Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good for the Poor

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
    I'm seeing some "clunkers" on the lots. I wonder if all these "trade-ins" will make it to the crusher or resold? I doubt the feds have the capability to check on every trade-in.
    I posted earlier that the criminals in the salvage business will be doing VIN# switches. Plenty of those so called clunkers look and run better than most cars on the road, they will not be crushed.

Comment

I can't help but wonder if those trading in cars which are worth less than $4,500 can afford to buy a new $20,000+ vehicle. It will be interesting to watch the repo rates to see what they do.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'd like to buy a new vehicle, but I can't afford it as I am subsidizing the purchases of everyone
        else's replacements for their past poor purchase decisions to the tune of $4500 a pop.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          I'd like to buy a new vehicle, but I can't afford it as I am subsidizing the purchases of everyone
          else's replacements for their past poor purchase decisions to the tune of $4500 a pop.
          Bob, I'm with you all the way but it goes beyond bad purchase decisions in my opinion. There's no lack of folks who just don't take care of their cars and that impacts the performance and lifespan of the cars. MY wife has a 1998 ford windstar. The mini van has had some problems and a good deal of upkeep on my part. I change parts as they go bad and keep up with fluid and filter changes, I do regular brake jobs and make sure the tires are never worn down to an unsafe level. One of my wife's girlfriend's owned a newer model of the same vehicle and with half the mileage her van needed to be junked. Unless you have a real lemon, it is so much cheaper to take care of a put some money into repairs rather than take on a car loan. I have seen $ 30 and $40,000 SUV's and cars three or four years old with bald tires and scratch my head in disbelief. My life rides on those tires and they are a priority. What the heck is wrong with people?

Comment

Working...
          X