X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Obama-ites

Lately, I'm cringing every time I walk up to a house/business and see Obama bumper stickers. These Obama-ites seem to have no respect for my skills, time, or cost of doing business. Mayhaps they learned it from their master to think of plumbers as evil?

I may have to enact an "Obama Tax" of 10% for each bumper sticker to cover the heartache these people are giving us.
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Re: Dealing with Obama-ites

I don't run into specific demographic of people that do this that I can recall.

All kinds of good & bad customers that believe & follow all kinds of things.

J.C.

Comment

Lets try not to generalize when we talk about a group of people. We all have different beliefs and dreams.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

True. They do have their beliefs and dreams and wallets as tight as a Republican's...uh...ya know.

Comment

My former boss and I charged an extra $10 for anybody with a john Kerry sticker, and $15 if they were wearing birkenstocks/sandals

Re: obama-ites
          Why not charge them extra, it's all about taking from those that have, and giving to those that don't right?
          They must be all for it.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            My former boss and I charged an extra $10 for anybody with a john Kerry sticker, and $15 if they were wearing birkenstocks/sandals

Re: obama-ites
            Why not charge them extra, it's all about taking from those that have, and giving to those that don't right?
            They must be all for it.
            lol...that's right. Don't forget the brand new Toyota Prius with the HUGE Obama sticker. Geeez, what a day I had....

I had a huge bump in business after Joe the Plumber story broke. Every Republican in the county was supporting plumbers just to spite the Dems. Gotta love those Red dudes....

Comment

People of all political parties with stopped up drains in the Greater New Orleans area are invited to call Hebert Drain Care for all of your drain cleaning and video inspection needs.

While at your home you are welcome to believe that I practice the same religion and follow the same political philosophy as yourself.

As long as the check is good that is.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                People of all political parties with stopped up drains in the Greater New Orleans area are invited to call Hebert Drain Care for all of your drain cleaning and video inspection needs.

While at your home you are welcome to believe that I practice the same religion and follow the same political philosophy as yourself.

As long as the check is good that is.
                What's that Ray Bradbury sci-fi thing about the creature who would turn into whoever you thought it was? That's what I need to be---a total changeling.

In the meantime, I'm initiating a "Bickford Fee" of 10.00 per bumper sticker.

Comment

Charging them more may help to offset the income taxes they are having tough time bringing themselves to pay.

Comment

I personally don't give a chit what a customer's beliefs are.

Rep, Dem, christian, muslim- don't care.

On a customer/ contractor level, other people's beliefs are not my concern.

I learned long ago that ingaging a customer about topics such as politics and religion is dangerous.

In the process of learning that, I've become somewhat numb to the tired old debates on these subjects.

I've still got my beliefs and standards- some I feel strongly about, some I don't. But I don't share them with too many people.

As Hebert said, as long as the check is good....

Comment

I haven't bathed properly in 8 days.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        I haven't bathed properly in 8 days.
                        Dunbar, you really have to talk to you DR. about changing your meds
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

But...it's part of my denial system that requires counseling and possible extended therapy...

I like being all F'd up!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
                            I personally don't give a chit what a customer's beliefs are.

Rep, Dem, christian, muslim- don't care.

On a customer/ contractor level, other people's beliefs are not my concern.

I learned long ago that ingaging a customer about topics such as politics and religion is dangerous.

In the process of learning that, I've become somewhat numb to the tired old debates on these subjects.

I've still got my beliefs and standards- some I feel strongly about, some I don't. But I don't share them with too many people.

As Hebert said, as long as the check is good....
                            i am sorry. i cannot accept that. as long as my customer believes that he should buy all his stuff from me i am okay with it. if he thinks he should buy his tools from the other one, the evil doer, it is my DUTY to straighten him or her out. the customer may not realize that i am the source of all that is good and i must show him the path.

tolerance of other's beliefs is ok but up to a point...
                            http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                            http://www.gronim.com

Comment

Originally posted by dgronim View Post
                              i am sorry. i cannot accept that. as long as my customer believes that he should buy all his stuff from me i am okay with it. if he thinks he should buy his tools from the other one, the evil doer, it is my DUTY to straighten him or her out. the customer may not realize that i am the source of all that is good and i must show him the path.

tolerance of other's beliefs is ok but up to a point...
                              I love New York! Except for the Yanks, of course...they can go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.

I'm glad Obama is losing popularity and his minions are slithering back into the ooze. I feel much better adding the 20% Obama Tax knowing that he is less popular than Mark Teixeira.

Comment

Working...
                              X