X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dealing with Obama-ites

>> "I'm glad Obama is losing popularity and his minions are slithering back into the ooze."

I'm not.

I would much rather see his popularity rocketing off the charts. That would mean that his policies were working, or at least making sense.
    He's losing popularity because so far all he's done is spend ginormous amounts of money with little or no return. And he keeps proposing more spending, which also doesn't address the problems!

Obama was elected because the people wanted change. The other guy didn't sell his agenda very effectively - maybe he didn't have one to sell -and on top of that he selected a doofus as a running mate. Not a very inspiring option.

And I'm a lifelong Republican conservative. I didn't vote McCain. He went through a lot in his life, but what we need is a very smart man with clarity of vision. He didn't show that he was that man during the campaign. Not to say that the winner was much to write home about either, mind you.

Anyway, we're not seeing change, we're just seeing the typical Washington DC attitude (bipartisan these days) that we can throw money at issues and they'll go away. Historically, this has only worked once that I know of: Reagan upped the ante on defense spending so much that he essentially drove the Soviet Union out of business. Other than that, though, when the governent throws money at an issue, the problem gets worse. Much worse. No change there... just the same old bullsh*t that got us into this pickle in the first place. By the way, the problem isn't that Government spending couldn't be useful.... there's lots of areas where we could see great return, grow the economy, and the Governent would end up making money through increase tax revenue. The problem is that our leaders don't have a clue.

By the way, I'm sure many of you are as outraged and stunned as I am by the 9 trillion deficit projected over the next ten years. This is not all Obama... let's remember that the war and the bailout were architected by the previous numbskull. But, nevertheless, the national debt is a disaster that is going to ruin us. Write your congressperson and senators, and tell them that this is unacceptable and they will be voted out unless they start taking care of business. It's barely mentioned in passing by the media (more numbskulls) with almost no discussion of the consequences, but this is a huge problem that has the capability to sink the ship.

Comment

What a shame, here we are back to this hateful stupidity rather than having constructive discussions. Let me get this right, anyone who voted for President Obama thinking there would be change in a positive manner over what we had with President Bush needs to be punished? Real smart thinking, good luck when the republicans get back in power. You're gonna need all the luck you can get!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        What a shame, here we are back to this hateful stupidity rather than having constructive discussions. Let me get this right, anyone who voted for President Obama thinking there would be change in a positive manner over what we had with President Bush needs to be punished? Real smart thinking, good luck when the republicans get back in power. You're gonna need all the luck you can get!
        Noooooo.....
        All I am saying is that their bumper stickers need to be taxed. Hey, I love everyone who loves me.

If Obama's plans work and America sees an era of health and prosperity at least as long as Bush-baby's run, then all is good. Heck, if Obama pulls it off, I'll name my next son after him! Hussein the Plumber....that'll work!
        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

I said from the beginning that Obama was nothing but an empty suit that has a talent for public speaking. The entire time he was running, he spoke eloquently and never actually said anything of substance. Now, he has proven to be exactly what many of us though he was in the first place and that is a puppet for George Sorous and Rahm Emanuel. It is a true shame that he has not and probably will not live up to his expectations.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I said from the beginning that Obama was nothing but an empty suit that has a talent for public speaking. The entire time he was running, he spoke eloquently and never actually said anything of substance. Now, he has proven to be exactly what many of us though he was in the first place and that is a puppet for George Sorous and Rahm Emanuel. It is a true shame that he has not and probably will not live up to his expectations.
            Yes, it's a dam shame. We can't win no matter who is in power!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Yes, it's a dam shame. We can't win no matter who is in power!

Well put Frank!!!

It's no longer WE THE PEOPLE, it's we the congress, for they are the ones that truly run this country. And this has been going on for many cycles of D's and R's.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The problem is not so much Obama, it is the fact that one party controls the presidency and both houses of Congress. This is exactly what I warned about before the election.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It's peanut butter jelly time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6BzT1PnbA
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by dgronim View Post
                    i am sorry. i cannot accept that. as long as my customer believes that he should buy all his stuff from me i am okay with it. if he thinks he should buy his tools from the other one, the evil doer, it is my DUTY to straighten him or her out. the customer may not realize that i am the source of all that is good and i must show him the path.

tolerance of other's beliefs is ok but up to a point...
                    Is that a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
                      Is that a joke?
                      No, that's sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                        I love New York! Except for the Yanks, of course...they can go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.

I'm glad Obama is losing popularity and his minions are slithering back into the ooze. I feel much better adding the 20% Obama Tax knowing that he is less popular than Mark Teixeira.
                        if i hated i would hate the yankees. i think you may have to wait for us to slither back into the ooze. politics, unlike the stock market, has a very powerful timing factor. i think obama and his team are somewhat intelligent and chose the first year to go for the hard stuff. next year, when the election cycle is hot they will back off the controversial stuff.

here is my prediction: The economy will have recovered and be gaining momentum. they will get video clips of bush and psulson saying that the financial system was on the verge of collapse. they will get almost every other top economist to confirm that that was true.

then they will say that it was their bold actions that saved the usa and the world. people will be inspired and thankful and vote the way they usually do.

what the opposition has to do is tricky. it will be hard to sell the hope for failure thing like el rushbo advocates. they do hope for obama to fail so that they can re-gain power and then fail themselves, but they have to have something to offer. despite the near collapse of our system the catastrophe was averted and it is not ok to advocate the collapse of the financial system no matter what el rushbo says.

the other problem that the oppostion has is that they have a demographic nightmare to contend with. The republican party, for the moment, is declining. i have a good friend in oklahoma. Oklahoma was the only state where democrats did not gain in 2008.

you are correct, his numbers are on the decline. it was to be expected. they knew it would happen. just wait for next year when the inspirationl speeches start again. his numbers will go up again.

last, the republicans nead a leader. i think if it is sarah pallin the cause is lost. Rudy is a fraud. Mitt is ok but sort of eh. the congressional leaders are worse. and of course, it is not good when two shining lights of potential presidential hopefulness were going to bed with women not their wives. hard to sell family values that way.
                        http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                        http://www.gronim.com

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                          It's peanut butter jelly time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6BzT1PnbA
                          dunbar, may i call you dunbar? is that a picture of you? you don;t look happy? everything ok? need some tools?
                          http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                          http://www.gronim.com

Comment

dunbar, may i call you dunbar? is that a picture of you? you don;t look happy? everything ok? need some tools?
                            Freakin' New Yorkers.... Best city in the world....

Comment

There are very few things I agree with the current administration and this congress on,
                              but I really doubt that many would be much happier with the other party if it was in power,

and I think there would be just as much griping about things, but they would probably be different things than what the current situation is,

I would think the fear of the future may be less, but as far as the economy and personal financial security I really do not think it would be any better if any.

I just hope in the process "O" does not destroy the America I know,

but I do not think McCain would be doing us much better in the short term.

I have not really heard any main stream Republicans come out and give any alternatives, (I have heard talk shows, but not the Republican leaders, and even then not really or few Ideas, unless there voice is being silenced by the media),
                              After the last election, and the Republicans running McCain, I really do not know what they stand for or what there platform is or what if any long term vision is for the country, (I have a good idea of what Palin's values are, but I do not know what the Republican party's are).
                              Last edited by BHD; 08-27-2009, 03:55 PM.
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I can't handle it anymore, it's all too much,

the weight....it's...it's stopping me. Attachment
                                Attached Files
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X