Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dislocated shoulder Rick's only hope !!!!

QUICK RICK, ARM WRESTLE BEN ! IT'S YOUR ONLY HOPE. At least' that's what ADAM told Me .
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Dislocated shoulder

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Early on when I started lifting with a good friend, we assumed women would find the muscles attractive. We enjoyed working out and one day we went to see Al Pacino in "Crusing". He played a cop who had to go under cover to catch a killer who preyed upon Gays. What was the first thing he did to prepare himself for his undercover assignment? You guessed it, he started lifitng. My buddy and I couldn't stop laughing! Unless all the women I've ever met are liars, they really don't care for muscular physiques? I do appreciate the look and ever since my first Steve Reeves, Hercules movie I was hooked. I don't care for the look of very muscular women, I admire their effort but the end result is too masculine for my taste.
      The only girls who say that they don't like muscle are saying it to make their little boyfriends feel better about being too fat/skinny.

My awakening was in a bar fight and the muscle freak picked me up with one hand, by the throat, and asked me if I was stupid or suicidal. I chose correct...

I never could do the Arnold bit--never enough time or patience.
      Last edited by Drip Trip; 09-07-2009, 11:36 PM.
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
        You're a cool dude whether you can bench or not Frank.

Myself, I can bench a beer and that's about it.

But I'll be benching some pumpkin pie pretty soon, since Thanksgiving for us canucks is October 12th.

I might break out the pie way before that though............
        I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, only this time I'll be watching the portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
          The only girls who say that they don't like muscle are saying it to make their little boyfriends feel better about being too fat/skinny.

My awakening was in a bar fight and the muscle freak picked me up with one hand, by the throat, and asked me if I was stupid or suicidal. I chose correct...

I never could do the Arnold bit--never enough time or patience.
          I gave up trying to figure out what women like or want, or think! When I was slim my wife said she wanted me bigger, so I gained 60lbs. Busted my butt doing it, protein shakes, lifting regular and heavy. Now she says I'm a beast and I'm too big! There's no winning, I'll try and lose a bit but the appetite to eat and the habit to lift are not easy to drop. Man we sure got away from the whole dislocated shoulder Thread.

Comment

There's a big difference between being strong and being healthy. Here's a link to keeping your shoulder joints strong.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00067

These exercises focus on the stabilizer muscles and tendons which lend to the health of the joint. I honestly knew about all the exercises but never bothered because they took away from me doing shoulder presses with 90lb dumbells(since we're putting in our weights). Now I can't raise my arm over my head.

If you look on many of the past Mr. Olympia's, they all have joint problems. Lifting weights does keep us healthy but there is a point of diminishing return. All things in moderation. I found out when I first started lifting that I was doing too much with my fronts delts so my shoulder would round forward. You gotta work everything in unision.

btw, don't worry about the thread drift, it's always interesting.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Can't Felicia help you? You know other than
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Good post Ben. I've been reading about strength and bodybuilding for many years. Know a lot of top men who died of steroid abuse just to stay on the magazine covers. When I started, I made all the beginner mistakes too many sets, not enough weight, overtrained, worked small muscle groups before laying a good foundation. My nickname Franki arms, was given to me by the older guys at the gym because I concentrated on my arms and neglected the basics. I soon learned that would not work, but the name stuck. I think we try and keep our youth, strength, size at the price of good health. I know it's a mental thing that needs to be overcome, but accepting one's age and limitations is not so easy. It's really very personal because no one really cares how strong or big I am except me! I know I can't lift as much as a month or year ago and I get bummed out which is stupid. It's just as bad as a good looking woman who gets all bent out of shape and depressed because she sees a few wrinkles or gray hairs. All silly stuff we place importance on, instead of just roll'in with the flow.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Can't Felicia help you? You know other than
                  She says I'm the worst patient.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    There's a big difference between being strong and being healthy.
                    When I played football I bulked up with weights. Stopped almost 40 years ago. I've got way more damage from football and rugby than from lifting. Now it's bicram yoga 2-3 times a week thanks to my daughter the dancer. She got tired of looking at my crooked posture and suggested I try it. Good for the internal organs as well as the body.

P.S. Some women really do get turned on by muscles. I think it's more the definition than the bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      There's a big difference between being strong and being healthy. Here's a link to keeping your shoulder joints strong.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00067

These exercises focus on the stabilizer muscles and tendons which lend to the health of the joint. I honestly knew about all the exercises but never bothered because they took away from me doing shoulder presses with 90lb dumbells(since we're putting in our weights). Now I can't raise my arm over my head.

If you look on many of the past Mr. Olympia's, they all have joint problems. Lifting weights does keep us healthy but there is a point of diminishing return. All things in moderation. I found out when I first started lifting that I was doing too much with my fronts delts so my shoulder would round forward. You gotta work everything in unision.

btw, don't worry about the thread drift, it's always interesting.
                      yeah, I did those a bit when i hurt myself. I was never a fan of the press because I saw room for abuse and I was/am right.

Looking at all the sickly fat slobs who have never worked out and have everything from diabetes to heart disease, i can deal with a few torn muscles now and then.

My regret is that i never went pro. I balance work, family, work, and motorcycles and lucky to get 20 hours a month at the gym.

heh, somehow I don't think we worry about thread drift...
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Working...
                      X