X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dislocated shoulder

Anyone ever had one? What was the recovery time?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Dislocated shoulder

I think Charlie (HVAC HAWK) had that a while back

Comment

How does that happen?
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Anyone ever had one? What was the recovery time?
        I would say it will still be bothering you next weekend at the Roundup.
        My brother did this some years ago when he was about 25, took 10-14 days before he said it was pretty much gone.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Not if, but when,for a rotator cuff operation. I, and My Son have had one.
          You're Young, get it behind You. IT AIN'T GOING TO FIX ITSELF! Good luck
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I just popped mine out a week ago today. It still hurts when I get the pipe wrenches going, and sometimes i'll get a twinge when i'm not doing anything at all. oh, and it aches every morning when I roll out of bed.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

It could be worse, I have to have my shoulder replaced later this month.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

My brother had a chronic shoulder problem. If I remember right it was his rotator cuff. He couldn't lift that one arm above his shoulder.

He was going to physical therapy for a while with no results and work was about to suspend him/med leave (can't really put a fire fighter on light duty).

His son ended up getting a Wii game system. When he (bro) tried playing golf, tennis and bowling he noticed his shoulder was going right back to normal. Now his shoulder is normal and if he notices any pain etc. he just plays a few Wii games and all is fine.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Ben, you should have called! I just talked to my brother. He said it can take 6-8 weeks, but you should be in a sling and get an x-ray. He said you need to make sure you don't have a small fracture.
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    It could be worse, I have to have my shoulder replaced later this month.

Mark
                    I'd like to know where you get all your spare parts

Comment

hmmm. I got a Wii but haven't played it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for everyone else's comments.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        Ben, you should have called! I just talked to my brother. He said it can take 6-8 weeks, but you should be in a sling and get an x-ray. He said you need to make sure you don't have a small fracture.
                        X rays are good, got those in the ER. The doctors said a sling can be counterproductive when used for to long. It's just bumming me out. I ususally heal fast, not this time.

Wish you the best of luck Mark with your surgery.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

that's all ben's wife felicia needs to hear.

ben needs a wii to heal his shoulder

ben, i know a new propress will heal your shoulder as you won't have to keep rotating the torch around the pipe to solder.

as long as your trigger finger is good, you're good to go up to 4''

see felicia, there's a medical reason why ben needs new expensive tools

want joeys brother to write you a prescription for this

you can redeem the prescription at ricks toy/ tool store

doctors orders

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            X rays are good, got those in the ER. The doctors said a sling can be counterproductive when used for to long. It's just bumming me out. I ususally heal fast, not this time.

Wish you the best of luck Mark with your surgery.
                            He said the sling should be the first few days to a week to tighten things up. . . . .too late now Call sooner next time. You know what this means? You are not as young as you use to be and it takes longer to heal. Welcome to being a grown up!
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                              He said the sling should be the first few days to a week to tighten things up. . . . .too late now Call sooner next time. You know what this means? You are not as young as you use to be and it takes longer to heal. Welcome to being a grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X