X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1n1 and seasonal flu shots

AUGUSTA -- Maine Gov. John Baldacci plans to issue an executive order today declaring a civil emergency with a goal of easing liability concerns for school vaccination clinics this fall.
    Baldacci aide David Farmer says the goal is to extend good-faith immunity under state law to public health workers who administer seasonal and swine flu vaccinations.
    Maine has ordered 200,000 seasonal flu vaccinations, enough for every public school student in the state. Swine flu shots will be administered free of charge, as well.
    Officials are working on the final language of the order entitled "Proclamation of civil emergency due to a highly infectious agent." Farmer says it's an extension of a similar federal order signed by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in June.

(reference)
    http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.co...shot-liability

Boy, really makes me want to run right out and get my experimental h1n1 shots when the people administering them basically want immunity from their actions.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: h1n1 and seasonal flu shots

I guess it makes sense, as long as you have the option of getting your kid vaccinated or not. But if they are actually government employees like a school nurse, they should be personally immune anyway if they are doing it as part of their government job.

Comment

It's always iffy on an unproven vaccine, and with no long-term studies being done to look at adverse side effects and the such. Up here in Canada, there was a push a few years back to make all health care professionals (nurses, paramedics, etc.), have to mandatorily (if that's a word) take the flu shot for work purposes.

Seems to be a fair bit of a crock. I'd be more worried about Big Pharma screwing up, and causing me to get kidney failure 10 years down the road, rather than from being knocked on my arse for a few days to a week because of the flu.

Comment

I remember back in the mid 1970's "the first swine flu shot"
        We were given an option: get the shot keep your job! no shot! lose your job!
        This was back in Chicago working at Columbus Hospital!

We were also told we should be protected from all flues! ha ha ha

Oh, they were set up in the cafeteria and used air injectors, assembly line style!!!!!

I plan to pass this time

Cactus Man

Comment

I have had the flu shot twice both times I got the flu with in 24 hrs after the shot the first time I got the flu it was so bad I ended up in the hospital getting fluids from a banana bag because I could not hold anything down for a week. I was so weak I couldn't get out of bed with out help. I will take my chances in getting the flu, no shot for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
            I have had the flu shot twice both times I got the flu with in 24 hrs after the shot the first time I got the flu it was so bad I ended up in the hospital getting fluids from a banana bag because I could not hold anything down for a week. I was so weak I couldn't get out of bed with out help. I will take my chances in getting the flu, no shot for me.
            I have had the flu shot twice myself and Bham I got sick as heck both times.

Comment

Working...
            X