X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What's Up With This?

Apparently if you own a car dealership, and are involved in the cash for clunkers program, if you go on the government web site that deals with the program, your computer and all it's files and such become the property of the US Government to do whatever they want with? And everyone was screaming bloody murder when the patriot act came in.
    Yep, these Democrats sure run things different than the Republicans did. How many more freedoms are we willing to give away. Is this what the founding fathers had in mind?

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
    sigpic

Re: So What's Up With This?

Do you have proof of this in writing?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You can find a transcript on glenn becks web site. It's copied from the govt web site. Scary stuff
      sigpic

Comment

Are you trying to tell us there's not much difference between Republicans and Democrats? Okay! Now what do we do?

Comment

How can this be possible?

The size of my Hard Drive is 2 Terabytes.

That's 2,048 Gigabytes or 2,097,152 Megabytes or 2,147,483,648 Kilobytes or 2,199,023,255,552 bytes!

The best upload speed I have been able to get from my ISP is 1.5 Megabits per second. Translated, that would take the government about 6 seconds to capture 1 Megabyte from my Hard Drive

That means I would have to remain connected to their server for 3,495 Hours in order for them to Pwn all my pictures, videos and songs. Mind you during this transfer of files, I will not be doing any kind of web surfing of my own, it will be a dedicated connection to big brother.

Even then, that's access to the internal hard drive of my computer, I'ts even more impossible for them to read anything from my external drive.

I work for the USPS and every morning I log into the USPS network I get that same disclaimer. What it is saying is that during the time you are on their network, anything YOU choose to upload into their network becomes their property. Anything YOU download from their network is still their property, even tho it is now stored in your computer. Doesn't RIDGID have a similar TOS?

My point of view is simply this; Television and Radio is purely for entertainment purposes only. I enjoy Commercial Television almost as much as I enjoy the SPAM I get in my email box each day.

Comment

seems like it only applies to car dealerships' computers that are involved with cash for clunkers, so personal computers of the general public aren't an issue here. If you look at it one way, it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference for any GM dealers as the govt. will mostly own those anyway

Also, I probably wouldn't go right after the Democrats immediately for having this written into a terms of service agreement. Most likely some legal team hired by the government threw it in there "just in case," and it was promptly forgotten about. Perhaps similar to the PR scandal facebook dealt with when people found out the new terms of service had clauses that basically amounted to "Facebook owns everything you have placed on its service now, or in the past, forever, and can reuse any of that content as they see fit without your permission." Once the internet was up in a tizzy about it, the executives in charge assured everyone it was a mistake, and made it quickly disappear.
            Last edited by wathman; 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

The government's out of control. There's better evidence of that than this little matter.

But sensationalist "journalists" like Glen Beck aren't any better.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                You can find a transcript on glenn becks web site. It's copied from the govt web site. Scary stuff
                If you believe Glen Beck, then I have a bridge to sell you!

Comment

Apparently if you own a car dealership, and are involved in the cash for clunkers program, if you go on the government web site that deals with the program, your computer and all it's files and such become the property of the US Government to do whatever they want with? And everyone was screaming bloody murder when the patriot act came in.
                  Yep, these Democrats sure run things different than the Republicans did. How many more freedoms are we willing to give away. Is this what the founding fathers had in mind?

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
                  It is not that I do not agree with you, but I do have a question?

and since your concerned about your personal property, and personal rights, (or I am guessing that is what the concern is here),

How is this different that you need Government permission (permit) to work on your own property, or to have a permit (license) to even work in your chosen trade?

If you ask me it is part of the same slippery slope,

My guess is your answer will be "it is for public safety" or some variant of it.
                  them knowing what is in your computer may be public safety concern as well. (or at least some persons it may be).

WHO gets to make that determination, of what is public safety and to what extent we do what to "protect the safety of the public"?

