Thank you patriot act+ fbi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you patriot act+ fbi

not that I have listened to a lot of news to day but did watch last night when they were arresting them and am getting Colorado news, and it is one of the top stories, and have yet heard where the patriot act had any thing to do with there case, maybe it has been said, but I have not heard it, it sounded like to me it was just good old investigative work.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
      There were choices and there still may be choices. These have to do with the West meddling in someone else's business just because we must drive those gas guzzlers. That is the main issue. No oil problems, no terrorism. Western companies pocket billions of dollars in profits from resources belonging to foreigners who live in abject poverty. We need what they want and we take it by force if all else fails.

If Americans agree to cede their liberties then the terrorists have won.
      One thing for sure, American foriegn policies in ME in the last 4 or 5 decades have been a series of spectacular failures and those very failure come back biting the US and their associates in their collective behind. Where is Iran now after CIA abolished a democratically elected government (Operation Ajax, 1953)? Where was the CIA's intelligence (pun unintended) when they sent Rumsfeld with a fresh supply of chemical weapons and an handhake for Saddam?

See, this terrorism things is not so simple and it cannot be looked at in isolation. We need to remember whence it came. But then, the sad part is that history teaches us that history teaches us nothing.

Again, long story short, the path to victory with terrorism is not through military actions (how's that war on drug doing with drugs cheaper than ever?) but through energy independence. The West is not independent in this respect so various oil companies get the political and military backing. Violence begets violence. They don't hate us for our freedoms. They hate us because we took away their freedoms.

The Patriot Act has nothing to do with the war on terror. Even the name smacks of cheesy propaganda. Been there, done that. Commies were no different. Exactly the same tactics and exactly the same path. I was trained to kill you because I was taught all of you guys were trained to kill me.
      Except that by definition we did not trust our commie governments so I accepted the training but I laughed at the rest. You trust your government and it doesn't matter whether they are also commies or not. Power corrupts and politicians are too close to too much money. After a few decades when the West compared favorably with the Eastern Block the differences are now blurred. Now the people of the West are subjected to the very policies and tactics they ridiculed while the USSR was still there.

My perception is different. I'm not claiming it is better but I do come from a certain background and with almost genetic sensibility suspicion towards the scumbags called the government. I have lived on both sides of the iron curtain and I can positively testify that there is not a shred of difference. We drove shitty cars but we ate great food. You drove awesome cars but you ate shitty food. That's about the extend of the difference.

The so called war on terror is a convenient excuse to herd us all towards serfdom to the rich and powerful.

For governments two groups of people are a dream come true. The stupid and the fearful. These are the easiest to govern. The first group is easily produced by the so called "education system". And to be sure, "no child is left behind". All of them are turned into drones completely unaware of the world they live in. And no, American Idol is not the world we live in. A high school credit in dance? Gimme a break!

The latter group, is in the making. Aren't terrorists convenient to the governments?

Booo!
      No argument here on almost all your valid observations. The son pays for the sins of the father, and we in the high rise buildings and subways are our nation's sons! Count me as fearful that my leaders have screwed up in the past and made enemies that must now be thawarted by sacrificing certain of our precious freedoms. Elections have established that neither of the major political powers that take turns running our country care about the public very much. We complain to our elected officials, write letters to our Newspapers, post our upset on the Internet, Freedom Of Speech is great but in these times can it really lead to meaningful change? The best we can hope for is survival, from both the terrorists and our leaders. Well, the government didn't get my shitty car, I'm making sure it will run many more years. Communist china is supplying more and more of my food, and I trust there will be less and less contaminants in it as we grow more and more dependant on that great nation What are we complaining about anyway? The recession is over, everything is going to be fine.

