Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Free Cash For Tools" .....Is that next? Has to be right?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Free Cash For Tools" .....Is that next? Has to be right?

Well since, congress and the boys have handed out cash for / or to:

• Banks
    • Insurance Company's
    • "School Spending"
    • Wall Street Bonuses
    • $4500 for cars worth $2

Anyone up for "cash for tools"

J/k........But come on someone tell me where the money tree is................There is one right?

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Re: "Free Cash For Tools" .....Is that next? Has to be right?

Sorry, no money for tools. Our government does not want you fixing anything. You are supposed to buy new chinese crap instead!
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
      Sorry, no money for tools. Our government does not want you fixing anything. You are supposed to buy new chinese crap instead!
      I believe this is true and evidenced by the closing of technical schools. I posted a couple days ago that the only trade high school in our area was closed by the govenor! Bureaucrats dumming America. They figure we won't need machinists and trades people if we convert to a more disposable society. Wasteful and stupid attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post

That was a good line, and I think that you may be right,....

The Auto mechanics are now losing business because we decided to crush and destroy all the "older cars" from the cash for clunkers.....

This was an actual news story for real.

'Clunkers' Program Leaves Auto Mechanics Concerned

9&10 News - ‎Aug 6, 2009‎

Also - Did anyone notice that the highest sold car was a Toyota?
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I have found that there are no auto mechanics anymore, at least not in Louisville. With my medical issues right now I can't crawl through my van and it broke down last week. 17 garages called and not one of them would look at it because it is a 1990 model. They must be able to plug thier computer up to the vehicle so the computer tells them what is wrong with it. They then change that part out. They are only capable of checking the OBD2 and newer computers. I had to get help to remove the engine covers, and change the parts after I diagnosed the problem with just an ohm meter. Little Idle Air Control valve went out, cost $24, took 1/2 hour to find problem and 15 minutes to replace it by a man that has never seen an engine before.( neighbor) All these rich polititians own stock in the companies making the crap in China
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

What a load of crap. This whole trend has me very upset. IMHO any idiot can push a pencil and those are the jobs that we are training our youth for. That and the ability to fight wars from a computer (PS3 - call of duty etc where a 1.1:1 kill/death ratio is a good thing ?????). Ya I have a set of papers that say I went to school but it was the extra tech courses that were available that taught me to be the man I am today. I was lucky enough to be book smart and hands on smart. I took 5 years worth of automotive, 4 years electrical, drafting, and all the necessary university type courses. None of the high schools in my area have ANY tech courses available for the kids now. My boy is fairly smart but not much thanks goes to the schools. I am trying to pry him away from the PS3 and teach him the basics of automotive, woodworking, electrical, machinist (bought a south bend lathe), running a tractor and other real life skills. Thank God we live in a rural area where I can teach this stuff hands on and usually because something broke that he wants to use (1991 4 wheeler mostly).
            Lots of rambling after reading but her is my final point ...

When Communist China decides they don't like us anymore and realizes that we have basically no production capability on our own soil, how long do you think it will take to loose that war? BTW I am Canadian and we are in the same boat as you, not sure where GB is at but I bet they are not far behind us.

Comment

[QUOTE=wbrooks:
              When Communist China decides they don't like us anymore and realizes that we have basically no production capability on our own soil, how long do you think it will take to loose that war? BTW I am Canadian and we are in the same boat as you, not sure where GB is at but I bet they are not far behind us.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will have to declare war to beat us if things keep going the way they are. Even if we maintain a strong military, without the trades and production capability I agree we are dependant on communist china and others for our consumables. They just have to stop exporting to us and we are sunk. Very bad position to be in and one we should change. I know a lot of folks who laugh at survivalists, even people like me who anticipate disruptions in power and food delivery. We are living in a fantasy so we overreact and prepare for something that will never happen. I say better prepared than sorry! I've got the extra food, water, batteries, flashlights and tools and machines to keep me going quite a while. In the event of a catastrophe natural, or something like a EMP, we will see whose living in a fantasy.

Comment

Working...
              X