Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you all ever had Nerve itches in your hands/arms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you all ever had Nerve itches in your hands/arms?

I'm describing where you feel an itch and it's the nerves inside your hands leading up to your arms, and no matter if you rub/scratch your hands, there's no itch there, it's a nerve in the hands going haywire.

I've got a bad one right now in the left hand, the one I damaged my finger a few weeks ago. It's such an annoying feeling that it would feel better if I hit my hand and caused pain to make it stop.

This is the kind of nerve pain that could make a sane person insane.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Have you all ever had Nerve itches in your hands/arms?

Yeah,today.
    But I think it had more to do with the Jackhammer than a neurological disorder.

Sorry

Comment

Steve, I told you not to service the drains at that research lab!
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

just wondering dunbar, do you drink "sunny d" orange juice?

maybe your situation is completely unrelated but.....................

i've recently become aware of this "restless leg syndrome". or on your case, "restless arm syndrome".

in my case, i call it itchy/hot feet.

i get it when i drink sunny d or when i eat something like cherry pie with the cherry pie filling in a can or cherry flavoured tang.

for me i think its the colour that is added to the product.

hope that helps you out bud.

Vince

Comment

I do not know what exactly what kind of Itches they were, but a few days ago, I came in, in the evening, and took off my work boots, and socks, and put on some clean clothes, and a few Min's later my feet started to Itch, and so I scratched them, and it relieved the itch, then a few Min's later it moved up my ankles, and it keep moving (in about 6"x6" areas) all night long, (it seemed to move about ever 10 Min's or so.
          Moved clear up my body around my head and then back down to my feet, it was a miserable night, about 6:00 the next morning it seemed to stop, this was the first time I had ever remember having some thing like this happen, I had not done or ate nothing different that I had done in the past. did basically the same thing yesterday and no problems. but it was odd. and hope it is not anything that will repeat it self.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You should see a doctor sooner than later. My sister started losing feeling in one of her fingers, and waited too long. Now she can't move like 2-3 fingers, and had some surgery to correct it, but like 6" of nerve died and it will only grow back at most 1" a month if she's lucky, they won't even know if the surgery worked for another few months.

Comment

yeah, it sounds more like vibrational damage, jackhammers will certainly do it. I can even feel irritation and itches/ "pins and needles" sometimes if I use my weed eater too long without wearing gloves. If you use worn out work gloves, might need to get a new pair with better padding.

As others have already implied, this also isn't the only cause of the symptoms you are describing. It could be related to anything from the onset of diabetes to viral syndromes, to toxicity of inhaling too much of certain kinds of chemicals. Best to get checked out and a doctor determine what's wrong.

Comment

carpel tunnel is normally where the little finger the ring finger and half of the middle finger go to sleep or itch, I suggest you get it taken care of, a wrist brace may help to keep your hand in the position as not to pinch that nerve, and in later stages it can feel like there is elbow and shoulder problems as well, (they can go in and do it in micro surgery now, and recovery is very fast a few weeks but can do things in the fist week), (the first few days your hand is totally worth less, kinda scary until that nerve set recovers from the surgery),

If one folds there hand forward it will pinch the nerve in the wrist, try to keep your hand extend when driving and working , vibrations can make it worst, jack hammers pressure washers, IF your having problems consider a wrist brace to keep it straight, and or to wear at night.
                I do not know if this is your problem but it is worth getting it looked at, IMO, had my right hand done number of years ago. and well worth it. IMO.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                  just wondering dunbar, do you drink "sunny d" orange juice?

maybe your situation is completely unrelated but.....................

i've recently become aware of this "restless leg syndrome". or on your case, "restless arm syndrome".

in my case, i call it itchy/hot feet.

i get it when i drink sunny d or when i eat something like cherry pie with the cherry pie filling in a can or cherry flavoured tang.

for me i think its the colour that is added to the product.

hope that helps you out bud.

Vince

No relation to drinking or eating, but I found your statements to be having me running out and buying TANG now since I haven't drank that since I was 8.

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  You should see a doctor sooner than later. My sister started losing feeling in one of her fingers, and waited too long. Now she can't move like 2-3 fingers, and had some surgery to correct it, but like 6" of nerve died and it will only grow back at most 1" a month if she's lucky, they won't even know if the surgery worked for another few months.
                  WTF?!?! What was the diagnosis?

Originally posted by wathman View Post
                  yeah, it sounds more like vibrational damage, jackhammers will certainly do it. I can even feel irritation and itches/ "pins and needles" sometimes if I use my weed eater too long without wearing gloves. If you use worn out work gloves, might need to get a new pair with better padding.

As others have already implied, this also isn't the only cause of the symptoms you are describing. It could be related to anything from the onset of diabetes to viral syndromes, to toxicity of inhaling too much of certain kinds of chemicals. Best to get checked out and a doctor determine what's wrong.

Why would it be that?

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Yeah,today.
                  But I think it had more to do with the Jackhammer than a neurological disorder.

Sorry
                  I've had these types of problems before after using equipment like that, but nothing of the way of hard labor was done yesterday.

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                  Steve, I told you not to service the drains at that research lab!

It's tough not to turn down the money!

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                  I do not know what exactly what kind of Itches they were, but a few days ago, I came in, in the evening, and took off my work boots, and socks, and put on some clean clothes, and a few Min's later my feet started to Itch, and so I scratched them, and it relieved the itch, then a few Min's later it moved up my ankles, and it keep moving (in about 6"x6" areas) all night long, (it seemed to move about ever 10 Min's or so.
                  Moved clear up my body around my head and then back down to my feet, it was a miserable night, about 6:00 the next morning it seemed to stop, this was the first time I had ever remember having some thing like this happen, I had not done or ate nothing different that I had done in the past. did basically the same thing yesterday and no problems. but it was odd. and hope it is not anything that will repeat it self.

The itches were not something I could scratch, they were internal/inside the limbs and nothing externally in regards to scratching would help.

This went on for 3.5 hours last night, was slamming my hand down on my desk in different positions to make it stop. Thank goodness it stopped.

I've had these before but it's usually a reaction to something I've done that caused it.

There is a certain physical therapy program that
                  may help to temporarily relieve your symptoms.
                  Unfortunately the side effects are hair growth
                  on the palms of your hands.

Which reminds me my next session is due in the next hour or so. Oh look! I wear a glove now!

I've had these nerve itches go through my legs before and I'll tell you what; if that happened on a consistent basis?

Get the coffin ready because just a small amount of that torture will have you losing your mind if it went across your entire body, or there was no relief from the feeling of it.

No way that is tolerable.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Possible you just had a bad trip? Gotta think happy thoughts.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Maybe it is from handling and firing too many firearms.

Comment

Working...
                      X