Comment

Not everyone in our Govt. is stupid . They're not going to credit the Pat. Act. They're quietly watching ,reading, and listening, to these dirt bags in night shirts!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          not that I have listened to a lot of news to day but did watch last night when they were arresting them and am getting Colorado news, and it is one of the top stories, and have yet heard where the patriot act had any thing to do with there case, maybe it has been said, but I have not heard it, it sounded like to me it was just good old investigative work.
          It sure was some good work. And if they really, really wanted, they would have used some good investigative work before 9/11. I believe they chose not to seriously consider what the Frenchies told them. Heck, they even renamed the fries to Freedom Fries. A bunch of immature fvcks. Millions of French couldn't stop laughing.

I've been thinking for the last few years about those "planned attacks". Without offering ideas, and agreeing that you don't have to blow up WTC every day, and there is no Southern US border to speak of, is it really that hard to cause deaths and injuries to the innocent havoc in the US, or in any other country for that matter?

It's all bull, along with the almost Orwellian orange alerts, and pink alerts and what have you. Distraction. That's what it is.

My mom told me how when she was in high school, the commie propaganda was that Americans dropped potato beetle on Polish fields. Millions were sent to "heroically fight" against the American imperialism embodied in the form of potato beetles

I'm not saying there is no risk. Sure there is. Almost as high as getting killed while riding a bicycle, and about 1000 times smaller than dying of seasonal flu. Bike accidents and flu deaths were never considered as a reason to suspend freedoms. Not even the freedom to ride a bike.

Again, the way to fight terrorism is to blow the dust of the many energy patents shelved by the likes of Ford Motor Company and let the oil rich countries indulge in their oil.

This is what we need more of. And then, of course, we need our governments to allow us to switch from conventional oil, to the peril of big petro boys.
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I don't have to be paranoid to think so far the new administration has not done very much to make us less independant on foreign oil. That cash for clunkers program was a joke! How about really cheap solar energy for homes? Full refund for woodburning stoves? There is plenty of energy waste and very little being done to stop it. Talk about distractions, why did just about every News station broadcast hour after hour, day after day of the O.J. trial? Our country was being sold out from under us as we watched this garbage. Was janet jackson's bare breast that big of a deal to get so much media coverage? They feed us what they want and we take it all.

Comment

Sorry saw someone asserting Fox news was news. They have no credibility as a news network. I don't get any of my news from TV. Most my news comes from NPR. You can get more news in 1hour of the BBC then you can in 24 hours from these news networks.

This clip of CNN bitching about Fox news is pretty amusing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1f5xrOfGU

Comment

There are a lot of Fox News haters out there and I can see why they are so scared. Fox News dominates all of the cable news channels to a point where they now beat CNN and MSNBC combined. As a matter of fact they rate #5 of ALL cable channels. Like all news channels they have their entertainment shows like Hannity and Beck but they also have real news shows. The important thing is to be able to separate the two and use your head to research the rest.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We don't have t.v., so I get all my news from ridgidforum.com.
                  (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Fox News;

Oooh! Look!

Info-tainment!
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

cool fbi is finnaly doing there job...

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                        lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post

OK - That me me laugh really hard

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            There are a lot of Fox News haters out there and I can see why they are so scared. Fox News dominates all of the cable news channels to a point where they now beat CNN and MSNBC
                            You got it right. It is scary that such an unscrupulous organization has such huge following.

Or perhaps some people watch Fox for the laughs at the nonsense Fox presents. Kinda like people watching horror movies doesn't mean they would like to be either victims or perpetrators of yet another chainsaw massacre or a car chase.
                            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Like all news channels they have their entertainment shows like Hannity and Beck but they also have real news shows. The important thing is to be able to separate the two and use your head to research the rest.
                              The problem with fox news is you can not separate the two. They actively participate and manipulate stories to express the views their audience wants to see.

Here's a recent article involving Fox news making news rather then reporting it.
                              http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_292529.html

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                                Sorry saw someone asserting Fox news was news. They have no credibility as a news network. I don't get any of my news from TV. Most my news comes from NPR. You can get more news in 1hour of the BBC then you can in 24 hours from these news networks.

This clip of CNN bitching about Fox news is pretty amusing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1f5xrOfGU
                                fox just got told

Comment

Working...
                                X