Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congressman Still Responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congressman Still Responding

    I received another e-mail from the office of my Congressman. Whether or not he wrote it himself I don't know. He spoke of the urgent need to reform the health care system and that there was no move to socialize our system. This was my response:
    Dear Congressman Himes, I appreciate the response to my letter, and I agree health care reform is necessary. I do not agree that it is the most important issue on our country's agenda. Hundreds of thousands of Americans losing their jobs every month strikes me as not only contributing to the growing uninsured health care statistics but also the growing housing crisis. How can we tolerate tent cities in America while working to reform health care? If rising costs to health care are of concern to legislators then why are our borders still open? Why are we providing health care to illegals rather than returning them to their county of origin? We the taxpayers foot the bill for the uninsured illegal and I can't understand why these costly loopholes are not shut tight if the issue is to reduce costs and extend coverage? I don't expect to receive more responses from your office, but I am extremely disappointed that such poor effort is placed to properly prioritize our critical issues and stem the flow of waste. Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Congressman Still Responding

    Most of the responses I get back are canned responses as well. The important thing is that your leanings on a certain subject are tallied. Thats why it can be as simple as calling up and saying "I am opposed to the health care reform being pushed through congress. Please vote no." or vise versa.

    Apart from voting and making sure everyone knows what are in theses bills (friends, neighbors, family) all we can do is write and call and make our voices be heard.

    Josh

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Congressman Still Responding

      My Congressman actually telephoned me (in person, not one of his interns or an assistant) one evening in response to a letter I wrote him. Unfortunately I was not home so missed him. The wife got to talk to him but I wish she had forwarded the call to my cell. He followed up with a letter.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Congressman Still Responding

        thats awesome... so who is it. I'm impressed.
        Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        My Congressman actually telephoned me (in person, not one of his interns or an assistant) one evening in response to a letter I wrote him. Unfortunately I was not home so missed him. The wife got to talk to him but I wish she had forwarded the call to my cell. He followed up with a letter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Congressman Still Responding

          Originally posted by Josh View Post
          thats awesome... so who is it. I'm impressed.
          Frank Lobiondo (R) NJ, 2nd Dist.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_LoBiondo
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Congressman Still Responding

            Frankie, I commend you highly for doing what 99% of the people in this country are too damn lazy to do.

            I have been on a one man crusade to do something about the continued downfall of the plumbing trade for years now. There are a few guys out there that have vision and fight, but most are content to sit back and do nothing but make stupid, comments. Like you I continually badger and harass the two incompetent moron state senators that supposedly represent us. And I get the same canned useless responses back, but I'll be damned if I'm going to lie down and take it.
            Politicians are a crafty bunch. People are getting angry, really angry. They are beginning to organize and voice their anger. The anger and frustration are normal and to be expected. In fact, crafty politicians will find a way to use your anger and frustration. To twist it and re-direct it to blind you in your anger so that you will not see what is truly beneath the surface. There is no need to get angry or frustrated. The solution to all of this countries problems are simple and right in front of us. We don't need guns or revolution. We don't need tea parties and radio talk show's. All we need is a pencil and a ballot, along with the gumption to go and use them.

            Send a message

            Send the crooks home.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Congressman Still Responding

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Frankie, I commend you highly for doing what 99% of the people in this country are too damn lazy to do.

              I have been on a one man crusade to do something about the continued downfall of the plumbing trade for years now. There are a few guys out there that have vision and fight, but most are content to sit back and do nothing but make stupid, comments. Like you I continually badger and harass the two incompetent moron state senators that supposedly represent us. And I get the same canned useless responses back, but I'll be damned if I'm going to lie down and take it.
              Politicians are a crafty bunch. People are getting angry, really angry. They are beginning to organize and voice their anger. The anger and frustration are normal and to be expected. In fact, crafty politicians will find a way to use your anger and frustration. To twist it and re-direct it to blind you in your anger so that you will not see what is truly beneath the surface. There is no need to get angry or frustrated. The solution to all of this countries problems are simple and right in front of us. We don't need guns or revolution. We don't need tea parties and radio talk show's. All we need is a pencil and a ballot, along with the gumption to go and use them.

              Send a message

              Send the crooks home.
              Thanks NHM. I've always voted, but I realize that's not enough. I'm sorry I did not do more, say more in years past. I'm making up for that now. In the event my Congressman finds himself voted out of office he will at least know people like me spoke up and gave him fair warning. Represent the will of the people, not your parties agenda!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Congressman Still Responding

                Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Frankie, I commend you highly for doing what 99% of the people in this country are too damn lazy to do.

                I have been on a one man crusade to do something about the continued downfall of the plumbing trade for years now. There are a few guys out there that have vision and fight, but most are content to sit back and do nothing but make stupid, comments. Like you I continually badger and harass the two incompetent moron state senators that supposedly represent us. And I get the same canned useless responses back, but I'll be damned if I'm going to lie down and take it.
                Politicians are a crafty bunch. People are getting angry, really angry. They are beginning to organize and voice their anger. The anger and frustration are normal and to be expected. In fact, crafty politicians will find a way to use your anger and frustration. To twist it and re-direct it to blind you in your anger so that you will not see what is truly beneath the surface. There is no need to get angry or frustrated. The solution to all of this countries problems are simple and right in front of us. We don't need guns or revolution. We don't need tea parties and radio talk show's. All we need is a pencil and a ballot, along with the gumption to go and use them.

