X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help In Finding a Thread

OK, all you GURU's of this forum. Yeah, I work for Josh, but no, I can't find what I'm looking for.

Some time over the past year, a poster submitted in a thread photos of his workshop. Yes, I've been looking but just can't find this thread. He (or She) said he had the tools boxed for about 20 years and never had a chance to use them. Plus, someone commented how the workshop looked like it was from an advertising and couldn't believe how beautiful the tools looked.

I've been wanting to show my hubby. He loves wood working and I wanted him to see what this poster did. Yes, I'm asking for trouble by showing this to him, but we'll see.

If anyone could help, you would MAKE my day!

Thanks much!

Cathy
    (Josh's Assistant)

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: Need Help In Finding a Thread

Hi,

Nice to meet you

By any chance was it this one?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10975

New Ridgid Workshop I just created a new home workshop using mostly Ridgid tools. I did use Delta for the air cleaner and vacuum and a Craftsman 14" drillpress. I thought the stand for the Ridgid was not large enough to provide good stability and I like the Craftman's cross laser. I have attached pictures if anyone has suggestions on the arrangement (all the Ridgid tools except the joiner are on casters).
    Attached Thumbnails
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Good. But not it! I can show this to my hubby. The one I'm talking about had tools even in the middle of the floor. Someone mentioned the logos as being old too.

I know. I'll find it when I'm not looking for it.

Thanks again!

Cathy

P.S. That IS a nice looking shop (pics).

Comment

Hi Henneca

Could this be the thread you're looking for? ->

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ght=shop+tools

Excerpt from linked thread above ->

Larrysch - "The funny thing about all the tools that you see in the shop - is the fact that they all were purchased in 2000 - when I bought this home we are now in - they sat in boxes until 2006 when I retired and built my shop."
        Cheers! - Jim
        -------------
        All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

And we thought Josh was doing the technical writing all this time.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Oh dam,

This is a sweet shop.

From the link above of course

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I thought it might have been in this thread but no.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=shop+pictures
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That is awesome, anyone notice the 'muffler' on the shop vac by the table saw? Anyone know if that is an off the shelf item?

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                Oh dam,

This is a sweet shop.

From the link above of course

Comment

I love shops that look like that. No one ever actually does any work in them. They spend all their time polishing and organizing the tools, then they invite the neighbor over to show him how nice the shop is. My shop looks like a bomb hit it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    I love shops that look like that. No one ever actually does any work in them. They spend all their time polishing and organizing the tools, then they invite the neighbor over to show him how nice the shop is. My shop looks like a bomb hit it.
                    Can I get you a cup of coffee or something Grumpy?
                    Your starting to sound like I feel these past few months.

Comment

Need Help In Finding a Thread.

cathy, hopefully you find that thread by roundup time.

i need a button sewed on

see you in a few weeks

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick: You are HILARIOUS! I have all the "threads" you need. But, hopefully Joey doesn't mind if I mend your wears! Also, my hubby may not like that I'm mending your wears and not his!

jbergstrom: Yes, this is the post I was looking for! I just KNEW you guys could help me out!

And, Papa, I've only been doing this a short while. With the sheer number of manuals (and other stuff), Josh can use all the help he can get. Plus, this was why I went back to school. Now, I get to use the skills I was trained for.

Can't wait to meet you guys in just a few weeks! Hopefully the time flys by!

Cathy

Comment

OH! For those of you who saw my comments earlier in this thread, these tools are only about 9 years old (not 20 like I thought).

Thanks again to everyone!

Cathy

Comment

My little garage shop don't look nothing like that, but it is centered around 4 gray machines I bought when Ridgid first came out of the closet with thier own name on the tools. My main machines are my TS2400, BS1400, TP1300, and WL1200, and I don't ever want to replace them.
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
                              Rick: You are HILARIOUS! I have all the "threads" you need. But, hopefully Joey doesn't mind if I mend your wears! Also, my hubby may not like that I'm mending your wears and not his!

Cathy
                              Are you kidding me? I jump at a break any time I can!

See you soon!
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X