X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Website Makeover

Maybe I missed it when it happened, but the Ridgid website has been redone.

Looks good to me. I like the quick drop down menus and rolling billboard.

Nice work.

J.C.

Re: RIDGID Website Makeover

Yes, nice job, I agree.

I was in HD the other day and looking at the generators. I noticed that RIDGID have available a number of accessories that I can't find in the list of products or as accessories to either generator.

The heavy duty 25 foot cords and the 5 foot, dual-circuit, multi-outlet cord are great accessories. The latter gives you 5 outlets that are divided between the two 120V breakers on the generator, but from a single 240v cord. Helps keep the load balanced on the generator and simplifies things on the job. Also a little safer with less cords to trip over.

I also saw a 30A to 20A 3ft long reducer with built-in 20A circuit breaker which is meant to allow for safer operation of equipment with current less than 20A draw, another good idea.

These should be added to the site too.

Oh and get this. There are not even listed on the HD website. What's up with that??
    If I was RIDGID I wouldn't be happy.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 08-09-2009, 11:55 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Noticed this in another thread also. And, as I said there, where's the tab/hyperlink to get to the "Dashboard" for checking on our tools??? There's something there for "product registration", but where is there something for me to easily get into to be able to check on "my stuff"?

I've been confused with this whole thing since the eBox/Dashboard changeover.

Comment

I noticed on the Careers Search page that it could be easier to pull up a list of positions open. Shouldn't need to enter a keyword. Just a region (country/state) and see all jobs in that area. That's a broad search yes, and puts a little more strain on the web server, but I don't think you are getting that many hits to draw down web performance overall.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        ---------
        ---------

Comment

under "support", click on "product registration", then "power tools" in the dropdown menu and voila, there is the entrance to the dashboard.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            under "support", click on "product registration", then "power tools" in the dropdown menu and voila, there is the entrance to the dashboard.
            Yeah, well, if you don't have a map, that's sure a hard trail to follow. It would be much easier to have a hyperlink button on the main page, as well as have something solo for the Dashboard in the Support area. It's not a hard thing to do / to have on there. Hey, I've been on the forum here for a while now, and have been part of the multiple discussions on this, and even I can never remember that route to take to find the Dashboard.

I don't know, call me Shirley, but I would think that after all of the extensive discussion that we've had here on the Forum about the Dashboard changeover, that this would be a plainly obvious and simple thing to have. It would get rid of a lot of confusion that's been present for the better part of almost a year. A nice big shiny button on the mainpage, something that says, "My Dashboard: my stuff" or "My Dashboard: my Ridgid, my stuff", or something like that. A few lines of programming code, to get rid of a lot of confusion.

Josh, how about it? Is it in the plans and/or a possibility?
            Last edited by canucksartech; 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM. Reason: Speelling