Where are your personal rights, or your personal property rights. Who gets to decide what is personal and what is controlled by the Government.

and then the process most of the time is basically a cover for a use tax of some sort,

(I do agree that people should be qualified or competent at there trade, and I am not disagreeing that there are correct ways to do a process,
                  I guess what I am asking to what extent should the government be involved in the process,
                  (regardless of the level of government)

~~~~~~~~~~~
                  I guess I can not really see the difference of you wanting to box in a closet in one of your kids rooms, and having to get first Government permission, and pay a tax,

two have it inspected, and pay a tax,

and three pay more tax because you made a storage area in your kids room, on your house.

or

saying any thing you down load on or to there computer is theres and they have rights to it,

I guess currently just be glad they are not taxing you to look a the site,

either way it is massive Government intrusion into one lives (either way if it via electronic invasion, or a person walking in to my home that is not my guest, is a invasion of my privacy IMO, as well as just the act of having to ask to do some thing on my own property, and be taxed on it, is more of an invasion, IMO,

(at least on the electronic side of it, it was to there computer),
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I think somewhere between Glen Beck and MSNBC is the truth. Why can't we get the truth? I'm against the clunker program and while I can understand the government wanting and needing information from the dealers, what's the point of hacking all the dealer's computer info? I would imagine there is a lot of information to sift through, so who is doing that job? Every day brings more stories of waste, and disappointment. Here in CT they are closing court houses, motor vehicle bureaus and other essential government buildings. There may be some money saved but time will be wasted, people inconvenienced, and probably little benefit in the long run. I still think we need to grow our economy by bringing back jobs, making what we consume and resolving the situation of illegal immigrants in our country. This clunker program may be working very well but I think it is wasting tax money, resources and falsely inflating profits and confidence. Very temporary fix at best. No government foresight.

Comment

For those that have not read the government disclaimer, please do before continuing with your opinion. Now, yes, it does apply only to the dealership computers. has nothing to do with your machine. However, are the dealers not US citizens like the rest of us? The change will come slowley, bit by bit your freedoms will be eroded from within. Will you dismiss the whole thing just because it does not effect you? If so than you have played into their hand regardless of whether it's Democrats or Republicans, wrong is wrong.
                      And Yes Frankie, there is very little damn difference anymore. Just crooks lined up on opposite sides of the aisle.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                        If you believe Glen Beck, then I have a bridge to sell you!
                        The info came straight off the govt's site. Beck just re-printed it.

How much for the bridge and where is it? Can I see a clear title?
                        sigpic

Comment

You know, if you listen to some of these inciteful TV programs you'll hear all kinds of stuff, most of it just part of the Republican proponents do-nothing, "scream about everything Democrat" machine.

Here's Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/clunkers.asp

Read the artical, click on the link for dealer support, and review the pages on the Government "cash for clunkers" web site, if you wish.

Basically the deal here is that if you'r going to participate, take the "peoples money", then you, as a dealer have the responsibility to prove each and every part of the transaction. AND, such proof must be archived and available for government review. As such the goverment (remember "we the people") have the right to investigate, review, audit, and if necessary confiscate any records that may pertain to such transactions.

So, how is this any different than an IRS audit???? Which we as citizens are obligated to prove that we have met our tax responsibilities.

So, I apologize as I certainly don't want anyone to take it personally, but it gets a little tiring to think that after the last regime and all of it's Rovian lies and deceits that we still want to believe anything that comes from anything Republican.

This current government has been in place less than 200 days and all we hear is about how much they're taking from us, planning to take from us, and how bankrupt we are all going to be.

We've been ripped off by the medical establishment, by the oil companies, and by the past government. Our borders have been compromised, our military wasted, our economy scuttled, our workers sold out, and our infrastruture ignored until it has crumbled. So here we are at the worst level our country has ever been in and we are to now to believe every accusational spit and dribble that comes down the pike.

It appears that not only are we to fear the current government, but perhaps we should just give up and beg Mr's Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, and the rest of the self-serving Republican leadership back to Washington so they can fix all things and arrest our fears!

Good show,

CWS
                          Last edited by CWSmith; 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

The info came straight off the govt's site. Beck just re-printed it.

How much for the bridge and where is it? Can I see a clear title?
                            I too would be interested in the bridge. I have a piece of property which is not accessible at this time and a bridge would be great.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Oh boy, I'm really going to go there...

If it's on Glenn Beck's website, it must be true... or have a germ of truth in it somewhere... or at least some truthiness.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X