Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So What's Up With This?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    The info came straight off the govt's site. Beck just re-printed it.

How much for the bridge and where is it? Can I see a clear title?
    I will accept a reasonable offer. Look for the title in Glen Beck's column.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I too would be interested in the bridge. I have a piece of property which is not accessible at this time and a bridge would be great.

Mark
      I can get you in touch with the contractor that built the first 35W bridge in Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        I can get you in touch with the contractor that built the first 35W bridge in Minneapolis.
        A neighbor of mine in Utah was the project manger for this:

The problem is I just need a couple of 50' bridges. I may have to go the flat car bridge route.

Mark
        Attached Files
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

CW, what makes you believe the either I or Beck are republicans? Have I ever said I was a republican? Short answer is NO. I belong to no organized party of crooks and liars. I belong to a steadily growing group of independent citizens that are genuinely pissed off at both parties. Mr. Beck is not affiliated with the Republican party either and you do him a great disservice by lumping him in with them.

Now where is that bridge, I have cash.
          sigpic

Comment

You need to multiply your 2,199,023,255,552 bytes times 8 to convert to megabits.

8 bits to a byte.

--------

That bites.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

The hard drives for my desktop hold 3,298,534,883.328 bytes. If I only had a dollar for every byte.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

CW, what makes you believe the either I or Beck are republicans? Have I ever said I was a republican? Short answer is NO. I belong to no organized party of crooks and liars. I belong to a steadily growing group of independent citizens that are genuinely pissed off at both parties. Mr. Beck is not affiliated with the Republican party either and you do him a great disservice by lumping him in with them.

Now where is that bridge, I have cash.
                Well, I don't have any party allegiance either and I am not pleased with either party. I am not in agreement with bailouts, stimulus, paying down the cost of someone's new car while there's which may be in great shape gets crushed! I don't want my medical benefits taxed and don't want my taxes raised! Chances are unless something amazing happens to stop the current trend, I'll vote republican next time and do my best to send a message like I did last election. Maybe if these bums only get one term they will do better for the people who elected them? I can only hope and try.

Comment

we all need to put an end to this party crap. It ain't working. It's all become a damn power play with us Americans as pawns in the game. When we allow hell even encourage and defend politicians like Sarah Palin to be spokesmen for the party we are in trouble. The same can be said for the Harry Reid's and Barney Franks on the Democrat side.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mr. Beck is not affiliated with the Republican party either and you do him a great disservice by lumping him in with them.

Comment

On MSNBC lat night, Keith Olberman said Glenn Beck got fired. Something about half-truths and misinformation.

Comment

Wishful thinking from the king of the liars
                        sigpic

Comment

It's time for the pitch forks again !!
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post

How is this different that you need Government permission (permit) to work on your own property, or to have a permit (license) to even work in your chosen trade?,
                            Public Safety?

I own 3 acres of property out in the middle of no where. I would like to build a small cottage to have somewhere to go and get away from it all every once in a while. The planning department is making me jump through hoops and over hurdles before i can stick a shovel in the ground. I had 50,000 set aside for the construction of a house with water well and septic. I have a neighbor adjacent to my property who did just that a few years back.

The planning department is forcing me to make all kinds of improvements in and around my property that my neighbor didn't have to do. I would have to pay $200,000 before I can construct my $50,000 cottage.

Planning department; "Public Safety!"

Planning department is making it impossible for me to build a simple home. In these tough times I could have sold my urban home in the city and moved to my mountain getaway and live there debt free. I can't build without incurring another debt, I refuse to incur any more debts. it's perfectly acceptable for them if I loose all and live out on the street!

I ended up parking an RV on the site instead. I use the RV just like I would have used my dream cottage.

How safe is that?

Sorry if I hijacked the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              You need to multiply your 2,199,023,255,552 bytes times 8 to convert to megabits.

8 bits to a byte.

--------

That bites.
                              I don't do bits anymore, Bytes is as low as I go. But for some reason internet speed is still being gaged by counting bits.

Comment

>> "So, how is this any different than an IRS audit???? Which we as citizens are obligated to prove that we have met our tax responsibilities."

Ok, I tend to think glen beck is full of guano and that the snopes info is probably correct. If beck was right, though, the government wording (which some sources now say has been removed) would in fact be way different than an IRS audit. In the case of the audit, you have to produce evidence to back up and verify your return. But the IRS can't use the audit as an excuse to swoop in and read everything in your file cabinet or look at everything on your hard drive (not without a warrant, anyway).

But I tend to think that this is just a (another) case of journalistic sensationalism by beck.

>> "We've been ripped off by the medical establishment..."

I respectfully disagree. The medical establishment are a greedy an opportunistic bunch, to be sure. For generations they worked to limit the number of seats in medical schools to keep the supply of physicians low, thus keeping demand (and their pay) high. But what that actually did was open the door for the REAL crooks.... the insurance companies... to assume control of the healthcare industry. Which is great if you're an insurance company, since healthcare is not an optional thing and the baby boomers are all getting old.

As in all things, as the past year has shown us, the root of all evil and the source of our ultimate decline is the financial industry - of which the insurance companies (AIG as the most poignent example) are a significant part.

>> "...by the oil companies,"

Well, yes. But who paved the road for them, by buying huge impractical SUVs, and ignoring, for at least the past 35 years, the need for making alternate energy a national priority?

All the bad things that we face were not foisted upon us. We, as a group, did them by virtue of our own ignorance and complacency.

>> "...and by the past government."

"We The People" elected Clinton twice and, astonishingly he seems to have achieved near cult status with many people, even though he was nearly tossed out. Even more astonishing, and I am a conservative republican, we elected Bush 43, a man who probably couldn't manage a McDonalds, not once but twice. A man who created a premise for a WAR, for cryin' out loud, out of thin air. Which we KNEW before we elected hi the second time!

Again, as I see it, "We The People" created our own problems.

>> "This current government has been in place less than 200 days and all we hear is about how much they're taking from us, planning to take from us, and how bankrupt we are all going to be."

Well, yes. What you hear is frustration. Obama won on the promise of change. I don't see change. I see the pain of the American people being used as an excuse to justify massive (ineffective) spending and expansion of government. I don't see a plan to right what's wrong in the US nor to ensure that we continue to lead the world. Instead we continue to mortgage our future to China to help prop up the corrupt financial industry. It's frustrating!

Comment

Working...
                                X