Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday Event After Roundup - Options

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    We are still going to have a significant number of people there on Saturday--20 that I know of. For what it's worth, I think we should do something that EVERYONE wants to do, not just 2 or 3.
    Like shopping for shoes?
    The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
      Like shopping for shoes?
      No. I am serious. Playing softball and skeet shooting are things that a few people have said they are not interested in doing, but have not said anything here, because those that want to do it have been pushing for it.

I think we should do something where we can attempt to be more inclusive of others.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

joey, the purpose of this thread is to get input from them. it they don't want to give input, then they don't care

i have a new slingshot. if you have a water filled fire extinguisher and a small 12 volt compressor, we can fill them in the field

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          it they don't want to give input, then they don't care

rick.
          This is not so. Instead of everyone hanging out together, those 2 or 3 people are going to go one way and everyone else is going to go another. It defeats the prupose of being together. Perhaps your not being able to see this is part of the problem.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            No. I am serious. Playing softball and skeet shooting are things that a few people have said they are not interested in doing, but have not said anything here, because those that want to do it have been pushing for it.

I think we should do something where we can attempt to be more inclusive of others.
            Sorry sunshine but you can't have it both ways. When your pet name for him is "Cowboy" he feels like he needs to play with guns. That said, the fact that he had to ask me to bring a shotgun for him, tells me we will be better off shoe shopping.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

there are 63 responses and close to 1000 visits to this thread. the ones that are going to the roundup are forum members. not total strangers.

if they want to add to the pool of options, that's what this thread is all about. so wither josh has to personally email them all, or they need to post their options. remember that not everyone will be in town saturday to participate. so that will narrow down the count.

these are suggestions. if there are no other suggestions from others, then josh can't make an informed decision

so what's your choice in saturdays events

how about all the others that haven't made suggestions

can't read minds, yet

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

mark, i've never traveled with my shotgun other than in the car to a range. not an airport. figured with your background you know the ropes.

believe me, i can hit my target all day long. the clay pigeons aren't as fun as the water balloons either. the balloons accelerate much faster and are much easier to tell a wing from a hit.

if you've never shot at water balloons, you don't know what you're missing. plus a water balloon has much more uses

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Volleyball can get 12 people involved.

Horseshoes are a low impact game that I can play from a lawnchair. (Goal)

We could chase a chicken around like in Rocky.

J.C.

Comment

there are 63 responses and close to 1000 visits to this thread. the ones that are going to the roundup are forum members. not total strangers.

if they want to add to the pool of options, that's what this thread is all about. so wither josh has to personally email them all, or they need to post their options. remember that not everyone will be in town saturday to participate. so that will narrow down the count.

these are suggestions. if there are no other suggestions from others, then josh can't make an informed decision

so what's your choice in saturdays events

how about all the others that haven't made suggestions

can't read minds, yet

rick.
                    I'm thinking the Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, followed by the Cleveland Botanical Garden and finishing it off at Sokolowski's University Inn

Mark

Comment

mark, i've never traveled with my shotgun other than in the car to a range. not an airport. figured with your background you know the ropes.

believe me, i can hit my target all day long. the clay pigeons aren't as fun as the water balloons either. the balloons accelerate much faster and are much easier to tell a wing from a hit.

if you've never shot at water balloons, you don't know what you're missing. plus a water balloon has much more uses

rick.

Transporting guns by air is easy. First you need to declare them, make sure ammo is packed separately in a container made for ammo and make sure they are in a locked hard sided container (ammo can be included in the case as long as it is in a container meant for ammo).

I have an aluminum safari case which holds three long guns so shotguns should be easy. Sometimes I am asked to pull the guns out of the case so they can inspect the case which always make people in line a little nervous. Other times they just have me sign the tag an discreetly put it in the case.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I'm thinking the Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, followed by the Cleveland Botanical Garden and finishing it off at Sokolowski's University Inn

Mark
                        i guess your 7 passenger van will have room for joey

mark, you take the girls and i'll stick with the men

i'll let you know how the men did shooting

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Sorry sunshine but you can't have it both ways. When your pet name for him is "Cowboy" he feels like he needs to play with guns. That said, the fact that he had to ask me to bring a shotgun for him, tells me we will be better off shoe shopping.

Mark
                          Why are you bringing him a gun.He has an 870 Express.
                          Word has it that guns are already there.He has to have his own giun?
                          Oh,Brother.

O,just figured it out.He wants one of your $5,000 Italian Over and Under Skeet Slayers so he can have another edge others won't.
                          Cheating again Ricky?

Where are the Shoe stores again?

Comment

We are never going to find an activity that is inclusive of everyone. The park may be a good one cause you can make your own fun. Could be softball, could be horse shoes, could be walking around, swimming, eating, etc.

No need to bring any shotguns Mark. If we end up doing any skeet shooting we can use mine.

Josh

Comment

i guess your 7 passenger van will have room for joey

mark, you take the girls and i'll stick with the men

i'll let you know how the men did shooting

rick.
                              im driving my car so i will have 3 seats in the back
                              if the girls want to do something im sure nancy will be up for something girlie

and i can go play with the boys
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                                im driving my car so i will have 3 seats in the back
                                if the girls want to do something im sure nancy will be up for something girlie

and i can go play with the boys
                                I thought I was driving my car first and second I thought I was going so that there would not be any more of the pictures (like the 100 that have shown up in the last few days) of you hanging out with the men . Hanging out at the park sounds good to me!!!

Nancy

Comment

Working...
                                X