Saturday Event After Roundup - Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday Event After Roundup - Options

nancy, i might have posed for the photo, but it was jrsaltz that snapped the kodak moment.

remember what happens in ohio, stays in ohio

charlie, remember paybacks are a

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      nancy, i might have posed for the photo, but it was jrsaltz that snapped the kodak moment.

rick.
      You can't let poor Jake take the fall for this! You asked him to take a picture when I refused! I knew better. . . .and now I hope he does too!
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Well, I gotta turn and burn friday night to make it home for my boys' football games on saturday.

Besides, I don't have eyes on the back of my head.

Comment

pictures like the one thats floating around of me and rick was done to make rick happy
          and it worked
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
            pictures like the one thats floating around of me and rick was done to make rick happy
            and it worked
            Way too much information. Remember, don't ask don't tell?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              and it worked
              I need a "whatever" button instead of a "Thanks" to post at the bottom of your thread!

Josh, can you make this happen?
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Just saw this thread, getting prepared for next week.

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                4) Roundup Softball game - we have plenty of local parks here with nice softball field. I could try to round up some gloves and bats and we could all play softball.
                I love this idea. My wife and I both play in a couple of slo-pitch leagues. A nice park, a good BBQ, and a game of lob ball - what could be better?

As for going for an evening baseball game, I love the idea, but we'll have the little 1-year-old, so that won't really be an option for us, as we'll have a 3 hour drive home as we're not staying on the Saturday night as well. But we are good to stay until dinnertime on Saturday evening.

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                if any of you have a waterballoon slingshot bring it. I used to be a dead eye with those back in college. That would be a fun activity at the park.
                Years back, I used to work at a children's summer camp, up here on the north shore of Lake Erie. The camp was right on top of a 120-foot-tall clay bluffs cliff-edge along the shoreline. In the early morning and mid-afternoon, the fishing boats used to go sauntering by, heading out from the local port to go out and either set out or retrieve their fishing nets. We used to use one of these giant three-person slingshots to fire eggs at them. No, not the smartest and safest thing to do. But damn funny. Especially when the fishing boats started to fire paintball rounds back at us (and this was when paintball guns weren't really the consumer item they are now - they used to use the giant and hard-firing ones that the forestry guys would use to mark trees for cutting). It was also a hoot when you heard this big thud on a tree nearby you, and you realized that they were firing back at us with potato guns.

Again, not necessarily safe in any manner of the word, but awesome teenage fun.

Comment

I also like the idea of skeet shooting. Maybe I don't need to leave my guns at home after all! I think the only problem would be, that I can't see having a problem bringing them over with me. The problem would be when I try to bring them home - even though they're properly registered with all of the red tape that we have here, they may block them or me at the border, just for the hell of it.

But, I do like the park idea. I wasn't able to do the RoundUp last year, but I know that you guys did Cedar Point then. So I'm not sure if that would be too much of a repetition for some returning attendees to do Cedar Point two years in a row. And, with the way everything is this year, maybe spending $50 on Cedar Point, or another high cost item, is just not much of an option for the Saturday, especially with all of the other relevant costs for people to attend the RoundUp.

So, I do like the park idea, as like others have said, it allows people to make their own fun, and to do things in one main area, but with different areas of focus for those that might not like to do certain things. We can have lots of people enjoying horseshoes, softball, etc., but all hanging out together and enjoying a BBQ. I'm not sure if there's an option for an afternoon MLB game, but a 7:05pm game would be a little late for those like me who will not be staying on the Saturday night as well, and will be driving home.

I also like the golf thing - maybe even just a small little par-3 executive course.

I think the biggest thing is not necessarily what we do, but that it's done in a larger area, with as many people as possible, and with a little bit of variety to spread around (ie. - not just golf, or skeet shooting, but rather a little bit of golf, followed by a little bit of skeet shooting).

I know I've cleared up the suggestions a bit, but I think anyone could be generally happy to just sit around, enjoy a few Kool-Aids, and bbq and chill and hang out. Any other (slightly competitive, for Rick's sake) stuff is just a bonus.

I do have one other idea - we could have a cigar tasting day in the park, too!

Comment

i have my water baloon sling shot packed with an extra 500 rounds

along with my glove and my shocking games

bring all your toys and we can have a toy swap

see you all next week.

game on

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Looks like we have Saturday worked out but what about Wednesday?

Rick can keep me entertained only so long before I'll get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Cigars and rum at the hotel? Maybe with a poker/euchre tourney. If they do have a nice pool and hottub, that's my idea of a good time.

Comment

I plan on sneaking out of here as much as I can on Wednesday. I think I have about 5 hrs of meetings scheduled that day though :-(

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Comment

I have a conference call at 10 Pacific I need to make Wednesday while everyone is playing.
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              Cigars and rum at the hotel? Maybe with a poker/euchre tourney. If they do have a nice pool and hottub, that's my idea of a good time.
                              Sounds good....

but what will we do after lunch

Comment

what time is every one getting there on wed
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X