Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
California Wild Fires Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California Wild Fires

    This fire seems to be growing with no signs of stopping. I believe it is over 100,000 acres and we have not seen the sun in four days. You have to feel for those fighting this fire in 100-degree plus temps. All of the fire and LEO resources are being used to zero reserve. Jon even had to borrow my Blackwood to drive a bunch of CHP Officers to preform the color-guard ceremony at Irwindale because the station was out of cruisers.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

  • #2
    Re: California Wild Fires

    I thought wild fire was just one of your 4 seasons.
    Followed by the season mudslide.
    then the season Riot.
    then the season earthquake.

    Oh and that annoying mid season thing that will occur around mid Sept.
    You know, that time of year, when a certain individual brags non-stop about all the trophies he bought.. oops, I mean won


    All kidding aside, I have a lot of respect for the men and woman that fight wild fires, tough job and one that could turn and burn them alive in a split second. Lets hope they all do well this season.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: California Wild Fires

      I heard about the fires on the news and wondered how all of you were fairing. I hope everyone is safe and prayers go out to everyone especially those working the fires.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: California Wild Fires

        my dad fought many fires. he took the prisoners out to fight fires. out of SLO up north.
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: California Wild Fires

          Originally posted by Jerad View Post
          my dad fought many fires. he took the prisoners out to fight fires. out of SLO up north.
          One of my nephews is a Fire Captain for an inmate fire camp right in the middle of the Station Fire. They sent his crews up to fight a fire up North so they were no effected.

          My son Jon's CHP area covers Acton, Aqua Dulce, Littlerock and Pearblossom which are all under evacuation from the Station Fire right now.

          My son-in-law is a fire fighter for the Unified Fire Authority which is the fire fighters for Salt Lake County. He lives in Logan but is fighting the Mill Valley fire down in New Harmony right now.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: California Wild Fires

            L.A. on fire? Seems like a biblical end to that city. With all the smoke that metropolis spewed forth, it's about time some fire showed up to explain it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: California Wild Fires

              I should of went here first before facebook. I was asking about this very subject.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: California Wild Fires

                rick1643 i believe is right in the middle of it. i tried to cal and just got his voice mail. hope all is well and he checks in with us.

                i'll post some cloud photos from yesterday i took.

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: California Wild Fires

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  rick1643 i believe is right in the middle of it. i tried to cal and just got his voice mail. hope all is well and he checks in with us.

                  i'll post some cloud photos from yesterday i took.

                  rick.
                  He is about 100-miles to the Southeast from the fire so I'm sure he is okay.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: California Wild Fires

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    ...
                    My son Jon's CHP area covers Acton, Aqua Dulce, Littlerock and Pearblossom which are all under evacuation from the Station Fire right now....

                    Mark
                    I know that area well, as we have properties near Vasquez Rocks park and Longview Rd in Pearblossom.

                    I was last there 5 years more when smoke cancelled the semi-pro ball game in Lancaster.

                    I bet your boy gave me that ticket for no helmet, no license, and being pig-headed....

                    How about posting some pics?
                    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: California Wild Fires

                      Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                      I know that area well, as we have properties near Vasquez Rocks park and Longview Rd in Pearblossom.

                      I was last there 5 years more when smoke cancelled the semi-pro ball game in Lancaster.

                      I bet your boy gave me that ticket for no helmet, no license, and being pig-headed....

                      How about posting some pics?
                      He is pretty good about only writing sports bikes but a missing helmet would be hard to look the other way. Five years ago he was working at West Valley so he would have only written you if you were at the Rock Store.

                      On another note, last week he saw a bunch of guys on Victorys pulled over at the 14 and Angeles Crest Highway (right where the fire is). They looked a little nervous as he exited his cruiser and approached them. He then explained he was my son and he just stopped to say Hi and they relaxed a little.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: California Wild Fires

                        http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...ires-August-31
                        I love my plumber

                        "My Hero"

                        Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: California Wild Fires

                          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          He is pretty good about only writing sports bikes but a missing helmet would be hard to look the other way. Five years ago he was working at West Valley so he would have only written you if you were at the Rock Store.

                          On another note, last week he saw a bunch of guys on Victorys pulled over at the 14 and Angeles Crest Highway (right where the fire is). They looked a little nervous as he exited his cruiser and approached them. He then explained he was my son and he just stopped to say Hi and they relaxed a little.

                          Mark
                          Rock Store---I heard about that, but never found it. When I get down there, its not a real sight-seeing thing. I was kidding about the ticket. The CHP are ultra-cool compared to our Nazi trained cops.

                          The maps/info for the fire are pretty vague here and SoCal is the Home of the Drama Queens, so until I see the pictures, I'm not going to worry.
                          (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: California Wild Fires

                            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            He is about 100-miles to the Southeast from the fire so I'm sure he is okay.

                            Mark
                            wrong fire mark.

                            we had spoken the other day and he was packed up.

                            rick.
                            phoebe it is

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: California Wild Fires

                              The Cottonwood Fire is the one near me, should be 100% contained tonight. It got my attention when I saw ashes floating around and an orange glow in the sky. Fire is something we worry about here every year. Our last big fire up here was the "Esparanza Fire" a few years ago, five fire fighters lost their lives in that one, it was set by an arsonist that is on death row now. So, everything is good up here now, but the season is here so I'm not comfortable yet.
                              The Other Rick

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X