Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

911 and us all

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 911 and us all

    US ALL

    as i cast my memory back i remember Ridgid Tools donating a truck full of Bolt Cutters that were used in the aftermath. i remember the volunteers lining the streets and helping the injured. i remember a country that came together over what is important and cast aside the petty differences that too often rule our lives.

    regardless of who we are we are us all. we help each other when we are down and we stand tall in the face of evil.

    May G_D Bless America
    http://www.blackbookoftools.com
    http://www.gronim.com

  • #2
    Re: 911 and us all

    The flag is out and flying proudly at my house!

    I just wish and hope someday we have politicians like we did in WW-2
    Meaning ..you annihilate the enemy and any who give them safe harbor period!
    When they yell "UNCLE" and say "we quit" we help return them to civilization.

    Politically correctness [collateral damage] does not play well in a "WAR" and should never
    be in the same sentence. We should have learned that by now!

    I support peace and let everyone live their way of life..but when your way of life
    is in my face [USA] you're gonna get walloped!

    If you don't like my [USA] way of life..there are airplanes leaving this country every day
    that can drop you off in the wasteland...Oh, please return your technology upon leaving as we don't want any conflicts with you living in the 7th century!

    And finally for those of you "extreme" liberals teetering on Marxist ways You should be very grateful this country allows freedom of speech....Then again since you hate this country and the Constitution so much, I bet there is plenty of room for you on that same airplane!
    Then you can see what happens to people like you when you ***** in some other country


    Cactus Man

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 911 and us all

      Originally posted by cactusman View Post
      The flag is out and flying proudly at my house!

      I just wish and hope someday we have politicians like we did in WW-2
      Meaning ..you annihilate the enemy and any who give them safe harbor period!
      When they yell "UNCLE" and say "we quit" we help return them to civilization.

      Politically correctness [collateral damage] does not play well in a "WAR" and should never
      be in the same sentence. We should have learned that by now!

      I support peace and let everyone live their way of life..but when your way of life
      is in my face [USA] you're gonna get walloped!

      If you don't like my [USA] way of life..there are airplanes leaving this country every day
      that can drop you off in the wasteland...Oh, please return your technology upon leaving as we don't want any conflicts with you living in the 7th century!

      And finally for those of you "extreme" liberals teetering on Marxist ways You should be very grateful this country allows freedom of speech....Then again since you hate this country and the Constitution so much, I bet there is plenty of room for you on that same airplane!
      Then you can see what happens to people like you when you ***** in some other country


      Cactus Man
      i am very grateful. thanks so much for allowing me to stay. i am actually overwhelmed by emotion at this moment.

      i thought this country welcomed people of all races religions and political beliefs and now you want me to leave? darn it.

      i also thought that the predominant religous belief in this country was one that teaches preaches and FERVENTLY believes in the love of G_D and his over arching forgiveness.

      maybe the people who want me to leave are the ones that should leave?

      but, alas, no, i really believe in liberty, justice, and the american way so i welcome you to stay for goodness sakes that is what makes the godd ole usa so great.
      http://www.blackbookoftools.com
      http://www.gronim.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 911 and us all

        Originally posted by cactusman View Post
        The flag is out and flying proudly at my house!

        I just wish and hope someday we have politicians like we did in WW-2
        Meaning ..you annihilate the enemy and any who give them safe harbor period!



        Cactus Man
        whoa dude that is so old testament. and didn;t we pal up with communists during ww2?
        Last edited by dgronim; 09-11-2009, 11:36 AM. Reason: added brilliant thought.
        http://www.blackbookoftools.com
        http://www.gronim.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 911 and us all

