Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dislocated shoulder

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    that's all ben's wife felicia needs to hear.

ben needs a wii to heal his shoulder
    No convincing needed. During her course as a PTA, they had a course teaching the wii to senior citizens. Nothing to lengthy but they touched on the subject for a day. I was just suprised to see a video game to be recognized of value for the rehabilitation of injuries.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My buddy who is a HVAC guy had his shoulder replaced last summer. Did all the rehab and is pain free now. From what I know about the shoulder iti s an unusual joint that is held in place mostly by tendons and muscle. Requires a combination of stretching for range of motion and resistance exercise to keep the muschles that hold it in place strong! I know som of you guys think you stay strong from being active at work but that is not the same as specific weight training . Follow doctors advice and do rehab, then adopt a routine of light to moderate weight training to stay injury free.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        X rays are good, got those in the ER. The doctors said a sling can be counterproductive when used for to long. It's just bumming me out. I ususally heal fast, not this time.

Wish you the best of luck Mark with your surgery.
        Cause your azz is old now. You can't go to the bar and talk about what you downloaded on your Ipod. You've got to get you one of those change purses and a pill box.

Tell the doc to put a grease fitting at your shoulder.

J.C.

Comment

i had rotator cuff and it took at least 6 months before i could lift some weight

dont worry ben i will arm wrestle rick for you
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            I'd like to know where you get all your spare parts
            pic a part dismantlers

should be plenty of good used parts since the cash for clunkers program

mark, call me when you go

joey says i need a new gas cap

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              I'd like to know where you get all your spare parts

I got one the old fashion way from my sister-in-law and the others have been high tech and man made (not to imply my sister-in-law was not).

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                My buddy who is a HVAC guy had his shoulder replaced last summer. Did all the rehab and is pain free now. From what I know about the shoulder iti s an unusual joint that is held in place mostly by tendons and muscle. Requires a combination of stretching for range of motion and resistance exercise to keep the muschles that hold it in place strong! I know som of you guys think you stay strong from being active at work but that is not the same as specific weight training . Follow doctors advice and do rehab, then adopt a routine of light to moderate weight training to stay injury free.
                Okay...my shoulders are freaking strong. I had a bit of a problem 3 years ago when I got to pressing 300 lbs. Hurt a tendon and it took a few years (seems that long) to heal. Its fine as long as I remember my age and that I am NOT Iron Man, darn it.

I sleep on a double thick pillow and haven't pressed more than 100 lbs. since then. That's the only concession.

I went to a few doctors, but they were all kinda dumb.
                (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                  Okay...my shoulders are freaking strong. I had a bit of a problem 3 years ago when I got to pressing 300 lbs. Hurt a tendon and it took a few years (seems that long) to heal. Its fine as long as I remember my age and that I am NOT Iron Man, darn it.

I sleep on a double thick pillow and haven't pressed more than 100 lbs. since then. That's the only concession.

I went to a few doctors, but they were all kinda dumb.
                  Well, I don't warm up much before I lift and last week I pressed 250lbs and hurt my shoulder! Guess I'll be forced to man up and accept my age and limitations. No fun gettting old but it beats the alternative!

Comment

Well, I don't warm up much before I lift and last week I pressed 250lbs and hurt my shoulder! Guess I'll be forced to man up and accept my age and limitations. No fun gettting old but it beats the alternative!
                    I warm up with light weights and stretch on the ab horse.

Another good shoulder exercise: I use the cable machine by putting the pulley all the way to the floor and using a single grip, pulling the weight up....like a pipe wrench action. It maxes out the shoulder/back muscles at 3 sets of 12. Problem is, the machine only goes up to 200.

I may have only been in pain for a few months, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                      I warm up with light weights and stretch on the ab horse.

Another good shoulder exercise: I use the cable machine by putting the pulley all the way to the floor and using a single grip, pulling the weight up....like a pipe wrench action. It maxes out the shoulder/back muscles at 3 sets of 12. Problem is, the machine only goes up to 200.

I may have only been in pain for a few months, actually.
                      I've got to get it in my head that the heavy weights are a thing of the past. Even before I hurt my shoulder, lifting heavy agravates the herniated discs in my neck and back which cause pain throughout the night. I'm really sick of the pain, so from now on it will be a lighter workout. I don't need all this body weight anyway, with the high blood pressure. I'm just over 220lbs, and I'd be fine around 180lbs. Problem is I'm so used to eating and lifting, things got to change.

Comment

I've got to get it in my head that the heavy weights are a thing of the past. Even before I hurt my shoulder, lifting heavy agravates the herniated discs in my neck and back which cause pain throughout the night. I'm really sick of the pain, so from now on it will be a lighter workout. I don't need all this body weight anyway, with the high blood pressure. I'm just over 220lbs, and I'd be fine around 180lbs. Problem is I'm so used to eating and lifting, things got to change.
                        I hear tell that some people lift heavy once a week on a Saturday morning. I always went with "Lift Heavy or Go Home" or as best you can do that day. I lift to failure whatever the weight.

One thing I've always did was listen to my body. It tells me my shoulders are getting old, I work around it with different exercises. It tells me to lay off for 2 weeks, I do it.

I weigh about 250 now. Much of it gained when I quit smoking 12 years ago and some from sitting at the desk---hate office work. I'm comfortable looking like a 6'2" fire hydrant...

My bp is 130/90 with a 60 heart rate, all at rest. I got some b.p. meds when it went up to 160/100--during the economy meltdown. I still watch it on a weekly basis.

I use Tynenol PM at night when needed. A half a PM pill and a few regular ones and I'm out like a light. It seems I've been in pain since my first year of apprenticeship.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          It could be worse, I have to have my shoulder replaced later this month.

Mark
                          Then you'll be better........Stronger.........FASTER.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOLE...om=PL&index=61
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Well, last week I pressed 250lbs!
                            Insert video of swooning girls here.

Coming this Thanksgiving...........

FRANK WILL B/EAT a pumpkin pie(or two.....3...nah, that would be pushing it) into submission!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                              Insert video of swooning girls here.

Coming this Thanksgiving...........

FRANK WILL B/EAT a pumpkin pie(or two.....3...nah, that would be pushing it) into submission!!!

Early on when I started lifting with a good friend, we assumed women would find the muscles attractive. We enjoyed working out and one day we went to see Al Pacino in "Crusing". He played a cop who had to go under cover to catch a killer who preyed upon Gays. What was the first thing he did to prepare himself for his undercover assignment? You guessed it, he started lifitng. My buddy and I couldn't stop laughing! Unless all the women I've ever met are liars, they really don't care for muscular physiques? I do appreciate the look and ever since my first Steve Reeves, Hercules movie I was hooked. I don't care for the look of very muscular women, I admire their effort but the end result is too masculine for my taste.

Comment

You're a cool dude whether you can bench or not Frank.

Myself, I can bench a beer and that's about it.

But I'll be benching some pumpkin pie pretty soon, since Thanksgiving for us canucks is October 12th.

I might break out the pie way before that though............

Comment

Working...
                                X