X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First afternoon in DC

I was determined to only take carry on luggage. A novelty I only get to take advantage of when not traveling with Rick. He was worried the jetter nozzle I was bringing for Bill would set off the metal detector. As back up, I was fully prepared to break into the toffee I brought for Bill and Anita(Plumberscrack and wife) to bribe security. Turned out to not be necessary!

THANKS BILL & ANITA!!!

Bill picked me up at the airport and brought me to my hotel to check in. The plan was to meet Anita for dinner. My friend arrived at the same time and she joined us.

Bill took us to OYA. It was an amazingly beautiful restaurant with awesome food. 3 course dinner for $21--unheard of in L.A.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but there is a rose wall waterfall in the back of the restaurant! I kept taking a bite of food and then saying this is so good I need to take a picture. So you will notice a bite missing in each picture.

Crack, you know I'm calling you if I get lost tomorrow!
    Attached Files
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Re: First afternoon in DC

I would like to spend a while on the East Coast just taking in the history.
    Hopefully work won't hog all the time up.

Thanks Bill and Anita

Comment

Bill,

You best take care of Joey for us or you will be banned for life from the West Coast.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have been here many times before. So if I don't see stuff I won't be too disappointed. Which reminds me, just as Rick would have done. . . . in the middle of dinner Mr. Inappropriate blurts out "so have you looked up your old boyfriend yet to let him know you are in town?"

I think it was payback because I told Anita he had no clue what she does for a living!
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

sure i warmed up corn dogs from the last time you left out of town

i hope you got a doggybag for me

there's a reason why joey is good in geography

bill, no worries, she can dish it out too

joey, see what bill is practicing on for the roundup

see you friday

rick.
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-29-2009, 12:37 AM.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Joey

Watch out for the wild pop-up thunderstorms some of which can be very strong. It's that time of year around here when Mama Nature throws her temper tantrums.

Bill, Try to get Joey out and about. She won't believe all the over building going on.

Comment

No worries, Joey is in good hands here

Yea, OYA is the best kept secrete in D.C. (at least until you posted it all over the internet )

Comment

Rick, I'm sorry

I had to work today and left Joey alone for just a few hours. So while you were eating leftover corndogs, she informed me that she found a Nordstroms nearby. I'm not sure how this could have happened She should have been at the conference all afternoon.

signed,

~Mr. Inappropriate
                Last edited by plumberscrack; 07-29-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

no worries bill as she has limited luggage space. unless she tosses her shoes, she won't be bringing back too much.

i'm late for dinner.

microwave is beeping

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    no worries bill as she has limited luggage space. unless she tosses her shoes, she won't be bringing back too much.

i'm late for dinner.

microwave is beeping

rick.
                    Getting better all the time.

J.C.

Comment

I had time to kill beftween registration and the start of my conference. I sensed that a mall was nearby and it had a Nordstrom in it.

Rick, now that I gave Crackers his candy I have enough room for a pair of shoes in my carry-on. Plus, Nordstrom's ships!

We ate dinner at a cajun restaurant called Acadiana. Janet and I kept whispering to each other that it wasn't as good as Oya!

It poured on and off all day. I forgot how much I love the freedom of the subway system here. I can easily go anywhere!
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Joey

Did Bill get you a well loaded up SMART TRIP card for use on METRO rail and bus?

You need to have him take you to a lunch or dinner at Alphio's a good Italian restaurant in Friendship Heights MD just over the DC line. It's not super but I bet all of you would enjoy it. You would think you're in downtown NYC with all the wild building doing on.
                        Last edited by Woussko; 07-29-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                          Joey

Did Bill get you a well loaded up SMART TRIP card for use on METRO rail and bus?
                          Nope. I was smart enough to do it on my own.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I almost forgot about my subway adventure on my way back from KaBOOM! As my friend and I were waiting for the subway someone pinched my tush! As I turned around to yell at the person I noticed a red tipped cane and a man's voice apologizing.

My friend kept saying she saw a movie with a guy who pretended to be blind walking in subways with a cane going around grabbing girls boobs and pinching their tush's.

I couldn't stop laughing. I guess we will never know if he was really blind or not, but I couldn't yell at him just in case he really was.
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Honest my white cane and dark glasses you saw at the house were part of a larger lot which I purchased in an auction. I have never used them outside of the house.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X