Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigar

Keith,

You owe me a cigar. Next time don't bring them out 5 hours before I have a flight out of town. I had to chose between sleep, or a good cigar. Had I chosen the cigar, I probably would have talked and smoked the rest of the night and lost out of any sleep. Thanks for the offer, the elk jerkey was great, it was a pleasure meeting you. You represented Canada well. See you next time.
    The Other Rick

Re: Cigar

I would recommend a Gispert or Montecristo Classic. Depending on how mild or full flavor you like your cigars.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
      the elk jerkey was great
      +1 on the Elk jerky.

Comment

I second that increment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        +1 on the Elk jerky.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          I would recommend a Gispert or Montecristo Classic. Depending on how mild or full flavor you like your cigars.
          he brought ****ns
          The Other Rick

Comment

he brought ****ns
            Oh, very nice! I would have stayed up all night for that!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              +1 on the Elk jerky.
              Originally posted by Josh View Post
              I second that increment
              make that #3 for me

a milder taste than atomic wings

thanks.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Had few pieces of the Elk jerky then tried to kiss Anita goodnight

This was her response

She wanted to try some too until I said it was from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Comment

You guys had ****ns at the roundup!!! Keeping twisting it in just to remind me that I should've came. My personal favorite cigar is a Sosa #2. The quality of ****ns went down since Castro bumped up production.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i dont smoke cigars but i smoke the hooka ;p

Comment

he brought ****ns
                      Sorry, didn't see this thread until now. Rick, shhhh, you'll spoil the little secret - no one in the world knew what I was bringing, but now you've gone and done spoiled things.

Next RoundUp, they're going to have a platoon of US border patrol officers ready to tear my Tacoma apart to find Castro's stash. I may have to start training some homing pigeons to get my wares acrosss the border.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        make that #3 for me

a milder taste than atomic wings

thanks.

rick.

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Had few pieces of the Elk jerky then tried to kiss Anita goodnight

This was her response

She wanted to try some too until I said it was from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
                        Glad you guys liked that. The private-business butcher that I worked with on getting that done was quite impressed also. When I told him I was ordering in some elk meat for he and I to work on a blend to do some elk summer sausage, his interest was definitely peaked - he had only ever previously done stuff in turkey, goose, venison (deer), and moose, but not actual elk. I know my spices, so we worked on a good blend, and it came out nicely. I was the taster and blender, but he did all the hard and dirty work. I'm still happy how it turned out though. Glad you all liked it. Next time, I'll bring some venison pepperettes.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                          Glad you guys liked that. The private-business butcher that I worked with on getting that done was quite impressed also. When I told him I was ordering in some elk meat for he and I to work on a blend to do some elk summer sausage, his interest was definitely peaked - he had only ever previously done stuff in turkey, goose, venison (deer), and moose, but not actual elk. I know my spices, so we worked on a good blend, and it came out nicely. I was the taster and blender, but he did all the hard and dirty work. I'm still happy how it turned out though. Glad you all liked it. Next time, I'll bring some venison pepperettes.

Is this a secret recipe? Or do you mind sharing? I have about 65lbs of venison and 100 lbs of elk from previous hunting trips and I am all ways looking for new and fun ways to make jerky and sausage.

Comment

Is this a secret recipe? Or do you mind sharing? I have about 65lbs of venison and 100 lbs of elk from previous hunting trips and I am all ways looking for new and fun ways to make jerky and sausage.
                            No secret - I wish I could take all of the credit for this, but I didn't do the hard work. I just had some of his normal deer/venison summer sausage, and we worked from there. I was just the palate.

Along with the normal summer sausage stuff (liquid smoke, garlic salt, onion salt, curing salt, mustard seed, peppercorns, brown sugar, etc.) when I gave him the meat and put in my request with him, I had him cut down on the amount of curing salt to about 1/2 of normal, and replace that with sea salt, and add just a little bit more. I also had him add a little bit of molasses, in place of brown sugar. And, as well, a little bit of anise liquor, just a slight pinch, to bring out that slight black licorice after-taste that elk meat has compared to deer/venison. This butcher is also known for adding in a couple cloves, to make his stuff unique.

With all that blended together, we were both quite happy.

Comment

My mouth is watering. That sounds great. I have been smoking my own stuff for years and people all ways like it but I never have found a perfect blend.

Comment

Working...
                              X