Comment

I actually also noticed a few other things while browsing. What others have said before is true - there are many Ridgid items that are available in stores, but that aren't listed on the webpage. That will continue to be an issue, but a relatively unrelated one to the website makeover itself. However...
              1. I noticed that there's a new 18 volt lithium-ion combo kit (Fuego kit) - http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R968-Fue...t/EN/index.htm And it actually has an LED flashlight that we've all been craving for. The only thing is, is that I found this new tool combo listed in the "Corded Power Tools" area. Now, it's also listed in the "Cordless Power Tools > Cordless Combo Kits" spot as well. But why would this be listed in the Corded area? The only reason that I can see is that maybe for cross-promotion, but it looks ridiculous when there's no tool in the kit that's corded (save for the charger, before someone says that ):
              2. While I'm on the thought of cross-promotion, how come in the "Cordless Power Tools > Impact Drivers" area it only shows the 12 volt right-angle impact driver? What about the 14.4 volt impact driver - I know that went on sale a bit ago, but is that an item that's all done? Well, if so, what about listing the MaxSelect impact in this area too, or how about the 12 volt lithium-ion drill/driver and impact kit as well? I think that it would just help Ridgid to show that there's more impact driver options within the Ridgid tool line-up, rather than just showing one rather out-dated (while still useful) 12 volt right-angle impact. Heck, even show the impact drivers that are in kits, but just make reference to them being available only in whatever particular kit it is, and put a hyperlink on the bottom of that listing page to the actual page with the kit on it.
              3. In the "Batteries" area, it still only shows the nicad batteries. There are no listings for the lithium-ion batteries available. I also think that there should maybe be a simple "Battery FAQ" here, similar to the way that there is a "Pressure Washer Troubleshooting" area in with the pressure washers. If a "Battery FAQ" was placed here, it would be a simple go-to area for people to look at for answers to their battery questions (ie - can I charge a lithium-ion battery on a nicad charger, can I use a lithium-ion battery on a nicad tool, etc., etc.), rather than have relative newbies to the product line try to manouver their way around the Forum to try to find some answers. Just a thought - you can pay me later.
              4. While we're at it, maybe a small section/page of some very basic and/or common FAQ stuff for the pages with the items that have the most asked about questions (Pressure Washers, Batteries, Cordless Power Tools, Saws - Setting up your Ridgid Table Saw, SeeSnake FAQ, etc., etc.)
              5. I notice that there is no sections within the "Cordless Power Tools" area that shows any 24 volt XLi tools or kits. I understand that we've received word from Ridgid here on the Forum that these tools will continue to be serviced and warrantied through the applicable 3-year warranties and the LLSA. However, is this product line removed from future usage/sales now? Is there something that's going to replace it? I'm sure that there are multiple HD stores that still have lots of 24 volt XLi kits in stock, so why not still continue to list the products on here?
              6. When is it going to list on the webpage, and when is it going to be available, for us to be able to buy some of the cordless tools solo? Like the new LED worklight, or the cordless Fuego one-handed reciprocating saw? If HD won't stock that stuff, at least make it available for special order, either through HD or direct through Ridgid.
              Just my thoughts on what I've found myself. I'll take my cheque in either U.S. or Canadian funds, whatever is easier for you, Ridgid.
              Last edited by canucksartech; 08-12-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

All duly noted. Thanks for the time and feedback. An interesting thing I noticed is that we do have a product registration link on the home page, under the banner, and people didn't find it. I am taking all of these comments to the developers and we'll talk through each. Again, appreciate the thoughts and I'm always happy to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                  All duly noted. Thanks for the time and feedback. An interesting thing I noticed is that we do have a product registration link on the home page, under the banner, and people didn't find it. I am taking all of these comments to the developers and we'll talk through each. Again, appreciate the thoughts and I'm always happy to see them.
                  Thanks ProBrand.

Yes, I did notice/see the "Product Registration" hyperlink, but that's sort of what I was talking about. Same as going through the route that Finer spelt out, this method seems to still have multiple steps and can easily confuse people that don't know their way around, and/or don't remember the route/method.

I would think that the KISS principle would make it easiest - a tab, right there on the mainpage, to go to the Dashboard. Just as prominent as the Emerson logo at the bottom of the page. Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback opportunity.
                  Last edited by canucksartech; 08-12-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Looks like a good website ;-)

I like the new look
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

It would be much easier to have a hyperlink button on the main page,
                      Maybe we could have a button linking to the eBox somewhere on the Forum web site. After all, isn't this the place where you will find the greatest number of RIDGID tool owners in one place?
                      ---------------
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

I looked this morning for the link to the promotional web site where they sell the shirts, coffee cups, etc. I usually pick up a bunch of trinkets that I use during training as give aways to students.

Can't find the link now, looked on the site map page and didn't see it there either. Maybe it's there but not as visible as it used to be.

That's what I dislike about web site make overs and also when they do the same with stores like the grocery or a Dept store. You get used to where things are and instinctively know how to get to them. For a store you can plan you visit and have a route in your mind as how t get from A to B to Z and out the door most efficiently. At least that is the way that most men shop, in and out, no wandering about.

Unfortunately that is not how they want you to shop. Store operators prefer you play hide and seek with their goods, hoping you will spot something along the way that you never realized you desperately needed and will make an impulse buy in addition to what you came for.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

I needed to order something the other day as well but couldn't find it. Here is the addy I found when I Googled it.

http://www.ridgidgear.com/

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                          X