Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off Topic Top Reason Posts

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    Except the first day, when he leaves five minutes early with the two non-plumbers still at the hotel.
    That wasn't entirely his fault. We didn't know you guys arrived and thought you were meeting us at Quaker Steak.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      That wasn't entirely his fault. We didn't know you guys arrived and thought you were meeting us at Quaker Steak.
      As I recall cpw posted he would be there by 6:00 PM. He made it a few minutes early but unfortunately it was just in time to see the bus leave the hotel. I'm sure it was not intentional but I'm sure it was a disappointing end to a long drive.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: Top 80 Reasons For Attending the Ridgid Roundup!

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        1. Product sessions
        2. Open discussions
        3. Meeting the guys who developed the tools we use.
        4. Meeting the guys in the factory who build the tools we use.
        5. Meeting other members from around the Country (and Internationally) to discuss what we love to do.
        6. Group meals and hanging out.
        7. All the goodies Ridgid gave to us
        8. All of the secrets Ridgid shared with us.
        9. Spending time with family and friends.
        10. The bus trips.
        11. Steve's bowling shoes.
        12. Plumbing Olympics

Please feel free to add to the list.
        I was searching the forum to find out what the heck a Round Up is and I guess this answers it. I was thinking rodeo, but all those SoCals at a rodeo....naaah Where is this thing held anyway?
        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

As I recall cpw posted he would be there by 6:00 PM.
          Mark
          All that really matters is that he was not left on purpose. He did post asking for the address of the restaurant and that threw us off.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Re: Top 54 Reasons For Attending the Ridgid Roundup!

61. Watching Plumber Rick help RHplumbing set up an Avatar for his account.
            Yes , I am very computer illiterate , thanks plumber rick , by the way Mark , It must have been very funny the other- other rick

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              All that really matters is that he was not left on purpose. He did post asking for the address of the restaurant and that threw us off.
              I know that we weren't left on purpose. Steve did apologize profusely. I wasn't really upset about it. You guys didn't know when I would be pulling into the hotel, because I didn't myself. The PA State Troopers can take the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                Rick did win the lag driving event...wait a minute...thats not plumbing, is it?
                like tossing bean bags into a hole/ cornhole is.

don't know about you, but driving lags are a very common occurrence for both seismic strapping and hangers.

did we all forget the surprise event on the first day

hand cutting 6 pieces of 1'' steel pipe and using 3 different electric hand threaders and oilers to thread them.

you guys let a guy wearing a silk shirt and khakis beat you up

by the way, i didn't get dirty

so all though it wasn't on the official list of roundup games. it was the most time consuming and physically demanding of them all

heck, even charlie was my #1 fan

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I didn't win any event but had a great time trying them all. There were alot of machines I have never used, and I think like most of the others, I was making a shopping list. I did turn in some respectable scores, even did the pipe threading in about 1 1/2 minutes. That one really wore me out, I'm glad I don't have to do that on a daily basis. If I'm not mistaken, I may be the oldest participant and I had a fun time trying.
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Re: Top 84 Reasons For Attending the Ridgid Roundup!

99. Watching Brenda thread pipe with a power threader.

100. Being one of the few in the room when Joey showed us her unusual SPOCK TOES.

The other Rick yesterday all most had me convinced that I should have gone. Now I am not so sure.

However Mark that is very funny. "Spock Toes"

Comment

Re: Top 54 Reasons For Attending the Ridgid Roundup!

Originally posted by RHplumbing View Post
                      Yes , I am very computer illiterate , thanks plumber rick , by the way Mark , It must have been very funny the other- other rick
                      The funny part is a couple of years ago he couldn't even figure out how to turn a computer on and Joey had to post all of his pictures. Now today he is teaching.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                        The other Rick yesterday all most had me convinced that I should have gone. Now I am not so sure.

However Mark that is very funny. "Spock Toes"
                        The funny part is when she showed us her toes she explained how as a child she could lock her feet together because of her toes. At first it was just for climbing palm trees to harvest dates. However, she went on to explain how today she uses them for climbing ropes and poles and the like. Then for whatever reason she suddenly clammed up and would not show the late comers to the evening gathering her toes. It was almost like she was embarrassed all of a sudden. I figure you should never be embarrassed of your talents regardless of how freakish they may be.

Mark
                        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-15-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

mark, you know joey is very tied up today with work. but she will be reading this and i'm pretty sure your "tramp stamp" will be the next topic of disucssion

remember your famous lines. "be nice"

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I hope Joey is not embarrassed about it, that is actually cool that she can climb a palm tree. I couldn't do that with an escalator. I want you to know Joey that I was not laughing at you but more of what Mark called it that made me laugh. I feel like this is one of those moments that I need to shut up........

Rick & Joey you guys are awesome.

Comment

sounds like you guys had a little show and tell session going on.

G3

Comment

101. Watching Brenda thread pipe with a power threader.
                                By herself after I wimped out

Comment

Working...
                                X