          I think there is a big difference between our "Freedoms & Rights", and the misunderstanding by some that it means we are open to abuse. We say things like "Live and Let Live", but there are practices and behaviors that are not acceptable. Our country was founded on beliefs such as religious freedom, but not when that religion is bent on destroying infidels! We are taught to be tolerant of the sexual identity of those who are Gay, but that does not include pedophiles or those who abuse animals. The USA is not a dumping ground for those who wish to repress everday folks trying to live their lives and that goes for the agenda of the most well established religious groups, that's why our founders had the good sense to see the need for separation of church and state. We have immigration laws, but somehow twenty million illegals have taken residence and that does not represent a free society, but rather a society on the verge of ruin. Laws serve a purpose, maintain order and balance, in their absence we have chaos. I don't need to practice hate or foregiveness to have my eyes and mind open to the events taking place in my country. People who are here illegally not only work hard and do right by their families, but some of them hurt and kill Americans! They should not be here! Some illegals are burdening our failing healthcare system and getting treatment that they would be denied in their home country, how is that fair to us the folks paying taxes? Terrorists have attacked us here several times and planned many more horrific acts, how should they be dealt with in the future? Pedophiles work the legal system and some go on to reoffend, where is the justice for their victims? I don't expect absolutes, but I sure think we can do better for our country than to allow business as usual. We are not going to change the minds of religious extremists, pedophiles, rapists, murderers or the rest of the scum that destroy our pursuit of happiness. Understanding and foregiveness have limits and a proper place, and should not be used as a blanket tool to excuse such behavior in my opinion.
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-11-2009, 12:04 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 911 and us all

            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I think there is a big difference between our "Freedoms & Rights", and the misunderstanding by some that it means we are open to abuse. We say things like "Live and Let Live", but there are practices and behaviors that are not acceptable. Our country was founded on beliefs such as religious freedom, but not when that religion is bent on destroying infidels! We are taught to be tolerant of the sexual identity of those who are Gay, but that does not include pedophiles or those who abuse animals. The USA is not a dumping ground for those who wish to repress everday folks trying to live their lives and that goes for the agenda of the most well established religious groups, that's why our founders had the good sense to see the need for separation of church and state. We have immigration laws, but somehow twenty million illegals have taken residence and that does not represent a free society, but rather a society on the verge of ruin. Laws serve a purpose, maintain order and balance, in their absence we have chaos. I don't need to practice hate or foregiveness to have my eyes and mind open to the events taking place in my country. People who are here illegally not only work hard and do right by their families, but some of them hurt and kill Americans! They should not be here! Some illegals are burdening our failing healthcare system and getting treatment that they would be denied in their home country, how is that fair to us the folks paying taxes? Terrorists have attacked us here several times and planned many more horrific acts, how should they be dealt with in the future? Pedophiles work the legal system and some go on to reoffend, where is the justice for their victims? I don't expect absolutes, but I sure think we can do better for our country than to allow business as usual. We are not going to change the minds of religious extremists, pedophiles, rapists, murderers or the rest of the scum that destroy our pursuit of happiness. Understanding and foregiveness have limits and a proper place, and should not be used as a blanket tool to excuse such behavior in my opinion.
            i largely agree with you however i am an extremist. not so much religous although there is that aspect as well.

            i understand about the desire to annhilate etc.. in fact, biblically speaking, my people were and are OBLIGATED to destroy the enemy. no, i get it. i just can;t help myself, i see G_D's love everywhere even in the scum.

            and, i am also an extremist american. the free and open pursuit of truth, justice, IS the american way. i publish the bill of rights in my catalog and have since 1989. but, i prefer the declaration of independence.

            the constitution was conceived so that it could change with the times.

            "We hold this truth to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among this are life liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

            those words, however, have been true forever. i am an extremist for those words. and you can tell me to get out of the country and you can shoot me through the head and those words will still be true.

            i think i will choose to stay in the country and defend the American way, like i said, it is for US ALL.
            http://www.blackbookoftools.com
            http://www.gronim.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 911 and us all

              "We hold this truth to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among this are life liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

              those words, however, have been true forever. i am an extremist for those words. and you can tell me to get out of the country and you can shoot me through the head and those words will still be true.

              i think i will choose to stay in the country and defend the American way, like i said, it is for US ALL."
              __________________
              Unfortunately, the "American" way is NOT for all of us as a result of those who think otherwise and act to rape, murder and terrorize! If you truly believe in defending the American way and perserving the pursuit of happiness, then those who oppose that goal must be stopped. You must be willing to take action against those who threaten the freedom and safety of your fellow Americans?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 911 and us all

                Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                "We hold this truth to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among this are life liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

                those words, however, have been true forever. i am an extremist for those words. and you can tell me to get out of the country and you can shoot me through the head and those words will still be true.

                i think i will choose to stay in the country and defend the American way, like i said, it is for US ALL."
                __________________
                Unfortunately, the "American" way is NOT for all of us as a result of those who think otherwise and act to rape, murder and terrorize! If you truly believe in defending the American way and perserving the pursuit of happiness, then those who oppose that goal must be stopped. You must be willing to take action against those who threaten the freedom and safety of your fellow Americans?
                I have been defending the american way for a very long time. maybe since before you were born depending on how old you are. i publish the bill of rights in my catalog for goodness sake.

                as i said before i am an extremist. i started this post with the idea of us all being the discussion. that is an extremist point of view in todays usa. instead what i got was the desire to annihliate the enemy and a suggestion that i leave the country. as a good Jew i understand that as well. it just ain;t my goal.

                but i am an extremist: Rather than focus on defending against evil i seek to eradicate it in all its forms. period. i even know how.

                radical. probably way to radical for this forum.
                http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                http://www.gronim.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 911 and us all

                  Originally posted by dgronim View Post
                  I have been defending the american way for a very long time. maybe since before you were born depending on how old you are. i publish the bill of rights in my catalog for goodness sake.

                  as i said before i am an extremist. i started this post with the idea of us all being the discussion. that is an extremist point of view in todays usa. instead what i got was the desire to annihliate the enemy and a suggestion that i leave the country. as a good Jew i understand that as well. it just ain;t my goal.

                  but i am an extremist: Rather than focus on defending against evil i seek to eradicate it in all its forms. period. i even know how.

                  radical. probably way to radical for this forum.
                  Please share. I don't know what you mean by "publishing the bill of rights in my catalog", but even the great words of The Bill Of Rights, are just words unless good men and women are prepared to make them reality. Words do have some power, but I choose to rely on actions to gauge agenda. My daughter had a Jewish boyfriend who said he loved her, but his upbringing and "religion" would not allow them to continue. I told my daughter I had no patience for people who put religion above humanity! You call yourself a "Good Jew" , is your religion more important than your fellow man or are you a religious extremist? Is it evil to defend the innocent, or is the no evil or innocent in your world? What is your agenda? Personally I do not believe evil can be erradicated, it is born anew with every generation along with good, kindhearted people willing to defend against it in all it's forms.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 911 and us all

                    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Please share. I don't know what you mean by "publishing the bill of rights in my catalog", but even the great words of The Bill Of Rights, are just words unless good men and women are prepared to make them reality. Words do have some power, but I choose to rely on actions to gauge agenda. My daughter had a Jewish boyfriend who said he loved her, but his upbringing and "religion" would not allow them to continue. I told my daughter I had no patience for people who put religion above humanity! You call yourself a "Good Jew" , is your religion more important than your fellow man or are you a religious extremist? Is it evil to defend the innocent, or is the no evil or innocent in your world? What is your agenda? Personally I do not believe evil can be erradicated, it is born anew with every generation along with good, kindhearted people willing to defend against it in all it's forms.
                    i publish a copy of the bill of rights in the black book of tools under the helpful information section. have forever. i sort of believe in it. duh.

                    i am jewish and the jewish people are very tribal. the orthodox don;t marry outside the tribe. jews are not supposed to marry outside the tribe. i was born already beyond that sort of thing. i am working on informing them that they are a little off base. i'll let you know how i make out.

                    it is good to defend innocence. in fact, that is sort of my agenda...

                    my agenda is to spread love and kindness in every interaction i have. when i do not succeed i try harder. it is not easy. i know. believe me i know.

                    and yes, kind hearted people are exactly those who are best able to eradicate evil. they transform it is what they do. with kindness.

                    the problem is that even though kind heartedness is way more common than evil the fear of evil overwhelms us. the fear is usually a memory because, for the most part, for most of us, life is full of loving kindness and evil the rare occurence. but i also know people who were in the nazi camps who are so filled with love that it fills the room. it is possible. it is.

                    i see the love everywhere. i know, i take a lot of crap for saying that. especially from my son. of course he was AT 911. my wife is hard of hearing so she just smiles.

                    i'll post my picture.
                    Last edited by dgronim; 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM.
                    http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                    http://www.gronim.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 911 and us all

                      ps that photo was taken 2 years ago and i have not trimmed my hair or beard since. kids ask me if i am santa claus. i always tell them yes but that santa knows they are always good so they don;t have to worry.
                      http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                      http://www.gronim.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 911 and us all

                        Originally posted by dgronim View Post
                        i publish a copy of the bill of rights in the black book of tools under the helpful information section. have forever. i sort of believe in it. duh.

