X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help me.I'm in a trouble.

My honorable Friend's,I'm in little trouble.My problem is,few weeks ago I bought a RIDGID 300 Compact threading Machine from U.A.E.When I brought it in my country @ Bangladesh,I lost my Nippel chuck kit/adapter,

& the result I can't thread opposite head of any nippel.

Now my friends what can I do now?Is there any alternate way have to solve this problem?Please help me.
    There is my machine.

Re: Please Help me.I'm in a trouble.

If I remember right, what I used to do is thread the one side with the pipe long enough to fit both the jaws.
    Then cut it to the length you want. (you probably can't do close or 2" with this technique).
    Then thread the long pipe again.
    Put a coupling on the long pipe, still in the machine, and then put the threaded side of the nipple into the coupling.

You can thread the other side of the nipple now and just have to be able to get a wrench on the nipple and coupling to separate them after.

Comment

it was discussed to some extent on these disscusions,
      http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=nipple+thread

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=nipple+thread
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

nice, 300 compact

tell you what.

send me a roundtrip airline ticket and i'll personally hand deliver a new nipple chuck and show you how to properly use it

do you clean drians too

i'll sweeten the deal with a k-60 too but that requires a second ticket for joey

if all fails, follow the links that bhd posted

i think you're the first memeber from your country

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

the directions below are for a 1" pipe. from a book called "The Elements of Plumbing"

http://chestofbooks.com/home-improve...Threading.html
          Nipple Holders
          Take a piece of 1-inch pipe about 12 inches long and on one end cut a thread that is 2 inches long. Take a 1-inch coupling and screw it on this end until the end of the pipe is almost through the end of the coupling. At least four threads should be allowed at this end of the coupling. Now we have a piece of pipe 12 inches long having a thread 2 inches long on one end with a coupling on the thread. This is called a nipple holder. Now, to cut a nipple, cut a thread on a piece of pipe and cut the pipe off at any desired length, say 2 inches. Put the nipple holder in the vise with the coupling out from the vise about 8 inches. Take the 2-inch piece of pipe with a thread on one end, screw this thread into the coupling until it touches the pipe that has been screwed through from the other end. Now the stocks having the 1 dies and the follower in are put on the pipe. The follower will not go over the coupling, therefore take the follower out of the stock. Now the stock will slip over the coupling and the thread can be cut. With this procedure a nipple of any length can be cut. There are a number of patented nipple chucks on the market, but as they are not always at hand the above method is resorted to and serves every purpose.
          but gives one a picture Idea,

not sure they would chuck up in the 300 threader, but there is a internal pipe wrench that sold by some. Mine carry the Stanley tool brand "Proto") that may work and not that expensive,
          it has three jaws that expand out from it body to grip the pipe from inside, It is sold by Wheeler-Rex as a nipple chuck.
          I have some and there great as internal wrenches,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BHD; 09-01-2009, 10:55 AM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

have the same internal set from wheeler. works great for clean pipe like gas and new installs, sucks for old water pipe.

it will work for a nipple chuck, but his missing ridgid set is much better, faster and goes to 2'' and less expensive for the entire setup.

nice links and post bhd

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks,BHD,PLUMBER RICK,RHINO for replying my post,I'm very pleased.Though I live in Bangladesh so there is no way that i get the Chuck again so easily.Now my friends,Thanks again all of you for replying me,Please help me to make a "Homemade chuck".And my friend PLUMBER RICK,it's definitely true that i'm the first Bangladeshi member of RIDGID forum,& i'm proud of it.Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X