                Send a message

                Send the crooks home.
                When you don't get an intelligent response to a letter maybe its time to take your questions the local newspaper and ask them publicly so everyone can get on their case about it.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Congressman Still Responding

                  Frank,

                  Time to come clean and admit you are a shill for the Republican Party. There is no way a citizen on his own could be upset and protesting Health Care. It's funny, for years the Democrats called dissension Patriotic and now they call it a fraud perpetuated by an Astro Turf organization.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Congressman Still Responding

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Frank,

                    Time to come clean and admit you are a shill for the Republican Party. There is no way a citizen on his own could be upset and protesting Health Care. It's funny, for years the Democrats called dissension Patriotic and now they call it a fraud perpetuated by an Astro Turf organization.

                    Mark
                    Guilty as charged! Seriously though, this entire period has been eye opening and extremely disappointing. The democrats had a golden opportunity to behave responsibliy, enact some meaningful legislation and prove they were a wise alternative to the republicans once given the chance. Well, so much for coulda, shoulda! They got drunk with power and like a shopaholic with a pocket full of cash, behaved poorly. What's worse is that when the masses started calling them on their proposals, instead of being responsive and open they resort to the most insulting and repressive behavior. I was not pleased with the former administration, but I can't imagine praising or defending much of anything the current administration has done so far! Their greatest success has been the cash for clunker program and I find it to be a waste of tax payer funds, a waste of resources by crushing what may be road worthy cars in some cases, a further enrichment of communist china(I believe that is where most of the crushers are headed), a temporary at best boost to a dead industry, and a distraction from our tanking economy. Mark, I've watched so many movies about industrial pollution and illegal dumping that I can't believe what I'm about to say but we need to relax some of the strict EPA mandates. We need to balance pollution with survival in the global economy. We can't lose an American based business because it is operating a little dirty and allow it to move to china where it will do the same thing anyway. I'll end this with a sexist analogy, (sorry ladies). There is a woman who is twenty or thirty pounds overweight, she cooks, cleans and is a passionate lover to her husband. This woman is put on a diet and gets a makeover, now she loses interest in eating so she doesn't want to cook, she is too dressed up and delicate to get dirty cleaning so that's a thing of the past as is her passion for hubby. America needs to get dirty again, belch some smoke, spill some fuel and chemicals, drill some wells, club some baby seals darn it! We'd better start using what we got before we lose it all together. I doubt very much I'll be voting democrat again, lesson learned.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Congressman Still Responding

                      You have to get a copy of Glenn Beck's Common sense. It is an amazing, eye opening read. I exposes years of corruption, arrogance, stupidity and gross negligence that has been going on in both parties the past 80 years or so.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Congressman Still Responding

                        Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        I received another e-mail from the office of my Congressman. Whether or not he wrote it himself I don't know. He spoke of the urgent need to reform the health care system and that there was no move to socialize our system. This was my response:
                        Dear Congressman Himes, I appreciate the response to my letter, and I agree health care reform is necessary. I do not agree that it is the most important issue on our country's agenda. Hundreds of thousands of Americans losing their jobs every month strikes me as not only contributing to the growing uninsured health care statistics but also the growing housing crisis. How can we tolerate tent cities in America while working to reform health care? If rising costs to health care are of concern to legislators then why are our borders still open? Why are we providing health care to illegals rather than returning them to their county of origin? We the taxpayers foot the bill for the uninsured illegal and I can't understand why these costly loopholes are not shut tight if the issue is to reduce costs and extend coverage? I don't expect to receive more responses from your office, but I am extremely disappointed that such poor effort is placed to properly prioritize our critical issues and stem the flow of waste. Thank you.
                        I seriously am curious as to others opinions about this interview.

                        Frankie, NH, Utah, others?

                        Thanks.

                        J.C.

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Congressman Still Responding

                          J.C. I watched that particular interview when it originally aired. On the face of it, it does appear that there is a massive health care problem in this country and that the insurance companies are doing their best to stick it to the masses so to speak. But you have to look at the forest as a whole, not just a few trees here and there. First off, the insurance companies are just that, companies. Their primary purpose is not to keep you healthy it is to make a profit. No profit, no company. No company, no insurance. Always remember that. The way to change how they do business is to stop doing business with them unless they offer and provide the services that you pay them for. Do you really believe, deep in your heart that the United States Government. A government that just a few years ago, bankrupted their own private bank by writing bad checks ( a scandal that has never been completely investigated to this date by the way) a government that bankrupted it's own private cafeteria is capable of administering national health care? Every single project the government has had it's hand in has been an utter disaster for the past 100 years. Do you really trust these guys? Would you trust any of them with your children's future? Because guess what? The stimulus package and bail out package and cash for klunkers and all the other spending programs of the past two years have already settled your children's future. They will be saddled with crushing debt and run away inflation. Do you really believer anything, either party is telling you? Will you mortgage your childrens future. My friend, you have been lied to, right in your face. You have been manipulated like a puppett on a string. I beg you, get a copy of Common Sense. Read it, and then give it to a friend. If you think it's all propaganda and BS then by all means rant back.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Congressman Still Responding

                            No rant back NH. Yet. Just looking at everything.

                            Evidence proves time and again that our government has become ever increasingly inefficient, corrupt, and wasteful.

                            But then I have to remember, it's my fault. I am a U.S. citizen. I am the government.

                            Thanks.

                            J.C.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Congressman Still Responding

                              Drove passed Raul Grijalava's (my congressman) office and people were out with signs against government growth and the "healthcare reform". I have never seen that before.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X