of the two evils.

Comment

We are really lucky to have a great Congressman in our District.

http://mckeon.house.gov/

I have known him for 30+ years and he has always served our community. He started out on our local School Board, then was our first Mayor when our city was incorporated. He holds telephone "Town Hall Meetings" where you can call in while he is having a conference call and ask any question you want. He is very popular in our area, so for his popularity the Democrats in California redrew his Congressional District to try to get rid of him. He went from a District he could cover in an hour drive to a District which is over 8 hours to get from one corner to the other and you would miss most of the District.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/find...CA&district=25

The Democrats dirty tricks did not work as he still won but had to get the support of people who had no idea of who he was or what he had done. He is still doing a great job but now spends more time traveling which takes away from the good work he could be doing. I guess that's the price you pay in California for supporting your constituents and doing a good job.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X