                        i am jewish and the jewish people are very tribal. the orthodox don;t marry outside the tribe. jews are not supposed to marry outside the tribe. i was born already beyond that sort of thing. i am working on informing them that they are a little off base. i'll let you know how i make out.

                        it is good to defend innocence. in fact, that is sort of my agenda...

                        my agenda is to spread love and kindness in every interaction i have. when i do not succeed i try harder. it is not easy. i know. believe me i know.

                        and yes, kind hearted people are exactly those who are best able to eradicate evil. they transform it is what they do. with kindness.

                        the problem is that even though kind heartedness is way more common than evil the fear of evil overwhelms us. the fear is usually a memory because, for the most part, for most of us, life is full of loving kindness and evil the rare occurence. but i also know people who were in the nazi camps who are so filled with love that it fills the room. it is possible. it is.

                        i see the love everywhere. i know, i take a lot of crap for saying that. especially from my son. of course he was AT 911. my wife is hard of hearing so she just smiles.

                        i'll post my picture.
                        I respect your willingness to engage, but I do not share your belief that evil can be subdued by love and kindness. The nazi death camps did not cease to exist because love and kindness suddenly filled the hearts and souls of the nazis. I grew up in The Bronx and lived with many survivors of the concentration camps, I do not believe they felt love or foregiveness for their opressors. I hope you can continue to live your life as you see fit. I believe for most of us to prevent a repeat of 9/11, kindhearted, caring, and brave Americans will have to face evil on a much more dangerous playing field whether it is here at home or abroad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 911 and us all

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I respect your willingness to engage, but I do not share your belief that evil can be subdued by love and kindness. The nazi death camps did not cease to exist because love and kindness suddenly filled the hearts and souls of the nazis. I grew up in The Bronx and lived with many survivors of the concentration camps, I do not believe they felt love or foregiveness for their opressors. I hope you can continue to live your life as you see fit. I believe for most of us to prevent a repeat of 9/11, kindhearted, caring, and brave Americans will have to face evil on a much more dangerous playing field whether it is here at home or abroad.
                          only a very few who were in the camps walked out with love for anything in their hearts much less the nazis. some did. i know them.

                          it is only the very few who can begin to forgive petty evil much less the mother of all evil.

                          that there is danger on the playing field does not deter me at all.

                          i fear no evil and what i stand for can not be defeated.

                          you didn't like the picture? the cute words about my wife being deaf? jeepers man, it is friday (Jewish sabbath coming soon) part of the battle is fought by lifting up the corners of your mouth.
                          http://www.blackbookoftools.com
                          http://www.gronim.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 911 and us all

                            "my wife is hard of hearing so she just smiles."

                            I like that, reminds me of my Grandmother(RIP). Vodka screwdriver in her left hand, a pleasant smile, many nods of agreement. Yet she never had a clue what we were talking about.


                            This debate makes for a nice read. You two are very well spoken and offer some interesting points of view.
                            I too have an opinion, that I do not wish to share, but I would like to say it's nice to read a debate among such opposites remain civil.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 911 and us all

                              "you didn't like the picture? the cute words about my wife being deaf? jeepers man, it is friday (Jewish sabbath coming soon) part of the battle is fought by lifting up the corners of your mouth."

                              Nothing wrong with your picture or humor, I'm dealing with some chronic pain and personal problems which make it difficult to stay lighthearted at times. I have written some humorous posts, I just have to get a handle on a few things. If I'm not mistaken I have seen one of your catalogs years ago when I worked at the Telephone Co. in The Bronx. Pretty sure it rang a bell?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X